EVGA

Unfortunate RMA timeline

Author
Gulrakruk
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/07/09 18:30:49 (permalink)
Yesterday, I had to file an RMA on a faulty GPU.

This is my third RMA this year.

My first card was a 1070 FTW edition that failed and started smoking, fortunately, the warranty covered this issue and you guys sent me back a 2070 black in it's place. I'm really grateful for that, it made my week. However, the card failed within a month and a half, constantly crashing after a few minutes playing games. I called and started another RMA process, sent it in, and had to wait a few weeks for the card to be shipped out. (This was due to covid, so this isn't your fault, but man this pandemic is adding insult to injury) I got it, it was a step up from the 2070 you sent the first time (From a black edition to the next one up, it's the small things). Last weekend, the whole process started again. Faulty gpu, crashing games. I took the computer to a shop because I didn't even consider for a second that the GPU was faulty a second time. He pulled it out, was able to get the computer to run for 4 minutes without blue screening, even managed to play WoW with just the intergrated graphics from the CPU. Just in add extra context, I know that it's the GPU that's faulty for a second time because in between all this time, I have replaced the MOBO, PSU, Hard Drive, Added RAM, took away the old RAM, and still had all of these issue. I have literally replaced everything except the case and the fans at this point.

I love you guys. Your customer service is the best I've had with any company ever, not just computers. However, I think your cards that are refurbished have some issues. It's happened to me twice, and you can very easily google more instances of this, as well as seeing it on reddit. I don't hate you guys, but man it's gonna be hard for me to buy another GPU from you.

However, I will buy PSUs, those kick ass.

4 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Unfortunate RMA timeline 2020/07/09 23:17:46 (permalink)
    Very sorry to hear this. I will take a look at your account tomorrow and send over an email and see what the issues are. Once again, we are sorry about the unfortunate multiple times you have had to RMA. This is not something we like to see. 
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Unfortunate RMA timeline 2020/07/10 20:28:59 (permalink)
    I have edited the RMA you have open to ensure that the replacement is fully tested and ensured to meet the quality of a card we would feel comfortable sending out by our QA team. We hope to make sure the unit does not provide issues like past replacements. 
    slywida
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Unfortunate RMA timeline 2020/07/11 03:38:10 (permalink)
    Hi Gulrakruk

I'm having the same problem as you with my RTX 2070.
    I may even have received your faulty card on my last return lol

- My graphics card (RTX 2070) has been down since 27/05/2020 (was crashing my computer after 10 minutes.)
    I chose the advanced option to receive a card faster, the 509.99€ deposit was cashed on 05/06/2020 but refunded on 09/07/20… (I did send my card on June 23, 2020).

- I received an RTX 2070 late on 16/06/20 due to a technical problem in their system...
    Card supposedly tested by the RMA-Team and which turns out to be defective (OK green and pink on all my screens and then crash).

- I received on July 9, 2020 the prepaid shipping label.

I'm afraid of receiving a faulty card once again so I told customer service that even if I have to add the difference, I would like a new card regardless of the model.
    But, my request is never answered...

Yet EVGA has a reputation for good customer service.
    For my part, he is the worst I have ever dealt with and by far...
    They don't have any quality service and don't know the commercial gestures when they are at fault

Have a good day ;o)
    daimos84
    • Total Posts : 93
    Re: Unfortunate RMA timeline 2020/07/13 23:54:08 (permalink)
    Where are answers from support, from top managing of eu team, that they are sending defective cards as replacements?? Forum, reddit, internet is full of such cases. Whom to ask for control??
    "have a good day"(c) "serious company"
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile