EVGA

Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. [SOLVED]

Author
usa423
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 180
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2019/02/05 11:06:40 (permalink)
{This is a weird situation where if I am using the HDMI to a tv I can't change anything on the app because I can't successfully reach the "apply" button. I can easily drag the whole app up and see the apply button but the moment I let the left mouse button go it snaps back into a spot where the lowest parts of the app can be clicked. I have tried different resolutions but the only thing that works it to hook a real monitor to the hdmi then change it then change the hdmi back to the TV.

Are you guys aware of this issue?
post edited by usa423 - 2019/02/05 14:10:20

10 Replies Related Threads

GGTV-Jon
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    • Ribbons : 19
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/05 11:45:31 (permalink)
    What resolution are you using and what TV / Monitor?
    What is your scaling set at?

usa423
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/05 11:53:39 (permalink)
    1920 x 1080 P @ 60 hz on the TV. Its a Sharp TV (non smart hub) with the HDMI fed to it. As far as I know there is no scaling, its just directly selecting 1920x1080 in the Nvidia panel. But now that you mention that I will check around and see if I can find any scaling options.
    EvoLunatic
    • Total Posts : 28
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/05 12:29:17 (permalink)
    usa423
    1920 x 1080 P @ 60 hz on the TV. Its a Sharp TV (non smart hub) with the HDMI fed to it. As far as I know there is no scaling, its just directly selecting 1920x1080 in the Nvidia panel. But now that you mention that I will check around and see if I can find any scaling options.

Could you check to see if the TV is set to fit? That could be it.
    usa423
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/05 12:50:12 (permalink)
    Ok I found some options in the Nvidia panel. In the following picture I tried every option on the tab and the snap back kept happening (but I did find a solution using the size tab).

Then I went to the size tab, and put a check in "Enable desktop resizing".

Now in the resize tab I just dragged the two sliders to the left a bit till I had about a 1/2 inch solid black border around the TV then I hit ok and applied it.

And then I was able to change the settings in the Nu-Audio control panel and hit apply to apply them. Then all I had to do was go back and uncheck "Enable desktop resizing" and got back my full resolution.

So then what is easier? whip out a monitor and plug an hdmi in? Or just do this? Think I will do this for the time being. Its a little frustrating but I imagine you guys will fix this in future drivers, whatever it is doing that. Just glad I found a fix for now.
    post edited by usa423 - 2019/02/05 12:55:29
    usa423
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/05 12:54:41 (permalink)
    EvoLunatic
    usa423

On the Tv remote there are several options for "view Mode" - dot by dot, zoom,s.stretch,stretch,I usually leave it on dot by dot because the other ones don't allow me to get the pure resolution from the pc.
    EvoLunatic
    • Total Posts : 28
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/05 13:04:10 (permalink)
    usa423
    EvoLunatic
    usa423

On the Tv remote there are several options for "view Mode" - dot by dot, zoom,s.stretch,stretch,I usually leave it on dot by dot because the other ones don't allow me to get the pure resolution from the pc.

I'm glad you found a workaround, but this is the first time I hear of this issue. Maybe someone at EVGA can shed some light on the matter.
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/07 13:32:39 (permalink)
    I wonder if this is an issue with app resizing if you have Scale and layout set to a high percentage.

Generally, all settings are dynamic, so you're not missing anything by not clicking apply.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I cannot recall any specific settings that need to be applied.
    usa423
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/07 16:20:52 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    I wonder if this is an issue with app resizing if you have Scale and layout set to a high percentage.

Generally, all settings are dynamic, so you're not missing anything by not clicking apply.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I cannot recall any specific settings that need to be applied.

Ok I just tried this and changed the sample rate in a game that only lets me do 32/196 but no sample rate higher or I get a weird distortion sound. You are right, the app seems to be dynamic for changing sample rates. Though I thought it wasn't that way. Was the driver before the current one like that also? Any chance you could tell me how to change buffer rates so I can get that game working at the full 384K with no distortion? Thanks for your help!
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/07 17:13:26 (permalink)
    The problem with buffer or sample rates and other applications is that the NU Audio card doesn't necessarily have an effect on whether the game will be stable at 384kHz, for example.  Remember, the replay chain goes from Windows -> NU Audio Card -> Headphones/Speakers.  The card can process up to 384kHz if that replay chain makes it to the card.  The issue is more that the application is not fully stable at a high sample rate, before it gets passed to the audio card. 

Games are generally designed to run at DVD quality audio (i.e. 16-bit, 48,000Hz) by the developer, so it's possible that the application is not designed to run well at a much higher rate.  Obviously, we hope that game developers improve the audio quality of the score, effects, and dialogue in the future, but sadly that's not the case today.  More likely, getting a game to run at 384kHz is more of a case-by-case basis.  I'd try 24-bit 384kHz first, but if the best you can do is 24- or 32-bit, 192kHz, then that's probably the max that the application supports.
    usa423
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Trouble positioning the software to hit "apply" button when using HDMI tv output. 2019/02/07 17:28:13 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    The problem with buffer or sample rates and other applications is that the NU Audio card doesn't necessarily have an effect on whether the game will be stable at 384kHz, for example.  Remember, the replay chain goes from Windows -> NU Audio Card -> Headphones/Speakers.  The card can process up to 384kHz if that replay chain makes it to the card.  The issue is more that the application is not fully stable at a high sample rate, before it gets passed to the audio card. 

Games are generally designed to run at DVD quality audio (i.e. 16-bit, 48,000Hz) by the developer, so it's possible that the application is not designed to run well at a much higher rate.  Obviously, we hope that game developers improve the audio quality of the score, effects, and dialogue in the future, but sadly that's not the case today.  More likely, getting a game to run at 384kHz is more of a case-by-case basis.  I'd try 24-bit 384kHz first, but if the best you can do is 24- or 32-bit, 192kHz, then that's probably the max that the application supports.

Ok thanks, I will keep that in mind.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile