Evga 750W G2 Power Supply Cable

Author
opiue
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/12/05 05:55:09 (permalink)
Hello Guys,

What other cable can I use for my EVGA 750W G2 Super Nova and will it affect my warranty?. The cable that supplies power the three prong one? Cheers

3 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Evga 750W G2 Power Supply Cable 2018/12/05 06:19:44 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums.

See: What is the rating for my PSU wall cable? in the EVGA FAQs.

You should get an AC power cable that's marked 18 AWG or lower..The lower the AWG number, the thicker the wires are in the cable..Do not get a cable with a higher AWG number that has thinner wires in the cable.

The C13/C14 (3-prong) input connectors are industry standard..The end that plugs into the wall can be different, depending on the voltage in the world region.

An EVGA 750W G2 will auto-detect the AC input voltage and auto-switch to using it like all their PSUs and the vast majority of other brands these days.

AC input cables can be found most anywhere PC parts/accessories are sold, even some supermarkets.

Using another/proper AC input cable will not void the warranty.

Hope that helps.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

VViews
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Evga 750W G2 Power Supply Cable 2018/12/05 23:36:00 (permalink)
    Thank You.

bob16314
    Welcome to the forums.

See: in the EVGA FAQs.

You should get an AC power cable that's marked 18 AWG or lower..The lower the AWG number, the thicker the wires are in the cable..Do not get a cable with a higher AWG number that has thinner wires in the cable.

The C13/C14 (3-prong) input connectors are industry standard..The end that plugs into the wall can be different, depending on the voltage in the world region.

An will auto-detect the AC input voltage and auto-switch to using it like all their PSUs and the vast majority of other brands these days.

AC input cables can be found most anywhere PC parts/accessories are sold, even some supermarkets.

Using another/proper AC input cable will not void the warranty.

Hope that helps.

QuintLeo
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 946
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Evga 750W G2 Power Supply Cable 2018/12/06 20:42:09 (permalink)
    bob16314

An 18 AWG cable is a little marginal if you are pushing that power supply hard - I've had one DIE on a machine that was pulling 700 watts at the wall 24/7 (luckily it didn't take the PS or machine with it).
    18 AWG should be fine if you're not pushing the PS that hard on a continuous basis, but I'd go with at least a 16 AWG cable (which is what EVGA provides with the 850 G2 - I don't have any 750 G2 models to check) if you are going to be pushing the PS hard for extended periods.

Now that vorsholk has stopped his abuse, I'm returning to folding.
     I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile