EVGA

GTX 980 FTW display port issue.

Author
nlasky
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/09 19:28:25 (permalink)
So i just upgraded my 780 ti cards to EVGA 980 FTW cards and I purchased a 4k monitor.  Ever since i changed my cards i have been having issues with my monitor not receiving a signal over display port.  If i plug an HDMI cable in the signal is fine, but i only get 30hz.  I have to constantly restart my computer and randomly the display will work.  I wasn't having any problems with my 780 TI getting a monitor signal.  Is there a bios update for the card that addresses this?

1 Reply Related Threads

nlasky
    • Total Posts : 6
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GTX 980 FTW display port issue. 2015/05/10 23:12:03 (permalink)
    EVGATech_KevinS
    Hello nlasky,

The hdmi cable your using is it a HDMI 2.0? If not that why you might be getting 30hz on the monitor. On your 4k monitor, was there driver for your monitor? Try installing an driver for your monitor and can you check on you options in your monitor, if you turn on UHD Deep Color. If you see get the same result, please do contact us at , so we can give you a bios update for your video card. 

The monitor i'm using is a crossover 44k korean 4k monitor, can't find a driver update.  I do not think it supports hdmi 2.0, but that's not the issue.  The problem is that the display port does not send a signal on a consistent basis to the monitor. I had no problems on my 780ti's.  The display works fine on the AMD card on my other computer as well.  I received an updated bios from EVGA support.  Seemed to be working at first but the issue popped up again soon after. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile