Sony delays both The Last of Us Part II and Iron Man VR

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/04/02 23:00:26 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/sony-delays-both-the-last-of-us-part-ii-and-iron-man-vr/

Sony confirmed the delays in a tweet today, saying: “SIE has made the difficult decision to delay the launch of The Last of Us Part II and Marvel’s Iron Man VR until further notice. Logistically, the global crisis is preventing us from providing the launch experience our players deserve.” This of course just comes one week after Sony announced that while it did not anticipate any major delays, it would be keeping an eye on things just in case.

Naughty Dog has also released a statement regarding The Last of Us Part II, confirming that the studio is “nearly done with development” and is “in the midst of fixing final bugs”. Currently, there are no new release dates set for The Last of Us Part II or Iron Man VR, but we should hear more news on that soon, particularly if both games are in the final stages of development.

Looks like the Corona virus is slowing things down for game development in my opinion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Sony delays both The Last of Us Part II and Iron Man VR 2020/04/04 09:08:45 (permalink)
    Iron Man VR -- looks like a great VR experience possibility - shame it is now on hold indefinitely

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile