EVGA

Hot!Do sata and perif ports on back of PSU output the same power?

Author
The Creator
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/05/20 22:39:29 (permalink)
I ordered a Supernova 750 GM PSU.  Do the sata and perif ports on this PSU have the same output?  I don't have enough sata power connectors.  On the back of the PSU, the Sata ports and the perif port are the same 6 pin ports.  The other end of the perif cable looks like a molex connector.  Could I just get another EVGA sata cable and plug it into the perif port? Or use a molex to sata adapter cable?  It would be for a Lian Li Uni Fan SL V2 controller which requires 1 to 2 sata power connections. 

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Do sata and perif ports on back of PSU output the same power? 2023/05/21 02:07:19 (permalink)
    Perif and sata are interchangeable, so yeah.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Do sata and perif ports on back of PSU output the same power? 2023/05/21 02:57:18 (permalink)
    The cable would need to be from the same company that makes the PSU and it would be best to contact EVGA and make sure on your model they are pinned the same. It seems like they would be but better safe than sorry when it comes to electricity. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile