EVGA

1080ti freezing/crash issue with Destiny 2 "Brocolli error"

Author
BeaverSneaky
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/11/18 13:47:02 (permalink)
Hi, to start i'm fairly new to the whole graphics card world and PC optimization and such but i will try to explain as best i can.

Recently there was a string of patches (windows update, nvidia update etc) so i can't pinpoint exactly when this started happening other than recently within the last few weeks.

During play on destiny 2 and seemingly only then i constantly get "broccolli" error codes that immediately crash the game. It's not the typical in game error code you get, either. It seems to suggest a graphics issue when i look up the code on the bungie help site but that's literally all i can find from searches. I've been playing since launch (oct 2017) and have never ran into this issue prior to recently.

Just to give some info i'm running on

i7 7700k
1080ti
16GB RAM
In game settings i typically run on uncapped fps and high res settings but as mentioned, never had issues prior to recently.

I've tried putting nvidia control panel debug mode on but that hasn't stopped the error codes from happening.

When looking at event viewer > windows logs > system it does show a warning 4101 "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" not sure if that helps this at all.

Hoping someone knows a common fix, thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

BennyM
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 78
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 1080ti freezing/crash issue with Destiny 2 "Brocolli error" 2018/11/20 12:39:00 (permalink)
    Hello.

Sorry to hear about your graphics card I will send you an email directly so we can check on trouble shooting and we can go from there 
    elenastephen88
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 1080ti freezing/crash issue with Destiny 2 "Brocolli error" 2019/08/26 05:01:52 (permalink)
    Execution of too many apps like browser windows, email messages, video players, or game apps can generate the issue. So disable the apps running in the background, also disable vsync and play in Windowed mode. Check if you have installed Precision X software the uninstall it.

Also uninstalling the GPU driver works for many to fix the destiny 2 freezing issue.
    Source:

http://www.pcerror-fix.com/fix-destiny-2-problems

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile