Helpful ReplyComputer Industry News requirements

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/02 09:27:10 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Is it Just Time to Close Down The General EVGA Forum and Delete the Computer Industry News Section and The General Discussion Sectionand Then Rename The EVGA Forum to the EVGA Support Forum.
At least this way the complaining and whining can stop and not more who is on First or who is Not and so on.

Now if i posted offtopic in your thread, you would be complaining or running to mods to delete my comment. pot meet kettle.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/02 14:36:39 (permalink)
MSim
bcavnaugh
Is it Just Time to Close Down The General EVGA Forum and Delete the Computer Industry News Section and The General Discussion Sectionand Then Rename The EVGA Forum to the EVGA Support Forum.
At least this way the complaining and whining can stop and not more who is on First or who is Not and so on.

Now if i posted offtopic in your thread, you would be complaining or running to mods to delete my comment. pot meet kettle.

You are welcome for the Affiliate Reward by the way.
Also my Post is on Topic although this Thread may be in the wrong location on the Forum.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/04/02 14:38:09

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/03 03:08:19 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
You are welcome for the Affiliate Reward by the way.
Also my Post is on Topic although this Thread may be in the wrong location on the Forum.

I was shocked by that, i was like i thought he doesn't like me. I shall return the favor one day, and i will laugh if you win too. 

Don't know what the heck i would do with a 600B PSU if i won one. I have a brand new 800w gold and a used 650w silver collecting dust.

EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 2033
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/03 16:29:16 (permalink)
Thank you everyone for you patience while we reviewed these guidelines.  The guidelines were update.

http://forums.evga.com/Computer-Industry-News-Posting-Guidelines-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-m2618826.aspx

MSim
Can we get some clarification on the requirements please.

http://forums.evga.com/Computer-Industry-News-Posting-Guidelines-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-m2618826.aspx

The purpose of this section is to inform and encourage discussion about news; not simply linking anything related to the computer industry.

How can members judge if another member (mods included) are linking anything related or not. It looks like some members are posting anything related they can find. 

We encourage users to post whatever computer industry news they find interesting. However, do not chain post articles from the same website

How many articles from the same website per day would fall under chain posting articles? Is it 3 articles or more?

I don't believe leaving it up to the moderators to decide is the right way to handle it. That allows them to play favorites, instead of treating everyone the same way.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 08:47:18 (permalink)

We also ask that users try to avoid posting more than 10 articles from one source site during a single day, so please try to diversify your sources.

What's the point of making that rule/requirement, if your going to raise it from 3 or more to now 10 in the same day.  You guys really took members feedback under consideration on that.

People had an issue with members posting 6-8+ articles a day from the same website. You make a requirement about chain linking, moderators say 3 or more articles from the same website is considered chain linking. Now you raise it to 10 articles from a website per day.  

Good Job evga, you have destroyed the one good thing from the old requirements for that section. 

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 14:27:44 (permalink)
MSim

We also ask that users try to avoid posting more than 10 articles from one source site during a single day, so please try to diversify your sources.

What's the point of making that rule/requirement, if your going to raise it from 3 or more to now 10 in the same day.  You guys really took members feedback under consideration on that.

People had an issue with members posting 6-8+ articles a day from the same website. You make a requirement about chain linking, moderators say 3 or more articles from the same website is considered chain linking. Now you raise it to 10 articles from a website per day.  

Good Job evga, you have destroyed the one good thing from the old requirements for that section. 

Well, Sim, you were the one who pushed for a clarification on the rules, after all.  Now you have a number.  I'm sure all members will thank you for your tireless efforts on their behalf.  However, sometimes you should be careful what you wish for.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 14:30:58 (permalink)
Sweet....we have a number! Thanks MSim for your efforts and thank you EVGA for following through on changes having heard the voice of the people!

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 14:35:16 (permalink)
I can't be the only one that's wondering who came up with the update.

You want members to diversify sources, but you raise the amount of articles from ONE website to TEN per day.  It makes me wonder did anyone actually think that through.

Why not keep it simple like this below.

Members are allowed to post up to 3 news stories/articles per day, only exceptions are if it's a news story/article about safety recall or warning. 
1) that would get members to focus on articles they find the most interesting (not just anything related to Computer Industry)
2) We wouldn't have to worry about any member posting 6+ articles from the same tech website a day
3) It would give other members chance to make a news topic

Require members to post a quote from the article.
1) That will help to promote a discussion and not look like an advertisement for x tech website
2) If any tech website is dumb enough to threaten evga or a member over a quote from an article being posted, just blacklist that website from being used in that section (problem solved).

That seems pretty reasonable in my book.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 14:45:41 (permalink)
NordicJedi

Well, Sim, you were the one who pushed for a clarification on the rules, after all.  Now you have a number.  I'm sure all members will thank you for your tireless efforts on their behalf.  However, sometimes you should be careful what you wish for.

Such a great job evga did listening to the community, that's if they want to kill off the forums like they have done the gaming community.  

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 14:50:53 (permalink)
MSim
NordicJedi

Such a great job evga did listening to the community, that's if they want to kill off the forums like they have done the gaming community.  

Yes, from what I've been told, EVGA listened to the community, and also used some analytics to determine the number.  It was not a random decision.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 14:56:19 (permalink)
NordicJedi
MSim
NordicJedi

Yes, from what I've been told, EVGA listened to the community, and also used some analytics to determine the number.  It was not a random decision.

The old number was 3 according to moderators.  What member had problems with is seeing 6-8 articles from the same website. so no they didn't listen to the community, they just raised it to despise a member. 

Why even have a 10 limit, unless you just want to have a pointless requirement to make it look like evga is listening. No one has posted 10 articles from the same website that i can recall.

post edited by MSim - 2017/04/04 14:57:28

ARCTIC_EAGLE
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5257
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 16:47:07 (permalink)
so at the end of the day rjohnson can continue his never ending spam? Good stuff
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 17:03:42 (permalink)
ARCTIC_EAGLE

so at the end of the day rjohnson can continue his never ending spam? Good stuff

Close the EGC section
Admin completely ignoring personnel attacks
EVGA admin "t-baggin" other players
EVGA admins, again, ignoring the rules and abusing players

Not a single Thread have you Created in the Computer Industry News Area and not once in this Thread?
Why are you so upset with what someone else posts here on the forum and not really an active member?

They are only Questions to you and nothing more.

I am glad for what rjohnson11 Creates under the Computer Industry News Area, it save me time going to all the different websites.
Thank you rjohnson11
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/04/04 17:06:38

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 17:05:42 (permalink)
Anyone dare to bring up concerns about seeing so many articles from the same tech website. What does evga do about it, for a month they set a secret 3 limit rule, but wouldn't dare add that to the requirement to inform members what is considered chain linking. When a member ask them do, what do they do, they instead raise it to 10 articles from the same website per day, making that a POINTLESS rule/requirement to address members concerns.

EVGA analytics to determine the number =  add 3 to the max number of articles anyone has posted in one day in the past year. We now have a useless requirement for the community.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 17:09:51 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
ARCTIC_EAGLE

Close the EGC section

Not a single Thread have you Created in the Computer Industry News Area and not once in this Thread?
Why are you so upset with what someone else posts here on the forum and not really an active member?

Yet you care about the post arctic makes....

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 17:56:25 (permalink)
MSim
bcavnaugh
ARCTIC_EAGLE

Close the EGC section

Yet you care about the post arctic makes....

I care about yours as well, although I do not care for most of them being they are almost always Negative in Nature.
But I still care.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102323
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/04 22:34:19 (permalink)
MSim
Anyone dare to bring up concerns about seeing so many articles from the same tech website. What does evga do about it, for a month they set a secret 3 limit rule, but wouldn't dare add that to the requirement to inform members what is considered chain linking. When a member ask them do, what do they do, they instead raise it to 10 articles from the same website per day, making that a POINTLESS rule/requirement to address members concerns.

EVGA analytics to determine the number =  add 3 to the max number of articles anyone has posted in one day in the past year. We now have a useless requirement for the community.

Obviously you haven't been keeping up with the Computer News section lately at all. Because if you were you'd noticed there has been a lot of diversification in the last 2 months or so with news articles coming from various sources and not just one. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/05 04:37:02 (permalink)
rjohnson11
Obviously you haven't been keeping up with the Computer News section lately at all. Because if you were you'd noticed there has been a lot of diversification in the last 2 months or so with news articles coming from various sources and not just one. 

I have, but whats stopping any member from flooding the section with 6-8 articles from the same tech website again each day, you know the thing members had an issue about in the first place. Only updating members wanted was for them post the secret 3 limit rule that moderators were telling member.  The one good requirement evga added, they raised it to despise one member. The laugh is on evga, it's evga forums that will continue to go downhill.  

Is any moderator going to enforce the other new requirement in that section?

Computer Industry News posts cannot be a short comment with a link to a news article.  The post MUST include your thoughts on the article/subject as well as summarizing the article posted. It is not sufficient to quote part or portions of an article in lieu of this requirement.

Members find news article so interesting, yet they can barely post one original sentence about it.  Me personally, i would take seeing quote from the article over original comment about it.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/05 10:25:12 (permalink)
I think this thread has run it's course. There was an issue brought forth by a member. EVGA looked at the issue. EVGA addressed the issue by updating the requirements so we have a clear understanding of what is and is not allowed. We can all move on now.
post edited by pcmaster00 - 2017/04/05 10:45:29

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/05 10:30:55 (permalink)
kaninja
I think this thread has run it's course. There was an issue brought forth by a member. EVGA looked at the issue. EVGA addressed the issue by updating the requirements so we have a clear understanding of what is and is not allowed. We can all move on now.

They didn't address the issue, they just made it worse, just to despise a member. 

EVGA doesn't even make sure it's own moderators are following the new requirements, i already see it being broken by moderators.  

post edited by pcmaster00 - 2017/04/05 10:45:52

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/05 11:19:13 (permalink)
Seriously? They deleted my Frog statement because it contained the word "ass"? A quick search shows over 200 recent uses of the word with no edits by mods......some mods even used the word......even the swear filter doesn't block it......for a reason I assume.

Itchy trigger fingers.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102323
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/05 11:25:18 (permalink)
MSim
kaninja

They didn't address the issue, they just made it worse, just to despise a member. 

EVGA doesn't even make sure it's own moderators are following the new requirements, i already see it being broken by moderators.  

Everyone is following the new requirements to include moderators. If you see a news article that doesn't meet the new requirements why haven't you PM'd a mod and mention the violation as well as the article or made a ticket to report it?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2779
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/06 09:05:02 (permalink)
Whelp, finished my popcorn...

Since the gaming community is long since dead, you should stick to the Distributed Computing Forums.
It is still a constructive and worthwhile area and I only venture out when I'm really bored.
Although the outcome was not what you wanted, it at least appears that EVGA attempted to change/improve something.
Let's go post about updating our signatures now.

Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/06 11:18:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Scarlet-Tech 2017/04/06 11:48:32
rjohnson11

Everyone is following the new requirements to include moderators. If you see a news article that doesn't meet the new requirements why haven't you PM'd a mod and mention the violation as well as the article or made a ticket to report it?

You can't report a moderator's post, you have to message another mod about it directly.

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Computer Industry News requirements 2017/04/10 14:13:49 (permalink)
Opolis
Whelp, finished my popcorn...

Since the gaming community is long since dead, you should stick to the Distributed Computing Forums.
It is still a constructive and worthwhile area and I only venture out when I'm really bored.
Although the outcome was not what you wanted, it at least appears that EVGA attempted to change/improve something.
Let's go post about updating our signatures now.

Most of us seen the death of the gaming community coming a mile away. Distributed computing is not my thing.

The outcome shows what happens when you point out that our community manager doesn't put effort into the community. Instead of updating with "over 3 articles from the same website" (like the moderators were telling people), our community manager updated it to 10. They just made a requirement pointless, just to despise one member. 

Make a post about signatures, if i agree with it i will help you push for it.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile