Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102315
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/07/27 10:39:41 (permalink)
Mortal Kombat 11 is the best selling game in the franchise | KitGuru

As announced by NetherRealm Studios (and reported by Gematsu), Mortal Kombat 11 has surpassed 12 million copies sold, tying with Mortal Kombat X for the best selling game in the franchise. When all is said and done, it is quite possible that the game may end up as the second best selling fighting game of all time, surpassing Street Fighter II’s 15.5 million copies sold.

Mortal Kombat 11’s sales success has helped push the franchise to new heights, with creator Ed Boon saying “When Mortal Kombat launched nearly 30 years ago, I never dreamed it would grow into the franchise it is today with more than 73 million games sold. We have some of the most passionate fans in the world and we appreciate the support they have shown us over the years.”
Mortal Kombat 11 was the 4th best selling game of 2019, and judging by its continued sales success, it looks like it won’t be slowing down any time soon. It will be interesting to see what the studio has planned next.

With 12 million copies sold I imagine there will be a sequel.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile