EVGA

AnsweredGTX 1070 Firmware patch notes?

Author
swedemayo
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/18 17:49:37 (permalink)
I have EVGA GTX 1070 GAMING ACX 3.0 (not black nor sc version), currently have the original firmware
I don't want the fan curve newest update, and there seems to be other update versions on the techpowerup website, however I can't see the standard gaming version I have and I'm also curious what the other versions patch notes are?
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: GTX 1070 Firmware patch notes? 2019/10/19 06:52:38 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby swedemayo 2019/10/19 10:34:40
There are no patch notes.  If you aren't experiencing any issues with your card, there is no need to pursue updating the BIOS.

Very rarely, there is a specific issue discovered and is addressed with a BIOS update.  When that happens, you would know.  All other BIOS revisions are usually to adjust for hardware changes during the product's manufacturing process.  From the time that a model starts being manufactured until the end when they stop manufacturing that product, there are often hardware revisions where component supply fluctuates and when one component can no longer be obtained and is replaced with another equivalent component.  When that happens for VRM components or memory, the BIOS is often revised to enable support for that alternate component.

Therefore, BIOS revisions are not updates and offer no benefits for you.  A true update would be easy to locate because it would be straight from EVGA and would be prominently located with a clear description of the issue which the update addresses.

Other than the fan curve update, there is no update for your video card.

Fan curve update (which you said that you do not want):
https://forums.evga.com/U...e-Update-m2573491.aspx

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile