Author
JaskarnSidhu
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 837
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2015/12/01 16:11:29 (permalink)
Hello everyone.

I recently had to RMA back one of my GTX 780's in SLI. Since EVGA did not have a 780, they bumped me up to the 970 and since I was using them in SLI, they took my other 780 back and gave me another 970. So now i have 2 970's in SLI.

The problem Im having is my video card in slot 1 only works during post/boot up and once Windows starts to boot up it goes dead. I then have to switch my monitor plug from the first video card to the second. If i leave the monitor plugged into the second slot video card I get no monitor during posting/booting up, but only when Windows boots up do I get a screen. I suspect its the drivers and this is why.
I did a fresh install of Windows 7, and then upgraded to 10. Without any video card drivers my monitor works perfectly fine with the video card in slot one. It posts, boots up, boots into Windows and everything is great. Its when I installed any one of the last 3-4 drivers that I lose the ability to see anything before Windows boots up. If i uninstall the video driver, I am then able to put my monitor back into video card in slot 1 and I can see the post and boot up screen as well as windows.

Bad card/cards or drivers? I have tried to uninstall and re-install the drivers several times as well as delete the previous downloaded drivers to ensure I am getting a fresh driver from both Evga and Nvidia.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

1 Reply Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49170
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: GTX 970 issue or driver issue? 2015/12/01 17:15:07 (permalink)
    The first card has a problem.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile