EVGA

GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now)

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
Clovis559
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 563
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/06 19:44:31 (permalink)

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/06 20:10:09 (permalink)
Today has been rough.

Just saying, come on for Reals Asus? I miss my EVGA board so much already..

For Reals Asus?

For the love of the game Optimus 

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/07 04:26:34 (permalink)
Wait, there's really a MOUNTING screw hole UNDER an M.2? The F? :-D Wow, that's actually silly.

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/07 08:35:31 (permalink)
It was very annoying. Install motherboard, screw ****. You have to remove a tiny grill, to remove the M.2, to screw it in.
Put it all back together. See the plastic cover over the SuperFX chip. Take it all apart, remove motherboard. Undo screws in the back.
Put all back together. GPU backside hits plastic cover.

Take it all back apart... 

That's how my day went yesterday. The Koolance block is okay. It works but the temps aren't as good (or bad) as the previous solution.
I don't have to deal with this anymore. That's kinda gross:

I got everything installed. Nothing is tweaked yet. I'm actually going to enjoy a game real fast:

Also ended up with perfect amount of tubing, except I hooked the CPU cold plate up backwards again o.O
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/08 04:21:03 (permalink)
Guess I'll have to double check that my standoffs are in the right positions before I get it mounted.

I'm probably not going to do the swap today, I was up over 24 hours yesterday & even though I slept decently well for at least 8-10 hours, I know I'm going to get tired early today, and I don't want to get like halfway done then have to sleep and pause the exchange of parts.

Today I might remove the non-required fans in the system I.E. the backplate fan, RAM fan, & the M.2 fan... with the X570 Hero having a Chipset fan that I believe also blows air over the M.2s, I may end up not reinstalling the M.2 fan when the new setup is in.

Are the covers over the M.2 areas plastic or metal or a hybrid of both?  They look like metal to me, I haven't taken the board out of the box at all yet.  If they're metal, I'll probably keep the M.2 fan (I run it at 1000-1300RPM currently depending on system load), since it'll be blowing over the lower M.2, which in this case will be the 2TB 980 Pro, which is my Games M.2 so it'll run warm whenever I'm playing the games on there of course.

I finally put a fan back in the back area of the case over the Hard Drive/SSD area, looks a bit goofy cuz it's over the upper two spots (cuz they're all that's occupied, unsure if I'm going to keep it that way since I'm only going to have 2 drives back there now, which will make wiring simpler) which means it sticks up over the tray that the motherboard etc is on slightly.

Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/13 05:33:00 (permalink)
I just noticed you went the 4 sticks route on the RAM.  I've seen some benchmarks indicating that 4 DIMMs performs better in some tests than 2, but given that my kit has much better timings than my old kit can run at the same speed, at least without pushing the voltage up, I'm inclined to stick with the 2x16GB setup for now.

5950x is confirmed going to be here today :-D On vehicle for delivery, glad it's getting here a day early... unfortunately it looks like the PWM fan cord to fix my pump noise, the M.2 card & my lil' bluetooth USB pluggaroo might be delayed til tomorrow, but those aren't really all that important overall.  The pump noise is annoying but not something I can hear much at all with headphones on unless it's dead silence in whatever game I'm playing.

From what I've seen, pretty much everyone is getting 4.6-4.7GHz all core on their 5950x's, and apparently, with the way DerBauer showed to OC, you can still enjoy the single core boost of 5GHz+ while getting all core higher clocks with some custom settings in BIOS, on our board - basically there's settings where you can tell the motherboard to use regular boost tables when the CPU is drawing less than XX Amps, then once it goes over that threshold, AKA when it's going in to an all-core workload, it sets to the lower voltage required for the all-core OC & sets all cores to whatever multipliers you have set in the BIOS under that area.  I think his did 4.675GHz on one Die & 4.6GHz on the other, with like 1.32V (with a +.01325 offset or something like that) which is pretty low compared to some other reviews I've seen OC settings. 
As long as I can get 4.6 all core out of it I'll be pretty happy, if I get lucky & get one that can do 4.7+ I'll be ecstatic.

How is yours coming along so far?

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/13 22:29:42 (permalink)
Dabadger84
I just noticed you went the 4 sticks route on the RAM.  I've seen some benchmarks indicating that 4 DIMMs performs better in some tests than 2, but given that my kit has much better timings than my old kit can run at the same speed, at least without pushing the voltage up, I'm inclined to stick with the 2x16GB setup for now.

5950x is confirmed going to be here today :-D On vehicle for delivery, glad it's getting here a day early... unfortunately it looks like the PWM fan cord to fix my pump noise, the M.2 card & my lil' bluetooth USB pluggaroo might be delayed til tomorrow, but those aren't really all that important overall.  The pump noise is annoying but not something I can hear much at all with headphones on unless it's dead silence in whatever game I'm playing.

From what I've seen, pretty much everyone is getting 4.6-4.7GHz all core on their 5950x's, and apparently, with the way DerBauer showed to OC, you can still enjoy the single core boost of 5GHz+ while getting all core higher clocks with some custom settings in BIOS, on our board - basically there's settings where you can tell the motherboard to use regular boost tables when the CPU is drawing less than XX Amps, then once it goes over that threshold, AKA when it's going in to an all-core workload, it sets to the lower voltage required for the all-core OC & sets all cores to whatever multipliers you have set in the BIOS under that area.  I think his did 4.675GHz on one Die & 4.6GHz on the other, with like 1.32V (with a +.01325 offset or something like that) which is pretty low compared to some other reviews I've seen OC settings. 
As long as I can get 4.6 all core out of it I'll be pretty happy, if I get lucky & get one that can do 4.7+ I'll be ecstatic.

How is yours coming along so far?

I'm actually not quite sure what I'm going to end on. I haven't tweaked the system. I'm kind of in a butt mood cause of the problems with my disconnects.
They work, but the flow is reduced by a bit. The four sticks was a because I had them situation. I tweak ram last. Also I have the CPU still backwards, yeesh

At least the clogging is gone. 

You can see in these two images, the diameter is cut down quite a bit from a G1/4" fitting, but the other problem is in the third photo. If the disconnects aren't pushed together, there is horrible, horrid, cinderella step sister flow. I used metal twine, or whatever artwire that is, to keep them pinched together. I do have 3 different disconnects coming and I'm hoping I like one of the 3, to replace all of these (2 Alphacool, 1 Koolance set) :

post edited by Clovis559 - 2021/04/13 22:32:49
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/13 22:45:59 (permalink)
Yeah I've been in a fowl mood about my pump noise situation too, and after operating on the card, I did not manage to fix it...

But, it seems HydroCopper Kingpins are coming Friday... with the eVGA Bucks I have saved up, I may just pick one of those up, swap the backplates (and backplate stickers) when the new one gets here, then RMA my card for the pump noise IF they can guarantee I'll be getting a fresh NEW card & not some refurbished trash like that one guy did... if they can't guarantee that, I'll just resell the AIO Kingpin to someone that wants to go SLi for funsies, with clear indication that it has pump noise issues. 

This is making me wish they should the Kingpin AIO as a separate unit you can purchase I.E. how the Hybrid Coolers can be bought separately... at least then I could buy another one, swap it out to get a pump that's quiet again - also makes me wonder why they aren't offering people with pump noise issues the choice to swap the AIO out themselves & save their RMA system having to deal with whole cards instead of just AIOs.  Or when it's RMAed for pump noise, just replace the AIO & send the person back their same card... it really seems to me that would make more monetary sense, unless they do not have access to making the AIOs separately for such instances occurring.

When you feel like fiddling with PBO, let me know if your system exhibits the same stuff I went over in my ModRigs thread about how weird PBO is acting for me & the setting I changed to fix it.  As of right now, I'm pretty happy with a 70C max load temp, 210W power draw, ~4.4GHz all core boost & still getting almost 5GHz single core boost.

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/13 22:50:00 (permalink)
They're supposed to have water blocks at the same time, I was just goin to purchase one of those. Jacob said on his twitter, waterblocks sold seperately for Kingpins, but not their other models.

Aquanting has the disconnect I want, but shipping is $57 for 1 or 8.
Well I don't want to buy 8 till I know I like the 1.
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/16 12:31:29 (permalink)
Whenever you have time if you'd like to compare notes:

This is the PCIe Gen 3 drive I have in an Asus Hyper M.2 Gen4 Card (bottom slot by itself, only drive in the card) :

And this is the Samsung 2TB 980 Pro (in the bottom chipset-driven M.2 which I assume is x4 4.0) : 

Very odd the Random Write is the same O_o Neat to see that PCIe Gen 4 is running twice as fast on it though.

I guess I need to double check the manual & see if me using the bottom x4 slot effects the M.2 slots bandwidth at all, that might explain why the 980 Pro is under performing in Write there.

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/16 13:57:13 (permalink)
Dabadger84
Whenever you have time if you'd like to compare notes:

This is the PCIe Gen 3 drive I have in an Asus Hyper M.2 Gen4 Card (bottom slot by itself, only drive in the card) :

And this is the Samsung 2TB 980 Pro (in the bottom chipset-driven M.2 which I assume is x4 4.0) : 

Very odd the Random Write is the same O_o Neat to see that PCIe Gen 4 is running twice as fast on it though.

I guess I need to double check the manual & see if me using the bottom x4 slot effects the M.2 slots bandwidth at all, that might explain why the 980 Pro is under performing in Write there.

I'm not a HDD expert, but it is common for the write to be faster then the read on most NVME SSD Drives. Why I cannot explain, you would think it would be the other way around. Your OC's are amazing btw, the progress you made. Your Timespy CPU score is higher then mine. I'm still not messing with it until I fix the disconnects. I'm looking at 4 different types of connets this week. One from Koolance, and 3 Alphacool. I won't know until Wednesday which one I go with.

83 is an insanely good RND4k Q1T1 only to be beat by the optane drive I believe! And it's discontinued for consumers.
Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/20 00:14:43 (permalink)

Stuff is rolling in. I like the Koolance one a lot. That is the 3/8's version QD3, I ordered the QD4 1/2" Compression tonight. I have a feeling that's what I'm going to go with. The Alphacool Eiszapfen HF Quick release G3/8" is coming Wednesday. But I figure might as well go with a 1/2" so there is no flow problem. Also looking at a cheap filter that fits 3/4" NPT off amazon, if it works I want to move my filter to that to also help with the flow. Once this is all done though, I'm going to flush with white vinegar, redo the distilled/biocide/etc, and give it a kiss good night.

Also Koolance:
https://i.imgur.com/ySAUaXq.mp4
(Nothing crazy, just the disconnect shooting across my desk like a nerf gun)

Currently,
The Barrows quick release I cannot recommend in anyway shape or form. If you hook them up, they have give, allow the flow to be cut off by a lot. So I had to pinch them together to get some decent flow out of them:

(Metal Art Twine, Very good if your going for that Jungle Tarzan look)

And as you can see, that's a tiny hole in the first place for water to squeeze through:

The $10 all acrylic Alphacool ones look superior in design as far as flow, though I have not tested them. I'm keeping all of the disconnects because someday I would like to get a digital flow meter and test them out.

post edited by Clovis559 - 2021/04/20 00:21:45
Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/21 11:04:06 (permalink)

The Alphacool Eiszapfen HF 3/8" came today. My video card is going to like these. Just gauging by the minimum hole water has to pass through, the Barrows G1/4" to the Koolance G3/8" to the Eiszapfen 3/8", each is a huge difference. This is the Koolance QD3, and the QD4 is supposed to have better flow. I won't have a a QD4 3/8" to compare, but the last disconnect I have on the way is the QD4 1/2".

Exciting, cool (literally), Alphacool is here to cool some **** off. Someday I'll actually test them for real world numbers other then staring at a hole.
Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/24 19:07:06 (permalink)
It came a day early, which on the weekend is two days early. YEE!
Koolance QD3 3/8"
Alphacool Eiszapfen 3/8"
Koolance QD4 1/2"

The center piece that pushes in, is technically larger on the Koolance, but to the best of my measurement... it's near or less then half a mm larger. The entire size of the part that interlocks, is actually larger on the Koolance as you can see.

They're so close you actually wouldn't be able to tell which is better without taking it apart or testing with a meter (That I don't own yet). If only Alphacool made a 1/2" we would know which was the best one. Internally you can see that Alphacool internally uses 3 holes to pass through and Koolance uses 2 larger rectangles to cutout, but there's not much else the eye can see peeking inside.

They're both so close, I'm actually not entirely sure which one I'm going to go with... I had previously thought it would have had to been the 1/2".

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/24 19:25:02 (permalink)
Asked in my build thread, but I'll ask here too: You said you're running 4.85GHz right?  What LLC level are you using & what voltage set? 

I've been testing to see how low I can go at 4.6GHz, tested stable earlier at 1.275V set, with 1.24-1.26V showing during the stress test, LLC at Level 4.  Temps are lower than when I tested at 1.3V with level 3 LLC, and it idles with the CCDs showing 28-30C so I'm quite happy with that.  Gives me a nice baseline to fall back to when I'm testing potentially unstable stuff.

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/24 19:32:20 (permalink)
Dabadger84
Asked in my build thread, but I'll ask here too: You said you're running 4.85GHz right?  What LLC level are you using & what voltage set? 

I've been testing to see how low I can go at 4.6GHz, tested stable earlier at 1.275V set, with 1.24-1.26V showing during the stress test, LLC at Level 4.  Temps are lower than when I tested at 1.3V with level 3 LLC, and it idles with the CCDs showing 28-30C so I'm quite happy with that.  Gives me a nice baseline to fall back to when I'm testing potentially unstable stuff

Because of the flow problem, I've been kinda .
I never changed the load line or the voltage, so loadline is default and Voltage is: auto. I don't want to spend time dialing in, if everything's going to change once I put these disconnects in.

Once Warzone finishes updating, I will restart and check for sure what it's at.
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/24 21:04:08 (permalink)
Clovis559
Dabadger84

I've been testing to see how low I can go at 4.6GHz, tested stable earlier at 1.275V set, with 1.24-1.26V showing during the stress test, LLC at Level 4.  Temps are lower than when I tested at 1.3V with level 3 LLC, and it idles with the CCDs showing 28-30C so I'm quite happy with that.  Gives me a nice baseline to fall back to when I'm testing potentially unstable stuff

Because of the flow problem, I've been kinda .
I never changed the load line or the voltage, so loadline is default and Voltage is: auto. I don't want to spend time dialing in, if everything's going to change once I put these disconnects in.

Once Warzone finishes updating, I will restart and check for sure what it's at.

I could be wrong but I think default LLC is Level 3.  Because on Level 3, I saw about the same voltage under load as I did with it set to Auto, if I remember right.  1.3V set gave me 1.24-1.26V load at Auto/Level 3.  Level 4 allowed me to drop .025V while maintaining the same load voltage.

I think you can basically start at whatever you're getting under full load, add like .05V to it, set that as the CPU voltage in BIOS, set LLC to Level 4, then tick your voltage down from there until it loses stability.  Cuz Level 3 seems to give about a 0.05V droop under load, Level 4 only drops .02-.03V.  I don't think I'll test Level 5 because it's probably like Level 7-8 was on the Z390 AORUS Master, where it increases the voltage compared to what's set instead of letting it droop.

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/25 13:26:38 (permalink)
Sorry took so long, just checked. CPU load line: Auto. It doesn't say what LL it's at, I imagine it changes.
Voltage: Auto

I got caught up with some friends last night!
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/26 01:09:03 (permalink)
Clovis559
Sorry took so long, just checked. CPU load line: Auto. It doesn't say what LL it's at, I imagine it changes.
Voltage: Auto

I got caught up with some friends last night!

I believe Auto LLC is Level 3 based on testing I've done & reviews I've read of other people comparing auto to custom settings.  Level 3 would be the equivalent to "normal" pretty much.  What voltage is your CPU seeing under all-core heavy load (like AIDA64 CPU/FPU/Cache, R20 or something like that) at the 4.8+ clocks?

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/26 06:59:17 (permalink)
Auto puts 1.438v ias the magical number right now. I can't wait for this week to be over so I can finally tweak this system!

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/26 11:03:05 (permalink)
I don't think there's any way I could keep 1.43V cool enough to not cause a thermal reboot given the fact that I'm hitting low 80s if ambient is "high"er than 71F, when stress testing 4.65GHz. 

Unfortunately since UPS changed their website, I can't see WHERE my block is anymore during transit.  Currently still showing it will be here Wednesday, I'm hoping it shows up tomorrow.  The more I think about it the more I want to just start with the 2nd radiator in even though tubing & leak testing & what not is going to be an absolute mess. But then I think about it, and I could actually go intake on the top (with no radiator) and just have the 480 be exhaust - that way any heat it is putting out isn't coming back in to the case.  That would also be intaking fresh air towards the backplate cooling, RAM & VRM of the board... not that the VRM runs hot.  Even in the hour-long CPU testing I've done, VRM never went past 34-36C.  The fan I have blowing over the RAM/CPU/VRM area helps a LOT with that.

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/26 11:09:39 (permalink)
Dabadger84
I don't think there's any way I could keep 1.43V cool enough to not cause a thermal reboot given the fact that I'm hitting low 80s if ambient is "high"er than 71F, when stress testing 4.65GHz. 

Unfortunately since UPS changed their website, I can't see WHERE my block is anymore during transit.  Currently still showing it will be here Wednesday, I'm hoping it shows up tomorrow.  The more I think about it the more I want to just start with the 2nd radiator in even though tubing & leak testing & what not is going to be an absolute mess. But then I think about it, and I could actually go intake on the top (with no radiator) and just have the 480 be exhaust - that way any heat it is putting out isn't coming back in to the case.  That would also be intaking fresh air towards the backplate cooling, RAM & VRM of the board... not that the VRM runs hot.  Even in the hour-long CPU testing I've done, VRM never went past 34-36C.  The fan I have blowing over the RAM/CPU/VRM area helps a LOT with that.

I don't have any radiator experience, should be interesting. These have to be the 2-3 longest days of your life! What state are you from? (I might have asked that twice, my brain!)  I usually get items in a day from EVGA, but I'm 3 hours away. So excited to see you get your block!

Right now at 4.85 my load temps are 62c. I'm hoping the flow cuts that down by a lot.  My GPU is hitting 42c, and prior to the flow problem, I wouldn't see over 33c during OC benchmarks. 

SherwinXL7
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/04/27 10:17:31 (permalink)
omg lol
DeludedRaven
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/05/23 13:35:05 (permalink)
Dabadger84
I can only imagine what the "no noise" crowd would have reactions wise to my setup and it's 20 fans.  Granted, most of them are pretty quiet since they only run at 50% most of the time... but who knows.  Today's the day my Kingpin gets heatsinks stuck on it's backplate, then it's going vertical & getting a fan stuck on said heatsinks, should be an interesting experiment, never done vertical mounting before, this case at least has a decent amount of room between the vertical mount brackets and where the glass will be if I have it on (about 2", and it'll have air being blown to both sides of it with the giant 200mm fan I got strapped nearby to move air over both sides of the GPU currently).

Very much looking forward to your chiller loop results, it's crazy, but in a neat way.

I’m a big fan of fans myself. If you get real smart about the setup you can effectively create enough pressure to keep any dust out of the system.
DeludedRaven
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/05/23 13:36:28 (permalink)
Clovis559
Today has been rough.

Just saying, come on for Reals Asus? I miss my EVGA board so much already..

For Reals Asus?

For the love of the game Optimus 

This is precisely why I won’t purchase another ASUS anything ever again. I’ll never forget splurging $400 on one of those MAXIMUS ROG boards and literally the first time I went to unseat my GPU the plastic just broke right off.
Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/06/04 15:23:30 (permalink)
We're not ghetto anymore 

What a learning experience this all was... Appreciate everyone's help. Time to enjoy some games now.
tps34433
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/08/03 10:43:54 (permalink)
Clovis559
We're not ghetto anymore 

What a learning experience this all was... Appreciate everyone's help. Time to enjoy some games now.

This was a great thread to read!!  What thermal pads are you using? 

And, what is that signature on your KP HC box? Mine didn’t have that. 
Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: GHETTO - Hook your Kingpin up to your loop (For now) 2021/08/03 11:02:11 (permalink)
tps34433
Clovis559
We're not ghetto anymore 

This was a great thread to read!!  What thermal pads are you using? 

And, what is that signature on your KP HC box? Mine didn’t have that. 

If you purchase off of EVGa website you can go to @EVGA_JacobF twitter, leave your order number and ask Jacob Freeman to sign it. Some ask him to get Peter's signature and others, but I did not want to impose too much.

I never changed the pads on the front side, I stuck with the Ziitec pads. On the backside I measured everything with a mm tool. When I used the custom back plate I placed it much closer to the board than the stock backplate. This allowed me to use much better thermal pads. The backplate was only 2mm off of the pcb. I used plastic 2mm rings, and 2mm pads variously around the board to make sure it did not bend and touch. I believe I had 0.5mm on VRMS and 1mm on Memory and 1.5mm behind GPU. Those measurement's won't be useful for most.

I've temporarily moved away from the mods I had because the temperature is warm here, It's OC Offseason. There was one day where I reached 100F /37c and 10% humidity. That gave a 33f / 0.5c dewpoint. That was fun for a summer day, but the extreme ambient made water temps rise too fast to be that useful. (Usually in OC season the water will rise 0.5-1C, they were rising 3-4c. I'm using the Hydro water block complete stock while I wait for the Optimus Kinging block to arrive. 6 weeks and we will be close to Overclocking season again, and nothing I can do will compete with the pads and blocks they're sending me: https://optimuspc.com/collections/waterblocks/products/signature-gpu-block-kingpin-3090

I wish I recorded where, but if you ask Jacob/EVGa will give you the official pad thickness. I think it's in Dabadger84's thread in the first 20 pages :P 

post edited by Clovis559 - 2021/08/03 11:04:21
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile