Import Fees From EVGA to Canada

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
RogueMaster
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 403
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Import Fees From EVGA to Canada 2022/03/17 13:09:33 (permalink)
Wow. I'm used to that sort of lunacy with FedEx (who couldn't deliver a package on time if their lives depended on it) but UPS has always been reliable.

I'm also in the U.S., which may have something to do with it. You would think it would be a lot easier, since we share a border, and are allegedly friends.

It's mind boggling how we can give China anything it wants, but make our Canadian cousins jump through hoops like a circus monkey for a simple package that shouldn't be any more challenging than the daily mail run.

dbhkfa
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Import Fees From EVGA to Canada 2022/03/19 10:11:02 (permalink)
UPS tends to be more pricey for their Customs Brokerage service.  You can get an account with any Customs Broker, have the item shipped to their warehouse in the US and they bring it across the border, do all of the necessary import duties etc, and send it on with a Canadian shipper. 

There are whole bunch of Customs Brokers who will have a branch in both cities on either side of the border.  You can find them easily by searching near a less populated border pair like Pembina, North Dakota and Emerson, Manitoba.
JonnyVee
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 167
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Import Fees From EVGA to Canada 2022/03/19 12:12:58 (permalink)
Not sure why everyone is slamming UPS. UPS costs only $10 in import fees if shipping via Expedited or Saver, plus GST/PST - there is no duty. However, “standard” will incur additional fees and is to be avoided. Recently bought a Kingpin and x570 Dark …. No problems. 

Based on Saintminion’s taxes and the fee schedule on the UPS site. Looks like he went with Standard shipping, which was not recommended earlier in this thread. 

https://www.ups.com/ca/en/shipping/zones-and-rates/customs-clearance.page

A US parcel border drop location with (1) an import shipper or (2) driving to the drop location works great too. But it’s not free and will be more expensive then using UPS Saver or Expedited. For us Canadians, this is better suited for large items that offer free shipping anywhere in the US but no option to ship to Canada (or an excessive shipping charge to ship to Canada).
vmxnet4
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Import Fees From EVGA to Canada 2022/03/22 15:20:10 (permalink)
FWIW, mine was shipped UPS Worldwide Saver, and UPS billed me $52.something CAD for the RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra I bought on 17-MAR. (Was delivered yesterday.)
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile