FRY's, not impressed

Author
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
2017/12/11 08:15:44 (permalink)
so on my recent trip for work to Sacramento for two weeks i checked out fry's, heard all this stuff about how great it was and to be honest i was not impressed at all, their DYI section was sparse, GPU selection was laughable at best. was kinda disappointed really, was going to pick up some stuff but what they did have i can get way cheaper online and besides thermaltake and AIO they had no water cooling stuff.  about the only thing i did see that was interesting was their electric scooter selection, but those prices though

Attached Image(s)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498

8 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: FRY's, not impressed 2017/12/11 08:40:49 (permalink)
    If you subscribe to their emails, maybe you'll get some deals.

I've stopped looking - as their best deals are always - "In-Store-Only"
    (I'm nowhere near one of their stores)

Did you enjoy any of the recent snow in NC ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: FRY's, not impressed 2017/12/11 08:44:59 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    If you subscribe to their emails, maybe you'll get some deals.

(I'm nowhere near one of their stores)

Did you enjoy any of the recent snow in NC ?

flew back last night, most of it was gone except the two inches of ice on my truck at the airport lol, not what i wanted to see after 13 hrs of traveling at 1am. i did see some up in the mountain by tahoe while out west, so im good on the snow for a while

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: FRY's, not impressed 2017/12/11 09:37:26 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Same with Micro Center...

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: FRY's, not impressed 2017/12/11 09:40:43 (permalink)
    Nereus
    Cool GTX

Same with Micro Center...

the one i used to go to in ohio was quite nice, they had a way better selection of computer stuff, fry's is like bestbuy with a small DYI pc section

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: FRY's, not impressed 2017/12/12 00:02:45 (permalink)

Fry's promo code deals can be purchased online too.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    SirAce135
    • Total Posts : 87
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: FRY's, not impressed 2017/12/12 08:06:32 (permalink)
    Yeah the few times I have purchased from Fry's I have had bad experiences. Usually to do with their staff members being rude and/or just completely clueless or maybe outright liars. 

I was waiting for a rep to check to see if they had a monitor on hand for me to buy when I overheard one of their techs at the support desk telling a poor older lady that her computer had caught a virus so they had to replace the hard drive with a new one in order to fix it because even if they reformatted the computer the virus would just come back since it had already infected the drive. He also urged her to do it right away so that the virus wouldn't spread to other components in the computer. I just had to jump in. I grabbed a manager, explained to him what I had just heard, and then informed the customer. 
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: FRY's, not impressed 2017/12/13 01:20:18 (permalink)
    SirAce135
    Yeah the few times I have purchased from Fry's I have had bad experiences. Usually to do with their staff members being rude and/or just completely clueless or maybe outright liars. 

I was waiting for a rep to check to see if they had a monitor on hand for me to buy when I overheard one of their techs at the support desk telling a poor older lady that her computer had caught a virus so they had to replace the hard drive with a new one in order to fix it because even if they reformatted the computer the virus would just come back since it had already infected the drive. He also urged her to do it right away so that the virus wouldn't spread to other components in the computer. I just had to jump in. I grabbed a manager, explained to him what I had just heard, and then informed the customer. 

Thats what happens when they pressure the "techs" to sell hardware, they lie to do so. Im surprised he didnt try for new ram also since its memory lol

SirAce135
    • Total Posts : 87
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: FRY's, not impressed 2017/12/13 01:22:50 (permalink)
    quadlatte
    SirAce135

Thats what happens when they pressure the "techs" to sell hardware, they lie to do so. Im surprised he didnt try for new ram also since its memory lol

Yeah, no kidding man. I was just in shock for a moment when I heard that going down like that.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile