EVGA

RMA failed

Author
daimos84
  • Total Posts : 93
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/04/18 11:53:14 (permalink)
Hi! Seems, that I have got the endless RMA ever... The thing is, that warranty dept has sended me bad RMA card - artifacts and crashes...very dissapponted, i  was hoping, that replacements are being hardly tested.  Really shocked, how unlucky in warranty claim this time. Kindly ask you to test everything u are sending! So i have to send it back, have new post and customs payments, awful!  And the second question - is it possible to send me another replacement before u get this one?  Very annoying situation,  RMA # 5411200116467980, EU dept please help me again!...
https://youtu.be/DyWzprZPxyI
https://youtu.be/vH3gJZJL-88
I didn't make another one rma request or support ticket - can i use old rma info for sending back?

Also, just want to mention, that u ve sent this card(s/n) twice, first time i ve rejected to take it, because of changed weight. But this card was in your warranty warehouse about 2weeks!! 17/03 u ve got it, and only 02/04 sent. I thought, it had been tested for such time due to package problems... and sent me it second time with such issues! Very upset..
post edited by daimos84 - 2020/04/18 14:11:28

15 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA failed 2020/04/21 16:53:15 (permalink)
    Hello Daimos84, 

I am sorry to hear about your RMA troubles, I will be sending an email shortly about this situation so that I can help you get this taken care of. 

-Jose C. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA failed 2020/04/22 06:05:07 (permalink)
    Hi Daimos84,

One thing to keep in mind is that every GPU is tested before it is sent out. The shipping process could cause problems without it being a problem before shipping.

Shipping companies are rarely gentle with packages.

Hopefully the replacement works when it gets to you.
    daimos84
    Re: RMA failed 2020/04/22 06:45:44 (permalink)
    Thank you for response. The box came in good condition. Guys, i can understand all, - all delays, situation in world, simply accidents, travelling post troubles without affecting the packaging...but i see other topics with bad rma cards sent...so i am not alone with such situation?! It s about testing. Hope on fast help, and serious reaction, good gpu next time - without any problem...
    daimos84
    Re: RMA failed 2020/05/13 04:39:27 (permalink)
    A month i ve recieved bad rma, still waiting approval for new one....

Evga is broken...for me

Wrote to support again and suddenly had approved rma...awesome...
    post edited by daimos84 - 2020/05/14 03:59:24
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: RMA failed 2020/05/17 14:21:02 (permalink)
    daimos84

Evga is broken...for me

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    oakley999
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: RMA failed 2020/05/26 09:45:19 (permalink)
    daimos84

Evga is broken...for me

Was it ever fixed? Did you get any resolution?
    daimos84
    Re: RMA failed 2020/05/26 11:02:02 (permalink)
    oakley999
    daimos84

Evga is broken...for me

Was it ever fixed? Did you get any resolution?

Due to very long support reaction(again), the package is only on the way to rma dept...The only usefull thing i learned from communication with support are: 1. i am not original owner(but i could ask him to communicate - just don't want, invoice is loaded), and they can't do advanced rma(as i asked to send before they get this one card back) - it's ok 2. it's their fault, that rma card is bad, but i didn't heard anything  about it - about post and customs payments i have second time, time, warranty time of card, that is ending next month...Also they mentioned, that original card, that they had got first time, has no problems - "tested ok" in their rma base, but it had 3 different problems, that i described and recorded on video(gpu problems, not my computer or other pc component -artifacting in games, defective fan and not a problem at all but coil whine)...Now i even don't know, what to expect. I am sure, that the card is problematic, everyone can see video, and also it was very hot(didn't try to do anything with cooling system, didn't see temperature, only saw factory frequency  with very modest boost for such card, and artifacts in 3d mark tests, as i thought, that such artifacts are enough even forgot to watch, tried in other pc), the most important thing - it had such problems right from rma box....still don't understand what they were doing in dept -2weeks it was there(when i ve rejected to get it due to changed weight), that had not noticed such things...painful and annoying, but now i simply don't understand, how i can make them to send me good rma...waiting...nothing good in mind
    post edited by daimos84 - 2020/05/26 11:10:46
    daimos84
    Re: RMA failed 2020/06/11 06:25:06 (permalink)
    This is real endless hell as it is...remembered "That feeling, you can only say what is it in french" by Stethen King. The thing is, that the shipment only now arrived to Germany, but not yet to evga rma dept. I only want to ask another time - how i can be sure, that rma dept will send good card, tested efficiently and carefully? Should i write to support again? What should i do and can i do to prevent prolonging this?
    post edited by Sajin - 2020/06/11 11:06:27
    Drefsab
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: RMA failed 2020/06/12 04:06:40 (permalink)
    Wait so you send a card to them for RMA, they send you one back and it doesnt work and now they are saying you were not the original owner of the RMA card and can you contact the owner?

If so thats an absolute joke, sure you may not be the original owner of the RMA card because from what I understand RMA cards can be Refurbs, you would never have the contact details for the original owner only EVGA would know that plus if they sent you an RMA once they have already aknowledged your right to a replacement of your original card so surely need to honor that and get you a working card in a resaonable timeframe. Nearly 2 months on from reciving the faulty RMA card its not acceptable for response times. 
    daimos84
    Re: RMA failed 2020/06/12 04:42:53 (permalink)
    No, read carefully - it' s not a problem, that i am the second owner - they mentioned about it only because i wanted another card before sending them back the faulty one. The problem is : they react very very slow and two times i waited for approvement of rma and for sending replacement for very long time. And the main problem - they ve sent bad card as replacement. Today it should arrive to their dept. I am worry, because i can't be sure, that will get another good replacement. You can read forum - not only my problems wth long reaction and faulty replacements in EU. The rule of 1-3days doesn't work, but still only business days. And the most serious thing - they test bad the replacement card even with such long time lags. Something wrong in this house...
    Ps yes this time the shipment is travelling also too much time - a month, but i see the tracking, and as i said, today-tomorrow it will be there.
    And btw - warranty ends in 9 days, i saw somewhere that they give some warranty for replacement, if original is ending. But it is really a joke cause half of year i don't have card on my hands. Their fault - should prolong all time since card moves from owner.
    post edited by daimos84 - 2020/06/12 04:57:25
    Drefsab
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: RMA failed 2020/06/12 04:59:29 (permalink)
    ah ok I miss understood and thought they were asking you for proof of ownership from the original owner of the faulty RMA card.

Still the response times are awful, if my card ever dies and I had to RMA it I would not want to be without my rig for months like this. I bought EVGA because of their outstanding reputation on warrenty because I wanted to know if something went wrong that was not my fault that it would be put right. 

If as you say this is a problem perhaps something needs to be done at the EU RMA center, what is the testing prodecure on cards before they are marked good for RMA, perhaps they are not being tested properly. As a customer if I get a replacement card from the manufacturer that then id fully expect it to be perfect in that you have tested it fully it works exactly as it should before its shipped out. If the manufacturer of a card can not test it properly that is very worrying. Perhaps its some for a process review by the EVGA management. Perhaps look at how many faulty RMA cards are being sent out and having to be shipped back, work out the percetage. Then make improvements to your testing of hardware before its shipped (longer more comprehensive testing is clearly called for), then once the changes are made measure the faulty RMA returns percentage again to measure your sucess, then start all over again in a cycle of continual improvement. 

Fingers crossed for you getting your next RMA soon and that it works well. 
    daimos84
    Re: RMA failed 2020/06/12 05:08:05 (permalink)
    And here we are
    https://www.logistics.dhl...cking-id=CA031843267RU
    Now ball is on their side
    daimos84
    Re: RMA failed 2020/06/23 02:09:26 (permalink)
    And again - status "Preparing to Ship Product", it has arrived on 12 of june, status got on tuesday. Wrote to support on friday, asked about tests and status - they answered, that the replacement should be shipped on that day. No word, what i am worried about. Also they didn't answer, should i get email, when it is shipped..."We apologise for any inconvenience".. Is it so necessary to control the movement from my side? Again lie as with count stocks?! Can't understand, what happened to evga service this year.

Wrote to Jose Calderon, he gave me tracking - the package has been shipped for 5days, but i can't know it - there was no letter, and profile still shows "preparing..."Hope, all will be fine
    post edited by daimos84 - 2020/06/24 15:02:49
    dman_15
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re: RMA failed 2020/06/23 12:23:40 (permalink)
    EVGA EU RMA are under al lot of pressure lately and have some delays with RMA's.

The disparity between EU and USA customer service is plain to be seen by the number of people who have to take to the forums to get any movement from the EU center.

They will say they are stock taking but I think they have zero stock of cards to replace the faulty ones they get back. 
    post edited by dman_15 - 2020/11/25 07:10:14
    daimos84
    Re: RMA failed 2020/07/02 06:50:39 (permalink)
    Hello, kids! Another one series of our show! Here we are - they sent me a package with full cost of new product, when it had been in stock!...Last time they sent me an invoice with 400e in it, and now - 1250!!! What i should think? What arguments did they have at all to indicate such a sum? What words should i use for it? Have a notice from customs for 200e to get  this package! ! Already has wasted for warranty about 100e, almost because of EVGA service fault, and now +200 for warranty!!! I want to ask - why they mentioned full price of new product in invoice, while it is used, refurbished, out of stock, mentioned 400 in last time??? Also i want them to write in invoice less cost! Some times!!! Why they wrote 400 last time and now 1250???!!! I rejected this shipment, and it is going back, as i can't pay such money for warranty! I could pay this and forget about this story and evga as serious company, but i can't be sure, that even with lost 300e at all, i will have normal replacement, as they had send bad last one !!
    I simply want working adequate in performance card for already half of year!! Also want to write, that i ll never buy evga product!
    Ps also again change of weight - from 5kg to 2.43...
    Don't want this topic to be deleted, i see other unsolved problems with eu support, and see, that this topic thread clears in time

And later today i have got a letter(orly?), that evga had shipped my replacement. There wa a notice, that it had been shipped by UPS, but it is not true too!

So the package is on the way back to the evga gmbh
    post edited by daimos84 - 2020/07/02 14:41:22
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile