EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!It might be dead Jim .... 3080 ti windows boots no video ... system posts loads OS fine

Author
kcwiro
  • Total Posts : 33
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/03/08 00:29:05 (permalink)
Sadly I think my 3080 TI Hydro Copper card just bit the dust... system has been having issues giving me video off and on even though the system did actually boot into windows just display nothing... I could shutdown the system via alt+f4 ... Motherboard VGA light was illuminated so did the whole pull and reseat of all the plugs and everything ... even tested the slot with my old 1080 evga deal and that card is what I am on right now as yeah who wants to rely on the iGPU on a processor ...certainly not me... 

... power supply is also less than six months old and a 1300W deal so yeah 'power' don't think is a problem there ... I even posted the card with the PCIX power disconnected... just to see if the board itself responds which it did... ironically the VGA MB light did eventually go out but no card in device manager / no drivers have changed for over a month so ...safe bet also not the driver... certainly been awhile since I lost a GPU ...

I am gutted as now EVGA is out of the game and if I go off my invoice date from where I was waiting over a year for my turn in line for 2021 I am still in warranty  .... I hoping EVGA can either fix whatever is wrong with this or has something that they can hook me up with... will be calling them tomorrow morning so wish me luck... no clue what they have left after they through in the towel on GPU's

i7-8700k 32Gb ram and 3080 ti hydro copper is what I sporting...or was...
post edited by kcwiro - 2024/03/08 08:33:12
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49170
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: It might be dead Jim .... 3080 ti windows boots no video ... system posts loads OS fi 2024/03/08 01:34:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kcwiro 2024/03/08 21:37:31
I'm guessing you already tried all display outputs on it using vesa certified cables? If no, give that a shot first.

You could always try baking it if you can't get any help from evga...

https://www.overclockers.com/the-oven-trick-repairing-your-broken-video-card-with-an-oven/

Note: Bake it with die facing up instead of down.
kcwiro
Re: It might be dead Jim .... 3080 ti windows boots no video ... system posts loads OS fi 2024/03/08 08:29:15 (permalink)
I have been using all ports on this for the triple monitor setup I sporting so sadly not solved that way even with single monitor running the two display ports or HDMI as I was hopeful that would give me something... And I was just.lookiing at one bad bios ..no dice... I'm pretty confident I looking at something that is terminal as thing doesn't even detect in hardware anymore once I got the system up with igpu went there and no card even in the other hardware bit 🤷‍♂️

My VGA diag led was solid which told me I wasn't likely looking at a driver problem... I did try the windows shortcut to reload the driver and got the beeps of system trying to reload the display but monitors just went 'no display and went to sleep' Reseated and did all cleaning just to cover the base there but I keep a very clean interior .. And my old 1080 I dropped in the slot and system is working with that as well so not a motherboard slot issue...

Suppose there is that disassembling baking deal but was not something I enjoyed hence I went for their hydro Cooper range with their own water block so all I had to do was the plumbing...

I looked up warranty and I still have a year... Owned my share of EVGA over the years and this is first one that gave me an issue... All others 10+ years of trouble free service...

So anyhow I should be ok as long as they have a replacement or means to repair my card as I would prefer to get this specific one back... Just operational ofcourse

...I'll probably add coolant to this guy and drop it in my brother's PC at their place today just to see if it loads to in there but pretty sure whatever this is the thing is terminal at least without manufacture attention....
kcwiro
Re: It might be dead Jim .... 3080 ti windows boots no video ... system posts loads OS fi 2024/03/08 16:02:11 (permalink)
RMA pending...
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile