Precision X causes system wide audio stuttering

Author
cloiselle1
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 334
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/05/24 07:46:37 (permalink)
having any of the last 3 releases of precision x actively open on my system causes system wide audio stuttering in any application or browser

I have continious and random audio stuttering in Tidal, Spotify, Itunes, Microsoft Edge and Google chrome, all up to date

I am using windows 10 1803.
Asus Z270G ( Bios 1208 )
16g Ram
Evga GTX 1080ti SC Black, 
Latest nvidia drivers.

I am using toslink optical out to a schiit modi uber stack into a jbl monitoring system, 
this has never happened before the past 2 precision x releases and never happened before the past few nvidia drivers. 

i NEVER have audio stuttering in game either, with precision x open or closed if that helps....

I've tried all stock bios settings / gpu settings etc or overclocked, it happened on both the last updated version of windows 10 1709 AS WELL as curret 1803 build up to date. 

I have no other issues with stability, latency or anything else on my otherwise flawless system

this stuttering and random stuttering of audio ONLY happens when precision x is open and active, if I close it and restart any of those previously mentioned applications there is NO stuttering at all.

What's going on ? 
post edited by cloiselle1 - 2018/05/24 07:50:37

5 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Precision X causes system wide audio stuttering 2018/05/24 10:32:57 (permalink)
    If your system is running normally you shouldn't be playing your games with monitoring apps running.
    sulu_cwru
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Precision X causes system wide audio stuttering 2018/05/25 21:46:28 (permalink)
    cloiselle1
    having any of the last 3 releases of precision x actively open on my system causes system wide audio stuttering in any application or browser

I have continious and random audio stuttering in Tidal, Spotify, Itunes, Microsoft Edge and Google chrome, all up to date

I am using windows 10 1803.
    Asus Z270G ( Bios 1208 )
    16g Ram
    Evga GTX 1080ti SC Black, 
    Latest nvidia drivers.

I am using toslink optical out to a schiit modi uber stack into a jbl monitoring system, 
    this has never happened before the past 2 precision x releases and never happened before the past few nvidia drivers. 

i NEVER have audio stuttering in game either, with precision x open or closed if that helps....

I've tried all stock bios settings / gpu settings etc or overclocked, it happened on both the last updated version of windows 10 1709 AS WELL as curret 1803 build up to date. 

I have no other issues with stability, latency or anything else on my otherwise flawless system

this stuttering and random stuttering of audio ONLY happens when precision x is open and active, if I close it and restart any of those previously mentioned applications there is NO stuttering at all.

What's going on ? 

I have this problem!!!! I am going to re-install with a new version, my previous one is 6.2.3
    ipkha
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2308
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Precision X causes system wide audio stuttering 2018/05/26 14:29:53 (permalink)
    Did you install the hd audio driver included with the Nvidia driver? I always remove that option along with the 3d vision crud. That could be causing your problem.

sulu_cwru
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Precision X causes system wide audio stuttering 2018/05/27 20:28:08 (permalink)
    ipkha
    Did you install the hd audio driver included with the Nvidia driver? I always remove that option along with the 3d vision crud. That could be causing your problem.

I did not install this audio driver, and every time when I change fan curve profile, the system has audio stuttering issue.
    Cordorb
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 636
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Precision X causes system wide audio stuttering 2018/05/30 20:16:27 (permalink)
    I have never see that and I have tried many of the different version of XOC  (generally never install the NVIDIA sound file )
    BUT in another post, one person was talking about a keyboard type lag that changed if he used different update rate settings in  the fan speed up date rate.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile