EVGA

Flow control software says device not found

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
psouba
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/03 18:29:11 (permalink)
Same issue here, works the first time then it gets stuck on "device not found".  Tried everything above but no luck.

I've found something interesting though - I'm running an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, so I use EVGA Precision XOC software with it.  If I uninstall everything (Asetek driver, EVGA flow control, AND the EVGA Precision XOC software), then do a restart, then re-install EVGA flow control... well then flow control works perfectly.  I can close/open and restart the computer and it works every time.  The moment I re-install EVGA Precision XOC, suddenly EVGA flow control gives me "device not found".  So I'm pretty sure it's a software issue.  At least for me.  (again I've tried everything above including swapping coolers, usb ports, no corsair software, etc etc) 

Any EVGA insight would be appreciated :)
post edited by psouba - 2017/12/03 18:32:55
Scarab
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/04 16:29:52 (permalink)
I believe it has something to do with the LED sync opening before flow control, as I also have Precision XOC, once I close LED sync flow control opens fine (no "Device not found" window).
icylogik
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/04 20:01:45 (permalink)
I just got a CLC 280 and fixed the problem by doing this:

1. Remove Flow Control from Programs and Features
2. Go to Device Manager, open Universal Serial Bus controllers
3. Right click on CCVI and click Uninstall Device
4. Check the option to Delete the driver and click OK
5. Reboot
6. Windows will detect the pump but will be unable to load the driver
7. Watch device manager and install Flow Control 2.04
8. You should see the flagged device change to CCVI and go back to USB controllers
9. Open Flow Control
10. Reboot to make sure it stays working

Software appears to be twitchy, who knows how long it will work
post edited by icylogik - 2017/12/04 21:49:19
osdev25
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/06 03:32:24 (permalink)
any one found a solution for this  , as its really annoying me , to be honest i start to think that this cooler is a mistake , no troubleshoot guides no nothing  , and if you get in touch with EVGA they will ask you  to RMA , well ya THATS FINE BUT IN MEAN TIME HOW IM SUPPOSE TO WORK (COOLING CPU) ? FRESH AIR AND DUST ? 
Tech_JoseC
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 383
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/06 13:52:45 (permalink)
osdev25
any one found a solution for this  , as its really annoying me , to be honest i start to think that this cooler is a mistake , no troubleshoot guides no nothing  , and if you get in touch with EVGA they will ask you  to RMA , well ya THATS FINE BUT IN MEAN TIME HOW IM SUPPOSE TO WORK (COOLING CPU) ? FRESH AIR AND DUST ? 

If you are experiencing a CPUID not found error, before opening Flow Control go to your task bar and close LED Sync. Then try running Flow Control, this should resolve your issue. There is currently a bug with Flow Control or LED Sync that causes Flow Control to not work. Our programming team is aware of the issue and they are working on a fix. 
Capital
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/06 16:42:02 (permalink)
Same thing here. I was getting the cpuwb not detected error. Closed led sync and what do you know the flow control software opened without issue. EVGA can you please release an update that fixes this?
Capital
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/06 17:14:51 (permalink)
Also just found something else interesting. It further confirms that the LED Sync is conflicting with the flow control software and vice versa. Might have something to do with the timing of whatever opens first just like something mentioned above.

Windows 10 pro x64
Once I close led sync I can run Flow control no problem. Otherwise I get an error saying device not found. If I open CLC back up it now does not detect the CLC. Odd. In other words if one is open first the other wont detect the CLC. 
Tech_JoseC
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 383
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/06 17:17:35 (permalink)
Capital
Also just found something else interesting. It further confirms that the LED Sync is conflicting with the flow control software and vice versa. Might have something to do with the timing of whatever opens first just like something mentioned above.

Windows 10 pro x64
Once I close led sync I can run Flow control no problem. Otherwise I get an error saying device not found. If I open CLC back up it now does not detect the CLC. Odd. In other words if one is open first the other wont detect the CLC. 

Yes, at this moment if you attempt to run Flow Control while LED Sync is on, Flow Control will not run properly. You will be greeted with a CPUID not found error message. Our programming team is aware of the issue and are working on a fix. 
osdev25
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/07 02:08:25 (permalink)
EVGATech_JoseC
Capital

Windows 10 pro x64

Yes, at this moment if you attempt to run Flow Control while LED Sync is on, Flow Control will not run properly. You will be greeted with a CPUID not found error message. Our programming team is aware of the issue and are working on a fix. 

this  is interesting , so is LED Sync  a DLL that gets  installed with Flow Control software ? im not running  Precision XOC . Thanks 
osdev25
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/07 11:18:49 (permalink)
EVGATech_JoseC
osdev25

If you are experiencing a CPUID not found error, before opening Flow Control go to your task bar and close LED Sync. Then try running Flow Control, this should resolve your issue. There is currently a bug with Flow Control or LED Sync that causes Flow Control to not work. Our programming team is aware of the issue and they are working on a fix. 

I looked for sync led I don’t have it as I don’t have precision software . So any other suggestions ?
osdev25
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/08 05:20:38 (permalink)
hi guys ,
this issue really ruined everything for me , so these EVGA people ignoring  the issue instead of fixing they are more than happy to tweet about new stuff they sell instead of fixing  the issue, the re-seller refuse to accept the return as they are  advised by EVGA to ask the customer  to contact EVGA directly why ? ok so i tried to do guess what , EVGA RMA  steps  recommends FedEx or UPS to send it all the way to germany from the UK. and  guess how much it costs !!!!! ???? standard delivery £50 this is without insurance , First class  international £100, are you having a laugh ? nearly 70% of what the cooler costs ? is this kind of a scam to tell the re-seller to not accept returns  ? "Tech support " cant even tell me why the LED logo is flashing  in white none stop ? asking me to connect the USB into the motherboard  ? where  i stated on my ticket support question that i have changed the USB cable as i had a spare  , and the cable is connected to 2.0 USB header  ? then they asked me to install the driver  ? it really smells  like kind of scam to me  and everyone says  that they got a fantastic Tech/Customer support team ? REALLLLLY . they ignored the fact that sleeves in the tubes had come off completely  from the pump side  and  i took the AIO once to change the case and this  happens for  nearly  £160 cooler ? a real joke this.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/12/08 10:26:03
youredoinitwrong
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2017/12/09 23:39:01 (permalink)
EVGATech_JoseC

I do not have this LED Sync. I've never even heard of it. This is happening every time I boot my PC.

I've tried disabling Flow Control's own start options and made a custom task scheduler task but it does the same thing. It's also a very poor option because Windows forgets to open it half the time so I'm back to manually running it every boot.

I'm not sure if having this software closed even affects the cooler? 
WayneGeorge
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2018/01/11 19:18:30 (permalink)
Thanks for the tips guys. After shutting down LED Sync it opened without any issues. 
kevmuller
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2018/02/05 09:49:14 (permalink)
SoCalGamer86
I installed the 120mm CLC, the USB cable is hooked up to my motherboard USB 2.0 header but every time I start up the flow control software it can't find my cooler, in the devices it says "Unknown USB (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Ive been occasionally getting this error on boot, i have a feeling my CAM software for my NZXT HUE+ is conflicting with it because if that program doesn't start, Flow control works fine. but now CAM is crashing so i think they are fighting each other for CPU stats.

Asus Maximus VIII Formula
Intel i7 6700k 4.0Ghz
EVGA CLC 120mm
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
32GB Corsair Dominator Ram
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 500gb Boot drive
NZXT S340 Elite
Corsair 750watt PSU
2 extra SSD's and a Slave 3tb 7200rpm
mswjec
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2018/07/20 10:05:06 (permalink)
I had the same problem and used a different cable to go from the pump to a regular USB male plug (not the USB header) and the flow control application started working. 
Good luck!
Jrb_Dropshot
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2018/12/23 03:27:48 (permalink)
i've been having CPUWB Device not found for a while on 2.08. and the only way i know it will stop is if you unplug the mini USB from the waterblock physically while windows is booted, then plug it back in and rerun the software. it works, but you'll have to do it EVERY windows boot. iv been trying to figure out a software solution on this forum because no one should have to go into their chassis and mess with their computer every single time they boot it. this issue has been happening for over a while and for a straight year and some change, the devs just say they're working on fixing it. well as of December 23rd, 2018, THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. if this persists, this cooler is going in the dumpster and my business is going to another company. this is unacceptable.
MatTrick41
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2019/03/10 03:31:11 (permalink)
Mine was simple fix. 
Went in to BIOS, Turned off Smart Fan mode on CPU. 
coolmistry
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2502
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2019/03/10 05:23:12 (permalink)
MatTrick41
Mine was simple fix. 
Went in to BIOS, Turned off Smart Fan mode on CPU. 

Hello and Welcome to the EVHA Forum
Yes that correct! I got my is off all the time when in use CLC Cooler! 

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
sparowlite12
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2019/03/26 23:18:37 (permalink)
I am also facing this type of error on my iOS device. I am using iPhone X and I am facing  after updating the firmware.
NasvaK
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2020/05/06 05:57:58 (permalink)
hye i have the same problem.... windows 10 pro not detect de CLC. The fans running but not lights on the bomb _. MOB Aorus H370 GAMING 3
grizzly the pooh
Re: Flow control software says device not found 2020/05/29 20:09:12 (permalink)
mswjec
I had the same problem and used a different cable to go from the pump to a regular USB male plug (not the USB header) and the flow control application started working. 
Good luck!

Just installed a 360 today. Tried to open Flow Control, "Device not Found." Nearly new Rog Crosshair X470 MOBO and Ryzen 3600x CPU. Tried everything in the thread, no glory.

We had some old mini USB cables sitting around from old MP3 players, so we tried this and it works like a charm.  @mswjec, thank you for the novel fix.

Have to agree that EVGA puts out good hardware, trashy junk software.
post edited by grizzly the pooh - 2020/05/29 20:11:21
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile