Helpful ReplyWant to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ShawnB420
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 401
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Want to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper 2022/01/14 05:46:43 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
ShawnB420

Dual loops offer no benefits in temps

They do but it's mainly minimal and not for everyone.  Those who do it do it for show or getting every inch of cooler temps possible while only again, will be a minor improvement for benchmarking to get every point possible. 

collinscdj
Only thing I would add is to try to avoid 90-degree angles in your loops. Sometimes, you have no choice, depending on work area available, but aim for it if you can. Do it as a last resort. If anything, try to use 2 x 45-degree angles, instead of a single 90-degree.

I literally use 10+ angle fittings, granted I'm on dual D5s in serial in a already complex loop and still able to get 1.0 GPM.

Remember, 1.0-1.5 GPM is the sweet spot for a efficient operating loop.  

ShawnB420
An example of real overkill

https://imgur.com/a/TjQcfWY

That surely is.  I think that was created for epeen bragging rights.

Nope dual loops offer no improvements at all, the only time they do is if your flow is under 0.3GPM. Otherwise o point in the loop will be off by more then a degree

Also no my rig has nothing to do with epeen bragging rights. I just decided to go all out. I have no need of a dick swinging contest
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Want to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper 2022/01/14 06:09:33 (permalink)
ShawnB420
GTXJackBauer
ShawnB420

They do but it's mainly minimal and not for everyone.  Those who do it do it for show or getting every inch of cooler temps possible while only again, will be a minor improvement for benchmarking to get every point possible. 

collinscdj
Only thing I would add is to try to avoid 90-degree angles in your loops. Sometimes, you have no choice, depending on work area available, but aim for it if you can. Do it as a last resort. If anything, try to use 2 x 45-degree angles, instead of a single 90-degree.

I literally use 10+ angle fittings, granted I'm on dual D5s in serial in a already complex loop and still able to get 1.0 GPM.

ShawnB420

Nope dual loops offer no improvements at all, the only time they do is if your flow is under 0.3GPM. Otherwise o point in the loop will be off by more then a degree

Also no my rig has nothing to do with epeen bragging rights. I just decided to go all out. I have no need of a dick swinging contest

That's incorrect.  There are improvements but they are MINOR.    

As for bragging about your rig, that's not overkill or going all out, it's beyond that.  

Also, don't take it personal when you link your rig here and keep the language clean.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: Want to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper 2022/01/14 06:17:23 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
ShawnB420
GTXJackBauer
ShawnB420

collinscdj

ShawnB420

That's incorrect.  There are improvements but they are MINOR.    

As for bragging about your rig, that's not overkill or going all out, it's beyond that.  

Also, don't take it personal when you link your rig here and keep the language clean.

No you’re incorrect. The only improvement is less total heat load so less radiators/fans needed. Otherwise there are no temperature gains as I said no point in the loop is more then a degree hotter then any other point.

Showing my rig is not bragging. As for keeping it clean you started it with the epeen comment. Doesn’t make it any cleaner if you use a different word but I’m not here to educate you on your many mistakes.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Want to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper 2022/01/14 07:31:24 (permalink)
ShawnB420

No you’re incorrect. The only improvement is less total heat load so less radiators/fans needed. Otherwise there are no temperature gains as I said no point in the loop is more then a degree hotter then any other point.

Showing my rig is not bragging. As for keeping it clean you started it with the epeen comment. Doesn’t make it any cleaner if you use a different word but I’m not here to educate you on your many mistakes.

Why would someone create a dual loop just so they can use less rad/fans?  That defeats the whole purpose of creating a dual loop in the first place.  You clearly don't know why those that do utilize dual loops, granted we already know it costs more, are for those who want every inch of coolest temps possible and to improve on deltas.  If you don't understand that, research it.  Point is, dual loops aren't worth having but do result in MINOR improvements at a much higher cost if one should choose to go to that route and have no issues with their pocketbook in doing so.

Epeen is not what you think it means.  It's a internet lingo term that could mean something on display, etc.  I never hated on your rig btw.  I actually like seeing different custom cooled rigs.  The fact that you come here to try to educate me and boost your big rig at the same time is comical but you do you.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: Want to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper 2022/01/14 08:45:29 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
ShawnB420

Why would someone create a dual loop just so they can use less rad/fans?  That defeats the whole purpose of creating a dual loop in the first place.  You clearly don't know why those that do utilize dual loops, granted we already know it costs more, are for those who want every inch of coolest temps possible and to improve on deltas.  If you don't understand that, research it.  Point is, dual loops aren't worth having but do result in MINOR improvements at a much higher cost if one should choose to go to that route and have no issues with their pocketbook in doing so.

Epeen is not what you think it means.  It's a internet lingo term that could mean something on display, etc.  I never hated on your rig btw.  I actually like seeing different custom cooled rigs.  The fact that you come here to try to educate me and boost your big rig at the same time is comical but you do you.

Explain to me how it improves on delta's going dual loops compared to all in a single loop. Since I must be stupid. 

Also Epeen means A technology-related item or status used as an embodiment of one's superiority over others. IE a vulgar word swinging contest. 

But back to explaining how dual loops is better. Please teach me this forbidden knowledge 

I'll start. CPU puts out 500 watts of heat, GPU puts out 600 watts, combined they put out 1100. Put then in one loop you have to cool 1100 watts, put them in two loops you still have to cool 1100watts, just have to break up your cooling to do that. So where is this improvement?
post edited by ShawnB420 - 2022/01/14 08:48:33
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Want to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper 2022/01/14 09:01:21 (permalink)
ShawnB420

Explain to me how it improves on delta's going dual loops compared to all in a single loop. Since I must be stupid. 

Also Epeen means A technology-related item or status used as an embodiment of one's superiority over others. IE a vulgar word swinging contest. 

But back to explaining how dual loops is better. Please teach me this forbidden knowledge 

I'll start. CPU puts out 500 watts of heat, GPU puts out 600 watts, combined they put out 1100. Put then in one loop you have to cool 1100 watts, put them in two loops you still have to cool 1100watts, just have to break up your cooling to do that. So where is this improvement?

I'm done going back and forth with you.  Go research what you're asking.  

Sorry about the back and forth OP.  We're here to answer any questions you may have.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: Want to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper 2022/01/14 09:04:25 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
ShawnB420

Sorry about the back and forth OP.  We're here to answer any questions you may have.

Just as I thought. Can't do simple math or back up anything

Sorry as well OP. If you want real info and not nonsense head on over to https://www.overclock.net. Asking WC questions here is like asking Reddit, you're bound to get more misinformation then facts. 
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: Want to build a system around 3080Ti Hydro Copper 2022/01/14 12:13:33 (permalink)
ShawnB420
GTXJackBauer
ShawnB420

Just as I thought. Can't do simple math or back up anything

Sorry as well OP. If you want real info and not nonsense head on over to https://www.overclock.net. Asking WC questions here is like asking Reddit, you're bound to get more misinformation then facts. 

Enough already !

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile