Unreal Engine 5 ‘Train Station’ demo showcases incredible graphics jump

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2022/05/10 05:33:16 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/unreal-engine-5-train-station-demo-showcases-incredible-graphics-jump/

Unreal Engine 5 has officially released for all developers and there are already a number of exciting AAA titles under development using the new tool set. It'll be a while before we see the first Unreal Engine 5 games in action, but indie developers are already putting together impressive demos to show off the incredible levels of graphical fidelity now achievable. 

Over the last month since Unreal Engine 5 officially launched, developer, Lorenzo Drago, has created a small tech demo showing an incredibly lifelike recreation of Etchū-Daimon Station in Japan.

Previously, we've seen examples of high-fidelity open worlds in Unreal Engine 5 thanks to The Matrix Awakens, as well as a fantasy setting, thanks to the first Unreal Engine 5 demo, which ran in real-time on a PS5. The Coalition has also released a couple of impressive Unreal Engine 5 tech demos running on Xbox Series X. In this case, Drago was running the Unreal Engine 5 demo on a PC with an RTX 2080 graphics card and a Ryzen 7 3700X processor, and a VR controller for motion tracking. Unreal Engine 5 launched on the 5th of April, so we expect to see the first full games using the engine in 2023.

The realistic effects in the demo below is just awesome. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Unreal Engine 5 ‘Train Station’ demo showcases incredible graphics jump 2022/05/10 22:07:19 (permalink)
    WOW. Only reason I could tell it was a render was because of the aliasing on distant objects. Unreal indeed. 
    fergusonll
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1686
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Unreal Engine 5 ‘Train Station’ demo showcases incredible graphics jump 2022/05/13 12:23:05 (permalink)
    Very impressive, eager to experience this in real time.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Unreal Engine 5 ‘Train Station’ demo showcases incredible graphics jump 2022/05/13 14:45:11 (permalink)
    I just see the way it was shot with the video camera style footage and wonder how long before we have Unreal 5 running on PC VR. It would almost be too realistic to have in VR though since I kind of feel that telling it's not real helps keep it from being too scary for some games.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile