• Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/07/17 08:30:30 (permalink)
Card: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW DT ACX 3.0 10DE:1B81-3842:6274
BIOS: 86.04.50.00.72
Interface: PCIe x16 3.0
GPU Clock: 1506 MHz (currently, stock)
Memory: 2002 MHz (currently, stock)
Driver: 431.36, no GeForce Experience. Has happened on basically all drivers.
Other: Using UEFI ROM with BIOS compatibility mode disabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 (has been happening since Windows 7)
Monitors: ASUS PB278Q on DisplayPort 1, ASUS PB278Q on DisplayPort 2, both running with the ASUS monitor drivers and ICM.
Resolution: 2 × 2560 × 1440 × 60hz
Motherboard: EVGA X299 FTW K
CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X
RAM: 4× DDR4-XMP-3602 (Samsung), Quad-Channel
Location: The United States, so I'm on 120VAC/60Hz. Power is being run through a UPS (though it happens regardless) to all equipment, and all equipment is from a single rated outlet (no ground loop, either, already tested for that)

Other #1: I have tried many things - different DisplayPort cables (all fully certified), different drivers, doing a full clean of the drivers (disable Windows Update, uninstall driver in Device Manager, wait until older driver installs, rinse and repeat until there is no nVidia driver, and then using DDU to clear out any remaining driver junk, and then manually going through the register (O&O Registry Editor is very nice and free), Program Files, Program Files (x86), Program Data, AppData, and the Windows folder to remove any stray nVidia stuff, and then reinstalling the driver. I've tried multiple motherboard firmwares, multiples Windows OSs (I haven't tested it on Linux or BSD yet, that is my next approach to see if it is driver-related), nor have I tested any third-party Windows drivers (not sure if any even exist, though I don't see why you couldn't port Nouveau to Windows with substantial effort).

Other #2: I also have an ASUS GTX 970 in another PCIe slot that is being used for OpenCL, CUDA, and PhysX only. This problem manifested before that card was there as well.

Other #3: Problem #2 and #3 have happened with another motherboard, CPU, memory, and on HDMI. I cannot currently use HDMI because the HDMI ports on the monitors are directed to my work laptop. I haven't seen the issues from my work laptop.

The three problems:

#1: Once in a while (maybe every few hours, sometimes more often, sometimes less) my right screen (on DP-2) will flicker, go to a black screen, and then within a second will come back up. This is annoying.

#2. This has been a problem for longer - and on both screens. Sometimes... I will get 'pixel noise'... it's usually somewhat random, but pixels with what appears to be a Gaussian distribution will 'flicker', and this almost always happens near the edge of bright areas, or areas that are bright but are also changing heavily. The more going on, the 'worse' the noise can get. It's never HORRIBLE, maybe 10-20 pixels in a random pattern flickering to white/another color that is nearby (if it's a red box, the 'flicker' will be red).

#3. Sporadically, and pretty rarely, and mainly on monitor #2, a white line or two will go across the screen for a moment. It/they are not always from one side to the left - sometimes they start and/or end at a random point in the middle, almost like it's a raster issue.

I've been dealing with these issues for quite a while, and would love some input from people as to what might be causing it.

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: GTX 1070 sporadic black screen and sporadic pixel flickering 2019/07/17 19:28:51 (permalink)
    So these issues were also happening on the 970?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: GTX 1070 sporadic black screen and sporadic pixel flickering 2019/07/18 04:05:30 (permalink)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile