EVGA

Blizzard cancels another StarCraft shooter to give more resources to Diablo 4 and a new Ov

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/06/09 01:38:49 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/blizzard-cancels-another-starcraft-shooter-to-give-more-resources-to-diablo-4-and-a-new-overwatch-game/

Many of you will remember when Blizzard was working on StarCraft Ghost, which would expand the franchise beyond RTS titles and into shooters. That game was cancelled back in 2006 but it turns out that a team at Blizzard had been working on a similar idea for the last couple of years. Until this week that is, as the new StarCraft shooter, codenamed ‘Ares’ has been cancelled. The upside to this is that more resources will now be allocated to Diablo 4 and a new Overwatch game.

Personally I'd like to see a new StarCraft ganme but Diablo 4 might also be good.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

cmaranhao
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 164
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Blizzard cancels another StarCraft shooter to give more resources to Diablo 4 and a ne 2019/06/13 17:34:39 (permalink)
    the first starcraft is one of my favorite games, really enjoyed playing it from the 3 different perspectives but my preferred were the humans, siege mode on the tanks was half step to total destruction. never played diablo though.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Blizzard cancels another StarCraft shooter to give more resources to Diablo 4 and a ne 2019/06/13 17:45:05 (permalink)
    I am glad. On paper it sounds good and Blizzard has a great track record but then I look at Warcraft. An MMO sounded really great for it back in 2003 when Warcraft 3 was a hit game I don’t think people would have ever wanted World of Warcraft if they knew it would end the RTS line of Warcraft games. Last thing I would want is to find out Starcraft is now just a FPS line of games.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile