EVGA

Bugs/Features/Feedback/Suggestions for XOC from a new user

Author
Darkness1015
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/11/14 09:40:49 (permalink)
I really like XOC, but as a new user of it I see some major gaps. Please do not take this pure criticizm as I am trying to give honest feedback to improve the app. I look at the overall value of a product as the HW and SW performance.

#1 - Multi-user support. Me and my son have accounts on the PC. We want different LED colors, OSD settings, etc, applied when we login to our respective accounts. XOC does not handle this well at all. LEDSync will only support one color setting, if any user changes that it changes for all users. The task scheduler jobs that are setup to start XOC/Server do not work well with multiple users. The account used by the tasks seems to flip/flop back and forth between user accounts and that causes inconsistent startup for multiple users. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. In today's world with multiple people using a single PC, this really should be accounted for.

A suggestion would be to save the settings for LEDSync/XOC/Server in one of the users windows/profile folders, that way you can save multiple settings/etc as only 1 user would be logged in at a time. Ideally LEDSync would be incorporated into XOC instead of a separate process.

#2 - Precision X Server - There are not enough customization in this software for the OSD display. I am not 100% sure if RivaTuner is MSI specific, a different company or opensource. But why "recreate the wheel" when you can use an already mature and feature rich statistics/OSD software.

#3 - Minimize on close. Maybe there is a setting in XOC cfg files, I have not done a detailed search, but I'm sure alot of people (including me) hit X/close on the app when done changing a setting or monitoring. This closes the app, which stops everything. It would be great for it not to close, but to minimize to systray. Almost all other related apps (HWInfo/Afterburner/etc) have a setting for this.

2 Replies Related Threads

squall-leonhart
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2904
    • Ribbons : 24
    Re: Bugs/Features/Feedback/Suggestions for XOC from a new user 2018/11/14 11:02:27 (permalink)
    XOC is not receiving any further enhancements.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
    Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
    Monitor:BenQ G2400WD, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
    HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
    Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
    Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme
    Darkness1015
    • Total Posts : 4
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Bugs/Features/Feedback/Suggestions for XOC from a new user 2018/11/14 13:27:45 (permalink)
    I assume thats because Precision One is coming ? If so can this feedback go to that team ?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile