EVGA

Gridcoin wallet keeps silently closing

Author
Hughesy26
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/09/13 06:18:13 (permalink)
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

I've seen somwhere on reddit that a potential fix might be to limit max connections to 10 but I don't know how to do this 

5 Replies Related Threads

QuintLeo
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 946
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Gridcoin wallet keeps silently closing 2017/09/16 02:56:36 (permalink)
    Are you on the current version 3.6.1?

Several of the 3.5.x versions had some bad stability issues.

Now that vorsholk has stopped his abuse, I'm returning to folding.
     I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

Hughesy26
    Re: Gridcoin wallet keeps silently closing 2017/09/17 11:08:24 (permalink)
    Ah, good spot. I was running 3.5.x

Upgraded and seems to be stable so far. However, it seems to have rolled back my activity to 31/08, so I can't see any transactions after that. I don't really get it as it has apparently already synced so I'm not sure what happened to those transactions! 

QuintLeo
    SSC Member
    Re: Gridcoin wallet keeps silently closing 2017/09/17 12:59:46 (permalink)
    Forks. Forks. More forks.

As I recall the Gridcoin blockchain estimated to have been split 5 ways at one point, due to issues with the superblock generation.

I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

Hughesy26
    Re: Gridcoin wallet keeps silently closing 2017/09/18 10:44:30 (permalink)
    Sounds like a mess!

Looking through my transaction history the last time I apparently received any PoR reward was 27/07. TBH I only use boinc on some spare CPU only computers and the GRC is typically only worth pennies anyway, so I shouldn't really care but for some reason it bugs me it doesn't work as you would expect!

QuintLeo
    SSC Member
    Re: Gridcoin wallet keeps silently closing 2017/09/29 18:32:11 (permalink)
    They changed the "stake weight" sometime in the last month or so to NOT count your research maginitude as part of the stake weight.
     Totally LAME decision that I've been trying to explain to them is TOTALLY AGAINST the whole concept of what Gridcoin is for to no avail.

Basically, you need to keep ballpark 1000-1500 GRC on hand in your wallet any more to stake reliably at least once a month (rough estimate).

Which is bloody STUPID for most of your smaller contributors, and is way too close to MY Gridcoin income per month as one of their top 20 magnitude researchers.

What really blows about this change is that it was never ANNOUNCED anywhere when it happened, there was no debate on it, and every complaint about it has been met with a stone wall of silence from the bloody devs.

I only found out because a bitcoin.talk USER replied after 2+ weeks of my asking WHY I'm not seeing stakes with information about the change that was apparently ONLY discussed in some chat channel somewhere, and THAT as a brief mention.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile