EVGA

XR1 - PS5 - Arctis Wireless Pro

Author
mickap
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/23 03:35:17 (permalink)
Really seeking some assistance on this if possible. I just bought the XR1 and I'm stuck.

I'm trying to stream my PS5 via OBS, and using Arctis Wireless Pro.

Followed the setup guide. Controller plugged into the controller input on XR1 (right plug). Headset plugged into the mic in / line out connection on XR1 (left plug). I've tried both cable direct to the headset as well as to the transmitter box via AUX line in function.

I can get console sound through my headset and into OBS, but the mic doesn't work. Theh only mic I can get to work is the mic on the controller which is pointless. 

Is it because of the type of headset I have that I cannot get the mic to work?

3 Replies Related Threads

mickap
    Re: XR1 - PS5 - Arctis Wireless Pro 2021/06/23 22:14:10 (permalink)
    I've managed to get the microphone working, but now a new problem - the mic audio is extremely quiet!

On stream, my voice cannot be heard over the volume of the PS5 game. If the game sound is low you can hear me, other than that it's drowned out.

The input volume on the XR1 is maxed out.
    EVGATech_DavidR
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 318
    Re: XR1 - PS5 - Arctis Wireless Pro 2021/06/27 09:50:39 (permalink)
    Have you tried plugging the line output from the receiver box to the console/controller input? It sounds like there may be an issue with the line level output going in to a mic level input, which may result in very low sound. Typically, you would want your mic input to go direct to your PC, when possible, to avoid any such issues.
    mickap
    Re: XR1 - PS5 - Arctis Wireless Pro 2021/06/27 13:07:29 (permalink)
    Currently it's plugged in exactly how the guide says to connect a console in order to hear all three of party chat, my mic and the game.

I've tried 3 headsets now. 2 connect direct via 3.5mm connection so the receiver box is no longer a problem.

Audio cable from controller into the right connection on XR1 to get party chat. Volume level in OBS works great for this.

HDMI connections all working great for game audio.

3.5mm headset cable plugged into the left connection on the XR1 which is for mic. Input level turned up max.

Everyone is PS5 party chat can hear my mic perfectly as well. Just the OBS side had low input.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile