RMA rejected, what are my options?

Author
greg1184
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/02/07 20:26:08 (permalink)
Hello all,

For starters, I have been a purchaser of EVGA products for many years. I have purchased a GTX 570, 670x2, 980Ti and 1080 over the years. I have participated in the step up program among other services. And for the record,  I hold EVGA to the highest regard for service and warranty (and still do).

I was having intermittant problems with my 1080 so I decided to RMA it. Did advanced RMA to my ACX 3.0 card and they approved it and sent me a Superclocked model, which was awesome. Last week I sent my original card back.

Today, I receive an e-mail saying that my RMA was rejected because of perceived water damage/corrosion. I have always used a backplate with my card and never had the PCB of the card exposed to the water or the element

Unfortunately I did not take pictures of the card prior to sending it back, something that I will never make the mistake of again.

It is difficult to see closely with pure pictures, I will probably want to get a close look when I get it back at it to see what it is. Maybe it is something cosmetic that I can clean off. Assuming it is, what are my options? Can I get a second "opinion"?

Worst case scenerio: How much do they charge for an RMA replacement to keep it? The RMA is an excellent card actually. With the card market as it is it may benefit me to just buy out the RMA if push comes to shove.

Again I know they are doing their jobs, I am just looking at my options right now.

Thank you very much.

post edited by greg1184 - 2018/02/08 19:32:00

5 Replies Related Threads

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: RMA rejected, what are my options? 2018/02/11 22:42:32 (permalink)
    Hello,

I see you have already been contacted by a supervisor regarding this. Please respond to the email you have already received to continue further discussion.

Everything is security. 
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: RMA rejected, what are my options? 2018/02/15 23:15:19 (permalink)
    I'd have filed a insurance claim on the package if it showed up with supposed water damage then.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RMA rejected, what are my options? 2018/02/16 00:35:44 (permalink)
    Hopefully he responded to the email. Would be nice to know what happened with this.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

greg1184
    • Total Posts : 13
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RMA rejected, what are my options? 2018/02/16 21:51:56 (permalink)
    I am currently waiting for them to send the card back. They told me they will send a tracking number as soon as its shipped. Once I receive it I will take a close look at it and see what happened. Then I will decide if I will keep and pay for the replacement card or talk to someone about the RMAed card.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: RMA rejected, what are my options? 2018/02/21 21:53:20 (permalink)
    greg1184
    I am currently waiting for them to send the card back. They told me they will send a tracking number as soon as its shipped. Once I receive it I will take a close look at it and see what happened. Then I will decide if I will keep and pay for the replacement card or talk to someone about the RMAed card.

Let us know what you decided, out of curiosity.     =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile