EVGA

CLC 240 AM4 Mounting Bracket

Author
tucmox69
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2018/11/26 14:24:35 (permalink)
Ok, don't want to whine but, here goes. Just finished my 5th gaming build so I think I pretty much know what I'm doin'. Last item to install was the water cooler and watched a ton of vids and read a whole lot of posts about the different brands and decided on a CLC 240. Long story short, the cooler is in my rig and it's really cooling my Ryzen 5 2600x nicely. Short story long is the TOTAL LACK of install support from the included manual. What a joke! But that's not the reason for this post. If you are planning on buying one of these units, I would suggest you have someone with you when you attempt to remove the Intel mounting ring to replace it with the AMD ring. I'm not stoopid and I'm not a wimp. But there is NO WAY I could get that frickin' ring off by myself. Bloodied my thumbs, punched the cat, and just about threw the whole thing out the window before I went to youtube where in the comment section I saw how many other peeps had the same problem. I love the EVGA vids where they show some dude just turning the ring with one hand and removing it. NOT! It took my 22 yr old son and I with 4 hands wrapped around that sucker to even budge it. Hey! EVGA! are you listening? At least let us know how difficult it can be to budge that stupid ring. And, no mention of it on the EVGA website. Don't let this stop you from buying one of these coolers. The software is dope and the unit really cools well. And, for those of you who had no problem removing the torture ring, good for you....you got a loose one. 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile