EVGA

what are some good overclock setting for this rig. thought maybe someone had similar

Author
nschauf
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/07/19 01:49:27 (permalink)
i7 6700k 4.00ghz
2 x EVGA FTW 1070i
32 gb gskill ram 2133
asus maximus her0 III
corsair liquid cooler h50

looking for a good voltage for cpu and ram and good over clock also looking for good setting for overclocking my graphics card. ie mem  clock , power target clock, gpu offset voltage temp target.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks A lot Guys!

post edited by nschauf - 2017/07/19 01:53:16

Attached Image(s)

4 Replies Related Threads

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: what are some good overclock setting for this rig. thought maybe someone had similar 2017/07/19 06:54:27 (permalink)
    You can't really use other people's settings and voltages as each chip will OC differently.  The best thing to do if you want to do any OC'ing is to educate yourself a little about it.  Below are a couple guides for your CPU.  One is text, the other a video.  A search will show you several others.  Good luck & have fun...

http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/7481/tweaktowns-ultimate-intel-skylake-overclocking-guide/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIweExETlI

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: what are some good overclock setting for this rig. thought maybe someone had similar 2017/07/19 07:46:09 (permalink)
    No two computers are the same - you'll have to find out what works for your PC.

The 1070s will likely OC somewhere between 1950MHz and 2150MHz (possibly less since you have two cards in SLI which create a lot more heat) on the GPU core and anywhere from +250 to +500 on the VRAM, your 6700K might hit 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (you probably shouldn't go over 1.4V), and your RAM is up in the air as to what you can OC it to - I'd wait to OC it until after everything else is stable since it can be anywhere from not liking anything over stock 2133MHz to 3200MHz or better if you get lucky (but it also has the smallest effect on game FPS and benchmark scores compared to the rest).

Oh, and for the GPU - don't touch the voltage because Pascal likes it cold for high clocks, and adding voltage adds heat and instability where Pascal would have automatically adjusted settings as needed. Set power target to max and as priority over temp target. Once you find your max OC, add +25, +50, +75, and +100% and see if it helps - on air it likely will only hurt.

And as always, Google is your friend.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: what are some good overclock setting for this rig. thought maybe someone had similar 2017/07/19 09:59:25 (permalink)
    bdary
    You can't really use other people's settings and voltages as each chip will OC differently.  The best thing to do if you want to do any OC'ing is to educate yourself a little about it.  Below are a couple guides for your CPU.  One is text, the other a video.  A search will show you several others.  Good luck & have fun...

http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/7481/tweaktowns-ultimate-intel-skylake-overclocking-guide/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIweExETlI

+1

Your system has its own limits. - every chip can be different, that is why we say "silicon lottery"

Power quality and temperature of the room also come into play.

RAM Voltage - I like to set it manually in BIOS to Mfg spec

Google "asus maximus her0 III & i7 6700k & OC guide"

First result ---> Guide: Overclocking Core i7-6700K to 4.6GHz on the Maximus VIII Extreme

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Zeyan_
    • Total Posts : 100
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: what are some good overclock setting for this rig. thought maybe someone had similar 2017/07/29 01:26:41 (permalink)
    Depends on the cpu's overclockability
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile