"Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2018/02/21 22:41:33 (permalink)
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/kingdom-come-deliverance-has-sold-one-million-copies-45-coming-from-the-pc/

Selling one million games in a week's time is very impressive. 45 percent of those sales were via PC (Steam). There is also a new patch for the game to fix some console issues. In my personal opinion this is a big triumph for the development studio because in such a short time all the costs for development and marketing have already been recouped. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

11 Replies Related Threads

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/02/22 12:46:44 (permalink)
    I heard the game really isn’t that great.
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/02/22 12:57:25 (permalink)
    chrisdglong

It's if Skyrim and Witcher 3 had a baby that had bad pathing and really annoying lockpicking mechanics. That being said, I'll probably put in 100+ hours into it before done.
    EtherCore
    • Total Posts : 82
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/02/23 09:48:29 (permalink)
    I'd figure Monster Hunter World had already garnered that title.
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/02/23 21:30:13 (permalink)
    chrisdglong

Who said that?

This is a proper proper. It's basically the antithesis of The Witcher 3 in every way and makes for a far better RPG game experience. I mean you actually have to practice and learn things in order to accomplish tasks. It's not a go to this quest marker and slay all the bad dudes by rolling around on the ground endlessly while shooting fireballs. SJW scum were trying to destroy this developer because that's what they do and thankfully it didn't work. 

harmattan
    • Total Posts : 82
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/02/26 14:04:58 (permalink)
    Really interested in the game but heard the mechanics are really cludgy. Kind of refreshing to see an historical medieval RPG that doesn't have dragons.
    JcGamezz
    • Total Posts : 51
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/03/04 14:24:27 (permalink)
    The mechanics are somewhat dodgy, but even the hard things like lockpicking get better over time and I think everything is exceptionally fun
    spyderrico
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 371
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/03/04 15:18:16 (permalink)
    I had this in my cart to purchase but backed out at the last minute.

One of the negative things I’ve read is the save system. Has that been addressed through updates?

Any additional insight on the fun factor with this game?
    zentype
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 110
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/03/06 12:01:26 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    chrisdglong

Who said that?

This is a proper proper. It's basically the antithesis of The Witcher 3 in every way and makes for a far better RPG game experience. I mean you actually have to practice and learn things in order to accomplish tasks. It's not a go to this quest marker and slay all the bad dudes by rolling around on the ground endlessly while shooting fireballs. SJW scum were trying to destroy this developer because that's what they do and thankfully it didn't work. 

Thanks for the link, will definitely watch when I'm on break as this game caught my eye (way too many games to check out)

When you say SJW trying to destroy this developer, do you have more details? Or is this info in the video?... Personally I feel they ruin everything but that's for another thread.
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/03/06 15:16:37 (permalink)
    zentype
    fearpoint
    chrisdglong

Who said that?

Thanks for the link, will definitely watch when I'm on break as this game caught my eye (way too many games to check out)

When you say SJW trying to destroy this developer, do you have more details? Or is this info in the video?... Personally I feel they ruin everything but that's for another thread.

It's been all over the internet by the usual corrupt game media sources. They actually hate the CEO, the game, and it's entire premise.
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/03/06 17:00:34 (permalink)
    KCD is a bad game not because of what the stupid SJWs think, but rather that ending. Have you guys actually played beyond the ending credits? Where is the quality control? A wall of dialogue and then you have to follow some horses for 15 minutes. It's like they ran out of money on the game or something at that time. Character logic in this game is stupid. After you complete quests with main NPCs they forget who you are. The pathing of everything in this game is total garbage. Steal everything and this game is easy mode. I had fun exploring open world and non-linear content, but the game has serious flaws. I'd rate it a 6/10.
    zentype
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 110
    Re: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" Year's First Gaming Blockbuster, Sells a Million 2018/03/06 20:35:21 (permalink)
    Added to my wishlist for the inevitable sale long months from now. Maybe by then many patches will have plugged the holes.

And yeah the SJW craziness is real for this game. Been out of the loop for a while but I caught up and I'm going to support this game almost because of how badly they hate it.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile