Helpful Reply7700k & 1080ti on single loop

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
rlb9682
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1049
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: 7700k & 1080ti on single loop 2017/11/09 09:37:30 (permalink)
spitfire5792
Well fixing the fans helped but I had to order another rad. The heat load was too much for my single 360. Water temps would keep climbing slowly no matter what. Unless the load was close to idle it would always keep climbing up and up.

I think you'll be very happy with the temps adding another rad to the loop. Please update when you get that added in there. 

Affiliate Code: PD1HHD50JK

spitfire5792
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 836
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 7700k & 1080ti on single loop 2017/11/10 04:57:33 (permalink)
New rad has been added, loop was redone and leak tested. I definitely still have some air in the loop but my temps are way better. At idle my CPU was at 25-26. Under load from realbench it never went over 59°C. The ∆t was around 9-10°C.

So I think now I have my headroom for overclocking, and if I bleed my loop more I should in theory see even better temps.

One unfortunate piece is I'm using a Silverstone fan hub to control all my 3 pin fans. For some reason my mobo can't read the fan rpm anymore, I'm guessing due to the fan hub.

Hub has it's own sata power connector and a 4 pin to plug into a mobo header. My guess is the fans are just all on max.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: 7700k & 1080ti on single loop 2017/11/11 08:30:26 (permalink)
Rads are the hardest to clean.  They could still be caked plasticizer and for a long time.  I would just scrap the old rad and keep with the new unless you're definite that it is cleaned and not spreading plasticizer to the rest of the loop.

I will echo what some have already said.

- Loop order doesn't matter.  Res before pump is the most important and just cleaning up your route.  If you're looking for a 1-2 temp difference, maybe going to the CPU first and than the GPU since CPU's are the most sensitive.  
- Don't use Silver coils or silver based biocide since it can or will conflict with EK's nickel blocks.  EK has been warning about this.  You should still use a biocide as growth can happen to anyone and its not pretty.
- Use clear premixed fluids from reputed companies.  I personally use Clear DP Ultra from Aquacomputer and has worked great.
- Only use PrimoChill Advanced LRT since it is plasticize-free.  The older models can be plasticized so I would just scrape the old "Pro" model you have there.
- Keep an eye on the loop for deterioration for the next several weeks as it will slowing bleed itself out.  Might need a refill here and there.

Last but not least, show us some pics of the rig. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile