EVGA

First RMA worries

Author
SpaceBoot
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/02/10 20:00:31 (permalink)
I have just shipped out my EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 for an RMA that I purchased brand new. I am terrified of the “refurbished” cards that are replacements for our products. I have been experiencing unexplainable FPS drops but otherwise my card was in mint condition. I keep seeing horror stories about people receiving defective cards etc. I am currently an enrolled college student and absolutely can not afford to be shipping defective products back and forth. I really really need some assurance that someone can watch out for my RMA that should be arriving late Tuesday, and that the replacement card will be working as good as new almost 100% guaranteed. I stream on twitch to help pay my tuition and apartment rent on top of a job and studying for school.

7 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: First RMA worries 2019/02/10 20:03:39 (permalink)
    This is a user based forum. Best bet is to send a direct message to support to voice your concerns, and hopefully they can assist you. You already have a ticket open, so you can keep direct contact through that, and hopefully they can keep you up to date.

As far as FPS drops, was that the only thing you were experiencing? Usually that would tend to be a game/driver issue unless you were having thermal issues with your GPU.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: First RMA worries 2019/02/10 20:04:35 (permalink)
    Unexplainable fps drops... you sure your cpu wasn't overheating?
    SpaceBoot
    Re: First RMA worries 2019/02/10 20:08:03 (permalink)
    I wasn’t expecting that quick of a response, and I apologize if this was placed under the wrong location. Please feel free to disband the thread after my reply. I have had these issues since I received my card the day I had purchased it. Never had issues like these in my few years of PC gaming, but would contemplate sending my card back for the down time associated with it and the horror stories I have heard with your companies replacements being completely defective. Of course this can not be reflective of all results and have heard over all positivity for your customer support with the terrible cases popping out more than they probably happen.
    SpaceBoot
    Re: First RMA worries 2019/02/10 20:12:20 (permalink)
    My CPU temperatures were more than ideal I had gone through extensive troubleshooting procedures, and benchmarks before finally deciding to go through with my RMA. The card will arrive Tuesday to your facility. I have a brand new 8700k that does not exceed 65ish degrees Celsius under load.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: First RMA worries 2019/02/10 20:31:08 (permalink)
    You posted in the correct section :-)

I was just letting you know that contacting EVGA directly may get you some better answers than we, the users, can give you.

Hopefully your RMA goes smooth. EVGA usually tries to keep the customer happy, so you usually only hear of the horror stories when 1 thing slips through the cracks, and they still try to make everyone happy when that happens.

Just do a good inspection of the card when you receive the replacement. Lots of testing and checking when you have time.
    SpaceBoot
    Re: First RMA worries 2019/02/10 20:45:03 (permalink)
    Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly tonight! I realize what you meant now about this is just a forum for users and not representative of EVGA directly. That was my mistake, and I did read your message about the name change! Should of seen that one coming... Either way thanks again! (:
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: First RMA worries 2019/02/11 08:40:58 (permalink)
    Absolutely! Also, the name has been updated and one of the EVGATechs is trying to contact you to verify that SpaceBoot works for you

:-)

Again, hopefully your RMA experience is good :-)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile