EVGA

GTX 1070 Ti hybrid pump started buzzing: warrantee replacement?

Author
BeemerBiker
  • Total Posts : 58
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2020/01/11 15:21:11 (permalink)
This board ran fine for just over a year and I started noticing a buzzing noise.  Comes from the pump, not either of the fans, and is getting worse.  Board runs cool, no problem, but I assume the pump is wearing out.   The other board on this Dell is also a 1070Ti but is a "dell" pusher, not hybrid.

Alternately,  the thermal controller is running it too fast or too slow. How can I tell?  I have the board out but can put it back in.  I have the Precision X1, can it report the pump speed in addition to the two fans?

[EDIT] I put it in a motherboard where it is vertical and the buzzing noise is gone.  Hear the buzzing in the tower system when the fans and pumps face down.  The problem is not the fans as I can stop the fans with my finger (very carefully) and the noise continues on no change. I assume this rules out the thermal controller.  
post edited by BeemerBiker - 2020/01/11 15:37:18

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: GTX 1070 Ti hybrid pump started buzzing: warrantee replacement? 2020/01/11 16:48:57 (permalink)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: GTX 1070 Ti hybrid pump started buzzing: warrantee replacement? 2020/01/12 03:40:05 (permalink)
    BeemerBiker
    This board ran fine for just over a year and I started noticing a buzzing noise.  Comes from the pump, not either of the fans, and is getting worse.  Board runs cool, no problem, but I assume the pump is wearing out.   The other board on this Dell is also a 1070Ti but is a "dell" pusher, not hybrid.

Alternately,  the thermal controller is running it too fast or too slow. How can I tell?  I have the board out but can put it back in.  I have the Precision X1, can it report the pump speed in addition to the two fans?

[EDIT] I put it in a motherboard where it is vertical and the buzzing noise is gone.  Hear the buzzing in the tower system when the fans and pumps face down.  The problem is not the fans as I can stop the fans with my finger (very carefully) and the noise continues on no change. I assume this rules out the thermal controller.  

You're making this too complicated. The pump is a single speed pump. What I did on my 1080 Ti Hybrid that had a slight buzz is put a piece of felt padding between the top of the pump housing and the GPU shroud. It was basically the pump housing buzzing. That was over a year ago. Still running like a champ. Your buzz might be caused by something else the pump is causing to vibrate. The fact you can change the orientation and lessen or eliminate it is a good sign.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile