EVGA

1070 FTW keyboard lag at boot somewhat hacky solution Win 10

Author
ee11vv22gg33aa44
  • Total Posts : 54
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2018/02/19 13:47:41 (permalink)
Howdy fellas. Like a lot of you, I have been annoyed by the keyboard lag at boot when Precision XOC is starting up. This has been a problem for a long time now, and EVGA has yet to fix it so I tried a few things out and this seems to improve the situation, with one caveat.

I will presume firstly you have Precision XOC set to startup with windows but you are getting keyboard lag at boot.

Go into the windows task scheduler and find the EVGAPrecisionX task, double click on it.

Make these changes-
Under general, change it from "Run only when user is logged on" to "Run whether user is logged on or not".
Under triggers, click edit and change it from "At log on" to "At startup".

This will get Precision XOC running on boot (here's the caveat!) without being in the windows systray (it will show up in task manager) but it also eliminates the keyboard lag at boot for me at least! I can confirm that the fan curves work this way, if you want to make changes you can close EVGA Precision XOC in the task manager and run it manually, as far as I can tell they will carry over fine when the computer boots next time. Obviously, this does not allow for on the fly switching but I am not interested in that anyhow. Pity EVGA has continued to sit this one out, this extremely annoying bug really should have been fixed long ago. Let me know how you get on, or better yet, tell me what works better!

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 1070 FTW keyboard lag at boot somewhat hacky solution Win 10 2018/02/19 14:38:52 (permalink)
    Moving thread to evga software subsection.
    brian91292
    • Total Posts : 34
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 1070 FTW keyboard lag at boot somewhat hacky solution Win 10 2018/02/19 14:45:57 (permalink)
    I always wondered what caused that insanely annoying keyboard lag... thanks for posting this information. Sad EVGA doesn't care about QC at all when it comes to their trash software that you are forced to use if you want to control the fans.
    cparkervt
    • Total Posts : 11
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 1070 FTW keyboard lag at boot somewhat hacky solution Win 10 2018/02/20 07:11:46 (permalink)
    This, combined with it crashing randomly and requiring a reboot on my system is why I uninstalled it. I have a 970, and make use of nothing other than light OC'ing and fan profiles. Sadly MSI Afterburner seems to be more suitable for my needs (seeing as it doesn't crash on me)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile