EVGA

AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..18961897189818991900.. > >> Showing page 1896 of 2018
Author
mbastudios
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 08:20:11 (permalink)
vagoz
Merry Christmas to everyone. We finaly seen some movement in EU according to queue tracker. 2 cards the last 2 months :)

HI, which EU queue tracker are you referring to?
The US queue for the 3987 is already in may, EU doesnt seem to move forward at all ....

EU:
24G-P5-3987-KR 2/14/2021 6:44:53 AM
arokhantos
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 190
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 12:03:10 (permalink)
You should switch the US queue to pause like the EU queue and unpause the EU queue already

Asus strix x570-e | r9 5950x h2o | AMD 6900 XT | 2x samsung 980 pro 2 tb | 2x 1 tb samsung 860 evo | 2x crucial mx500 2 tb |1x WD40EZRZ 4 tb | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1200W

CptT95
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1403
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 12:34:28 (permalink)
Cards for EU is shipped out of the factory in I believe Taiwan, whereas NA queues are shipped from their office in California
EVGA_BEST
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 13:10:16 (permalink)
Guys, got question for you. More like a seeking an advice from you.

I currently purchased HP Omen build with RTX 3080 in it (Great deal for 1700 after tax with Ryzen 5600x). As my order status says, it will be shipped out somewhere around 31 December (not 100% guarantee).
Some people on reddit says for them it got delayed for almost a month, some says it was even canceled because of the components which were not in stock. So there is possibility I might get it either canceled or it can be delayed. BUT, there is also chance it I'm the lucky one and can get it within next 10 days. 

However, I have also a dealbreaker. Someone of my people I know offering me to buy RTX 3070 brand new sealed just only for ($800+taxes). The price is little bit higher what is EVGA is asking. (80-100$) difference.
Or, he also told me he have 3080Ti In stock as well. But for this one he asks $1600+taxes. (overpaying about $180 comparing to EVGA prices).

They are all LHR I believe. But I'm straight gamer, and need GPU to for my 1440p monitor to run games smooth. 

So here is the dilemma, should I wait out the RTX 3080 in omen, which comes with great card in overall. Or should I get RTX 3070 and build my desktop myself, or just get the RTX 3080ti for the future proof (but is it even worth paying $1600 for the GPU, because I will also need to buy other components which will add another $800-900 to my final price).

Thanks in advance for any advices.   
post edited by EVGA_BEST - 2021/12/24 13:11:20
CptT95
FTW Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 15:12:57 (permalink)
What brand of gpu are they?
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 15:16:48 (permalink)
EVGA_Best,
The HP Omen 3080 is not the same as the AIB 3080s.  If you are not overclocking or pushing anything super crazy it should be okay for you to use.  I haven't played with it yet, but I've seen the HP Omen 3080 earlier this year in a HP Omen I rebuilt.  A friend also bought a HP Omen with the 3080 and Intel 10850K late last year.  We took almost everything out of that pc and used only the cpu and gpu to improve performance.  Did my friend have to do this mod to the pc, no.  But he wanted more stable and reliable performance so we changed the mobo, PSU, case, nvme drive, ram, and AIO along with adding a ton of fans to his wife's pc.  He spent about 2k upgrading his wife's pc on top of the initial 3k he bought it for.  

The HP 3080 has the same core Nvidia parts as others, it comes down to board design and parts used by the AIB tend to be better than the stuff HP does.  HP tends to cut down cost on parts for their pcs.  They really do the bare minimum in board design and cooler designs.  Their HP mobos are a joke and leave no head room.  I didn't take apart the HP 3080, but it was extremely light and the air rad did not seem like it had much substance to it which caused me concern for cooling.  She is a light gamer, so the rebuilt pc has been fine for her, but prior to that the pc temps were a bit high for both cpu and gpu which was the driving force for the extreme upgrade.  

There will be short comings in cooling as the HP cases tend to suck.  Also in my friends wife's pc it had a 120mm aio which was not sufficient in cooling the 10850k it came with.  Also very limited in fans and venting caused thermals to be higher than they should. 

I'd look at other SI's before I'd buy a HP omen to be honest.  You might pay a little more, but you get brand name parts which are easier to switch out and/or provide much better performance in the long run.  

This is one from newegg that is similar, actually a lot better than the HP:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ala251-gladiator/p/N82E16883360155R

This one cost a little more, but it comes with AIB parts and a better CPU.  The mobo is solid for most users, brand name RAM with decent speed, 240mm aio, and gen 4 nvme.  

The psu might be a bit light on power, but should be okay.  The GPU is not brand specific so you might get lucky with a asus or evga, but even if you get a gigabyte or zotac it would be better than the HP imo.  This does cost a bit more than the HP, but it provides you so much better clarity and performance in the long run.  

Looking for something like this from a System Integrator would be a much better deal in the long run for gamers who want something to last and are able to do their homework.  

post edited by Gotspeed_2000 - 2021/12/24 15:31:41

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
EVGA_BEST
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 15:17:05 (permalink)
CptT95
What brand of gpu are they?

Hey CptT95,

The HP Omen RTX 3080 is their OEM. I believe it's FoxConn triple fan not an overclocked one. The RTX 3070 is EVGA FTW3 and RTX 3080ti is also EVGA FTW3.
EVGA_BEST
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 15:25:14 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
EVGA_Best,
The HP Omen 3080 is not the same as the AIB 3080s.  If you are not overclocking or pushing anything super crazy it should be okay for you to use.  I haven't played with it yet, but I've seen the HP Omen 3080 earlier this year in a HP Omen I rebuilt.  A friend also bought a HP Omen with the 3080 and Intel 10850K late last year.  We took almost everything out of that pc and used only the cpu and gpu to improve performance.  Did my friend have to do this mod to the pc, no.  But he wanted more stable and reliable performance so we changed the mobo, PSU, case, nvme drive, ram, and AIO along with adding a ton of fans to his wife's pc.  

The HP 3080 has the same Nvidia parts as others, it comes down to board design and parts used by the AIB tend to be better than the stuff HP does. 

There will be short comings in cooling as the HP cases tend to suck.  Also in my friends wife's pc it had a 120mm aio which was not sufficient in cooling the 10850k it came with.  Also very limited in fans and venting caused thermals to be higher than they should. 

I'd look at other SI's before I'd buy a HP omen to be honest.  You might pay a little more, but you get brand name parts which are easier to switch out and/or provide much better performance in the long run.  

This is one from newegg that is similar, actually a lot better than the HP:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ala251-gladiator/p/N82E16883360155R

This one cost a little more, but it comes with AIB parts and a better CPU.  The mobo is solid for most users, brand name RAM with decent speed, 240mm aio, and gen 4 nvme.  

The psu might be a bit light on power, but should be okay.  The GPU is not brand specific so you might get lucky with a asus or evga, but even if you get a gigabyte or zotac it would be better than the HP imo.  This does cost a bit more than the HP, but it provides you so much better clarity and performance in the long run.  

Looking for something like this from a System Integrator would be a much better deal in the long run for gamers who want something to last and are able to do their homework.  

Hey Gotspeed_2000,

Thanks for the reply man. I am aware of the HP omen's cooling systems being pretty bad and airflow as well. I was planning on replacing all fans to Noctua and changing the CPU cooler to Noctua chroma.black 92mm. Some youtuber did all that, and getting mid 60's under the heavy load. Might also swap the mobo as well and keep the original for the warranty purposes.

I won't overclock it for sure, since I don't really know to do it properly and safely without causing any damage to GPU. So that's why I was wondering if I should cancel my order of HP omen, and get instead the RTX 3070 FTW3 from EVGA overpaying only 100$, and build my own desktop from scratch. Or should I overpay and get 3080ti for the future proof gaming experience, so I won't have to worry about changing my GPU in the next 5+ years. Tough choice, since I will have to spend about $1600 just for the 3080ti and other components will get up to another $900+.    
post edited by EVGA_BEST - 2021/12/24 15:28:33
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 16:02:56 (permalink)
EVGA_Best,
I'd look at that pc I linked.  It looks like a decent pc and you wont have to wait so long for the parts.  It looks decent, the only thing that I would consider changing would be the case and adding more fans.  

I bought my son an Omen about 5 years back cause I didn't want to spend a ton of money on him gaming at the time.  I didn't do my research into as I had a long break from building pcs (like almost 20 years between builds).  For the price it was good for simple gaming, but if you are playing AAA games, then tbh I'd look at a SI or custom build your own.  For my son's first rebuild of his Omen, I looked at adding cooling and HP mobo didn't have any flexibility to add cooling.  That lead me to do more research and then plan a full rebuild of his PC.  I only kept his I7-9700k from his initial HP Omen that had a 1660 as a gpu.  If you look at their parts, HP does cut a ton of corners to save money and add to their profits.  

A 3070 with 8 gigs of GDDR6 ram and the processing cores specs does not give you a lot of head room for future proofing your pc.  To me, it should give you about 2-4 years of decent experience at 1080p gaming.  If you go 1440, then you have to sacrifice some of the resolution to max out your frame rates.  This is a personal preference as I like to have high frame rates in FPS games.  A 3080 non TI is still a great option when you consider cost to performance factors.  I still strongly recommend the non TI version of the 3080 to those who ask me to build PCs.  10 gigs of GDDR6X ram along with the processing cores provides a lot of headroom at 1080p gaming while to offering excellent performance at 1440p for future games as well.  

If you look at the PC I linked, it is specd with a 3080 already.  Look at those parts and do some research on the mobo and stuff and it should result in reviews that are solid for gaming.  They might not be the best, but the budget is what the budget is.  I started out with my first build with a X570 Tuf board and it paired well with my 3070 FTW3 ultra until I went full overboard with my PC build.  I still have that mobo and plan to use it to upgrade my son's friend computer in the near future.  

The biggest thing is the time it gets to obtain the parts.  Buying through an SI is a excellent option if the funds allow to bypass waiting.  Although you wont know what brand GPU you are going to get, the price is decent and the wait time should be fairly short.  

If the 3070 if from a retailer who is an authorized retailer then that might be a good option.  I overpaid by 50 bucks back in January for my 3070 which I then used to step up to the 3090 through EVGA.  

I would not buy from a 3rd party if possible.  Even buying a little over retail for a EVGA gpu is worth it since you will not have an option to extend the warranty should you buy from a non-authorized retailer.  You also wont have the option to step up the gpu either if you buy from a 3rd party.  

The other thing you might want to consider is the rumored pending release of the new 30 series gpus which will have their ram on the front side of the gpu.  This new release is something you might want to wait to see since the performance of the GDDR ram will be better with the ram on the front side getting cooling from the air radiators instead of on the back side which is currently no really cooled by anything.  Since you are waiting, you might as well wait and see what comes out later this month or early January.  I'd still actively look for a 3080 non-TI if possible.  Best buy drops seem to be something to keep and eye on along with the new egg shuffle.  

I won a 3060 TI a couple of months ago on the shuffle which I plan on using on a graduation gift for my son's girlfriend who needs a new pc for graphic arts.  You have enter a ton of times, sometimes you get lucky but being persistent usually will pay off in the long run.  

If you are willing to drop that kind of cash on a 3080 TI, I'd wait and see what the 3090 will be.  The price difference isn't too much, but you get double the amount of VRAM and it should be easier to get.  Also, if the new 3090 super does come out, then that would give you a ton of headroom to grow with.  I love my 3090 and currently I'm in the middle of the process of converting my KP to a water block so I can add it to my system.  The 3090 provides you a ton of options and headroom to play games in for the future.  I'm thinking I'll get 4-6 years atleast of playing most games at 1440p at high frame rates/resolution.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
EVGA_BEST
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 20:16:16 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
EVGA_Best,
I'd look at that pc I linked.  It looks like a decent pc and you wont have to wait so long for the parts.  It looks decent, the only thing that I would consider changing would be the case and adding more fans.  

I bought my son an Omen about 5 years back cause I didn't want to spend a ton of money on him gaming at the time.  I didn't do my research into as I had a long break from building pcs (like almost 20 years between builds).  For the price it was good for simple gaming, but if you are playing AAA games, then tbh I'd look at a SI or custom build your own.  For my son's first rebuild of his Omen, I looked at adding cooling and HP mobo didn't have any flexibility to add cooling.  That lead me to do more research and then plan a full rebuild of his PC.  I only kept his I7-9700k from his initial HP Omen that had a 1660 as a gpu.  If you look at their parts, HP does cut a ton of corners to save money and add to their profits.  

A 3070 with 8 gigs of GDDR6 ram and the processing cores specs does not give you a lot of head room for future proofing your pc.  To me, it should give you about 2-4 years of decent experience at 1080p gaming.  If you go 1440, then you have to sacrifice some of the resolution to max out your frame rates.  This is a personal preference as I like to have high frame rates in FPS games.  A 3080 non TI is still a great option when you consider cost to performance factors.  I still strongly recommend the non TI version of the 3080 to those who ask me to build PCs.  10 gigs of GDDR6X ram along with the processing cores provides a lot of headroom at 1080p gaming while to offering excellent performance at 1440p for future games as well.  

If you look at the PC I linked, it is specd with a 3080 already.  Look at those parts and do some research on the mobo and stuff and it should result in reviews that are solid for gaming.  They might not be the best, but the budget is what the budget is.  I started out with my first build with a X570 Tuf board and it paired well with my 3070 FTW3 ultra until I went full overboard with my PC build.  I still have that mobo and plan to use it to upgrade my son's friend computer in the near future.  

The biggest thing is the time it gets to obtain the parts.  Buying through an SI is a excellent option if the funds allow to bypass waiting.  Although you wont know what brand GPU you are going to get, the price is decent and the wait time should be fairly short.  

If the 3070 if from a retailer who is an authorized retailer then that might be a good option.  I overpaid by 50 bucks back in January for my 3070 which I then used to step up to the 3090 through EVGA.  

I would not buy from a 3rd party if possible.  Even buying a little over retail for a EVGA gpu is worth it since you will not have an option to extend the warranty should you buy from a non-authorized retailer.  You also wont have the option to step up the gpu either if you buy from a 3rd party.  

The other thing you might want to consider is the rumored pending release of the new 30 series gpus which will have their ram on the front side of the gpu.  This new release is something you might want to wait to see since the performance of the GDDR ram will be better with the ram on the front side getting cooling from the air radiators instead of on the back side which is currently no really cooled by anything.  Since you are waiting, you might as well wait and see what comes out later this month or early January.  I'd still actively look for a 3080 non-TI if possible.  Best buy drops seem to be something to keep and eye on along with the new egg shuffle.  

I won a 3060 TI a couple of months ago on the shuffle which I plan on using on a graduation gift for my son's girlfriend who needs a new pc for graphic arts.  You have enter a ton of times, sometimes you get lucky but being persistent usually will pay off in the long run.  

If you are willing to drop that kind of cash on a 3080 TI, I'd wait and see what the 3090 will be.  The price difference isn't too much, but you get double the amount of VRAM and it should be easier to get.  Also, if the new 3090 super does come out, then that would give you a ton of headroom to grow with.  I love my 3090 and currently I'm in the middle of the process of converting my KP to a water block so I can add it to my system.  The 3090 provides you a ton of options and headroom to play games in for the future.  I'm thinking I'll get 4-6 years atleast of playing most games at 1440p at high frame rates/resolution.  

That's an amazing build you got there!

And thank you so much for taking a time and composing such a great response man. I really appreciate it.

And by the way! Yes, the RTX 3070 that I might buy, will have step-up program, it's an authorized reseller where my friend is working at. HP is definitely no a great build with their OEM parts and cheap brands they putting into. Honestly, I only bought it because of the 3080 RTX. I also looked up that link you sent me, the build looks super nice, but probably the case swap is must have on this purchase, so in overall it will end for me with about $2500 which is little bit expensive.

But after reading your post, you gave me an idea canceling my HP Omen order, ordering EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3, overpaying $80 and just enroll into the step-up program for 3090.
If you don't mind me asking, how long does it usually or averagely take for the step-up program if I will do it within couple of the weeks?  I believe I can last and wait a little bit until the step-up process will get through, since 3070 FTW3 is not a bad card even for the 1440p, even if I will have to wait for for a year or something like that, I can hold on into 3070 for now.

I also in queue for 10G-P5-3897-KL since last year of the December, which getting pretty close and less than a month. Huge headache for me brother, so many options, and not sure what would be the best one. 

CptT95
FTW Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 20:25:23 (permalink)
I believe step up to the 3090 is pretty quick nowadays iirc, but I could be wrong
EVGA_BEST
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 20:32:09 (permalink)
CptT95
I believe step up to the 3090 is pretty quick nowadays iirc, but I could be wrong

How does the step-up system work? I sign up for it, then I wait until it will be in stock, I send my old card I have, and then pay the difference between my old card and new? 
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30693
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 20:35:55 (permalink)
EVGA_BEST
CptT95

How does the step-up system work? I sign up for it, then I wait until it will be in stock, I send my old card I have, and then pay the difference between my old card and new? 

EVGA Step-Up

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 20:43:07 (permalink)
EVGA_Best,
The 3090 step up is pretty much current.  However, I would recommend buying the 3070 FTW3 from the authorized retailer and using it.  I would register the card and if funds allow purchase the extended warranty for it.  I usually buy the 10 year warranty for 60 bucks since it will long outlast the gpu's lifespan.  If you register the card within I think 14 days, it gives you 90 days to sign up for the step up.  I would wait a bit and use the 3070 until closer to the end of the 90 day window or once they release the new 3090 Super and make that available through the step up.  Once it's available through the step up, I'd go for that one.  The VRMs on the 30 series of cards run a bit hot and having them on the front side where the air radiator is would be beneficial to the vrms and keeping the temps down.  Another plus would be that hopefully they take the opportunity to correct any issues they discovered with the PCB design.  

There is a step up forum here that is dedicated to the 3090.  I would read up on that but consider what I am sharing about waiting for the new super model to come out if possible.  The step up is a great program that allows you to use the gpu while you wait for your turn in the step up queue and then trade up to the higher gpu.  The only thing is that you will only get credit for the manufacturer's msrp.  The markup from the retailer will be lost, but atleast you get the card you want.  If funding does allow, the 3090 with the 24 gigs of VRAM would really give you more headroom for your future gaming.  Nothing is future proof, but this would have more capability than the 3080TI imo.  When I did mines back in April, I waited around 4 weeks for my name to get called once I put it into the 3090 step up queue.  I think the queue is caught up which is why I would wait to see if the super does come out and is an option for you to consider.  If possible, I would really recommend going with the 3090 super with the vrms moved to the front.  I have mines on a water block with a very large passive rear plate.  In a custom loop, the Optimus block does an excellent job of keeping the vrms cool but in most setups minus this passive rear plate it can be an issue keeping those temps down.  I think you'd be waiting around a month or so for a step up to the 3090 tbh right now.  

Choice really depends on what you want.  What works for me might not be the same for you.  The 3080 non-TI is a great card, but the limited VRAM will catch up to you sooner or later.  The price point to performance is outstanding however and if you are willing to wait I'd do that.  But if you cannot wait then the step up is an excellent option.  The 3080 non-TI queues have been moving a bit lately, but there is no absolute it will keep moving at the pace it has been.  The 3080FTW3 ultra is my second gpu I am waiting for.  I registered back for that one in March.  I think bang for the buck its the best option out there at half the cost of the 3090 which should be able to support your gaming needs for a bit.  You can't step up to the 3080 non-TI anymore so that's not an option.  They removed that option from the step up options users have.  They are still processing those who are in the step up queues for them, but they are not allowing anymore step ups to the non-TI version.  I went with the 3090 series to give me better performance at 1440p and better flexibility in the future.  24 gigs of vram should hold me over for a while.  I am moving to the KP for the better internal components in the KP as 1st gen 3090 has some issues with power delivery.  They have resolved that with the 1.0 pcb that they are now selling, but I bought my KP just for overkill purposes.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
DoctorDothraki
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 435
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 23:00:54 (permalink)
CptT95

You remind me that in my spreadsheet, the queue for the 3090 FTW3 Ultra had the most "satisfying" line on my spreadsheet graph. That means moving a lot and rising faster over time. Both 3090 Hybrids also have good movement through sign-up times.

Folder of EVGA queue documents (Google Drive)
30 series queue sheet (Google Sheets, Excel online)
Queue 3.0 spreadsheet (Google Sheets)
EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra (3967), i7-3770k, NZXT Kraken X60, Samsung 1TB mSATA SSD, Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH, Corsair HX1000i, ASUS Blu-Ray drive, Viewsonic XG270.
CptT95
FTW Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/24 23:09:59 (permalink)
I have the 3090 kp hc and I would like to go to the optimus block with backside active waterblock
But thing is the evga x570 dark has no extra clearance between gpu and vrm heatsink
Riolu
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 01:16:36 (permalink)
Can I ask for old price I signed up for? The price of 3655 has increased too much, I'll have to let it to pass up but it wasted my queue when I'd wanted a different card more than it now.
post edited by Riolu - 2021/12/25 01:26:45
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 01:40:34 (permalink)
I really  think they will not honor old pricing.  They did it for a bit early on in the queues, but there has been two price increases since.  It doesn't hurt to ask, but I highly doubt it and only EVGA can answer this question.  In this market, the price increases are very reasonable compared to other AIBs.  Not sure how much the 3655 went up, but it's no where near what other companies are doing.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Faddaros
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 06:57:30 (permalink)
Merry christmas everybody!

Good news after 1 year and 2 months, along with the holiday spirit ,this bad boy was ordered to replace my rx570 lol

Btw evga is maybe the only company who honors a descent pricing comparing to retail prices. Thanks also to the evga support team who helped me alot with some problems!!

10G-P5-3897-KL 10/16/2020 11:48:41 AM PT Yes (Us qeueu)
Bebss
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 08:15:30 (permalink)
How does one sign up for the queue system?
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8149
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 08:36:30 (permalink)
All the queues are closed and it is not known when or if they will reopen. 

However, even though there is nothing official from NVIDIA, there may be new cards launched/announced early next year with release dates TBD by NVIDIA.  When release dates are announced by NVIDIA, EVGA will let us know what will happen and when.  The information will be on the site and in the forums.

post edited by Flint 1760 - 2021/12/25 08:37:32

philipma1957
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 593
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 09:28:16 (permalink)
Okay Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year.

But go back  to  reality.  My tracfone cell number was illegally ported from me. I have been trying to get it back since Dec 21 the hack happened at 2:45PM eastern standard time.
so far Tracfone has not succeeded it having it returned.

So I have to try to lift that number from every online account and get another number placed into those accounts.
I am very lucky that each account on each website has other protections than the simple cell phone.
Evga allowed me to use both my email and my cell phone and they send a code to each. So today I sent the coded to the old stolen cell and the email in order to change the 'bad' phone number to a good one.

As a suggestion to EVGA when a person sings on you should give them a choice  of cell phone or email and not send both a code.
A thief got info today that my old cell was attached to evga due to your security setup.
while they may not know my new phone number they could guess my login info.
I have  a long history of purchases with this account and do not want to change accounts but I do want to change the sign in info.

and of course you guys are closed until Jan 2.

To each and every one with a cell phone make sure the email link to the cell phone has a big strong password.

I will be back to post about this in Jan.

edit

Okay changed both the phone and the email 

it looks like I did it correctly.

So 1 account on 1 website { EVGA  } should be safe again at least they have it in such a way if your phone number is stolen (not the phone) you are able to change both the phone and the email.
post edited by philipma1957 - 2021/12/25 09:42:28
ahammad
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 11:40:47 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
I really  think they will not honor old pricing.  They did it for a bit early on in the queues, but there has been two price increases since.  It doesn't hurt to ask, but I highly doubt it and only EVGA can answer this question.  In this market, the price increases are very reasonable compared to other AIBs.  Not sure how much the 3655 went up, but it's no where near what other companies are doing.  

Reasonable? Perhaps, but it makes the 3655 not worth it anymore.

The 3655 went from 329 to 339 and now to 399. Meanwhile. the 3657 (likely better binned, higher clock speed and with a metal shield) went from 399 to 429 I believe. Essentially, it now makes no sense to get the 3655 since the 367 is only $30 more VS $70-$80 more.

That said, I will still get the 3655 if my queue position comes up (end of May, about 6 weeks away from the last drop in the tracking). Had I known something like this were to happen, I would have signed up for the 3657 from the start and received my card months ago. That is the big fail in this case and I totally understand why people are upset. Honestly, we are a captive audience, so EVGA can take advantage of customers, but I honestly don't believe they are doing it to screw us, rather the supply and component issues finally caught up with them.

What I don't understand is why the 3655 went up by a lot more than the 3657. The cards are extremely similar and use tons of the same components, so I would expect an equal price increase to match the cost of manufacturing. It would be nice if EVGA does give 3655 holders an option to switch up to the 3657 (the queues are basically all caught up). I'd go for that, but I doubt they will do this simply because they really need to get through their backlog first.
post edited by ahammad - 2021/12/25 21:25:05
sourmonkey
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 14:32:55 (permalink)
Best Buy has a 12g 3060 in stock right now go get it - to the guy who fried his 1080ti sorry thought I hit reply
post edited by sourmonkey - 2021/12/25 14:34:04

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz 
MB   Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
GPU 2X EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ 4G SLI
MEM Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4
PSU  EVGA Supernova 750 G2
CASE EVGA DG-86 W/ White LED's
EVGA_BEST
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 17:20:29 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
EVGA_Best,
The 3090 step up is pretty much current.  However, I would recommend buying the 3070 FTW3 from the authorized retailer and using it.  I would register the card and if funds allow purchase the extended warranty for it.  I usually buy the 10 year warranty for 60 bucks since it will long outlast the gpu's lifespan.  If you register the card within I think 14 days, it gives you 90 days to sign up for the step up.  I would wait a bit and use the 3070 until closer to the end of the 90 day window or once they release the new 3090 Super and make that available through the step up.  Once it's available through the step up, I'd go for that one.  The VRMs on the 30 series of cards run a bit hot and having them on the front side where the air radiator is would be beneficial to the vrms and keeping the temps down.  Another plus would be that hopefully they take the opportunity to correct any issues they discovered with the PCB design.  

There is a step up forum here that is dedicated to the 3090.  I would read up on that but consider what I am sharing about waiting for the new super model to come out if possible.  The step up is a great program that allows you to use the gpu while you wait for your turn in the step up queue and then trade up to the higher gpu.  The only thing is that you will only get credit for the manufacturer's msrp.  The markup from the retailer will be lost, but atleast you get the card you want.  If funding does allow, the 3090 with the 24 gigs of VRAM would really give you more headroom for your future gaming.  Nothing is future proof, but this would have more capability than the 3080TI imo.  When I did mines back in April, I waited around 4 weeks for my name to get called once I put it into the 3090 step up queue.  I think the queue is caught up which is why I would wait to see if the super does come out and is an option for you to consider.  If possible, I would really recommend going with the 3090 super with the vrms moved to the front.  I have mines on a water block with a very large passive rear plate.  In a custom loop, the Optimus block does an excellent job of keeping the vrms cool but in most setups minus this passive rear plate it can be an issue keeping those temps down.  I think you'd be waiting around a month or so for a step up to the 3090 tbh right now.  

Choice really depends on what you want.  What works for me might not be the same for you.  The 3080 non-TI is a great card, but the limited VRAM will catch up to you sooner or later.  The price point to performance is outstanding however and if you are willing to wait I'd do that.  But if you cannot wait then the step up is an excellent option.  The 3080 non-TI queues have been moving a bit lately, but there is no absolute it will keep moving at the pace it has been.  The 3080FTW3 ultra is my second gpu I am waiting for.  I registered back for that one in March.  I think bang for the buck its the best option out there at half the cost of the 3090 which should be able to support your gaming needs for a bit.  You can't step up to the 3080 non-TI anymore so that's not an option.  They removed that option from the step up options users have.  They are still processing those who are in the step up queues for them, but they are not allowing anymore step ups to the non-TI version.  I went with the 3090 series to give me better performance at 1440p and better flexibility in the future.  24 gigs of vram should hold me over for a while.  I am moving to the KP for the better internal components in the KP as 1st gen 3090 has some issues with power delivery.  They have resolved that with the 1.0 pcb that they are now selling, but I bought my KP just for overkill purposes.  

Thanks a ton man for a great advice. I will do what you recommended me. Was thinking about it last night. 

Waiting for Monday to cancel my HP order, and also just ordered that EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3. It comes with bundle of new i5 - 12600K Alder Lake though. Welp, I still need to build a new desktop from scratch, so CPU will come in handy. Will start ordering the rest of the parts for my build: case, mobo, ram and ssd as well. And as soon as the GPU will arrive, I will just register and wait for the 3090ti version, and see what it will offer. If something will go wrong with the new ti version, I will just use step-up for the 3090 RTX, buy a warranty and keep it for another 5-6 years. 

Thanks again for you knowledge mate.
Cheers and Marry Christmas.   

DoctorDothraki
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 19:35:51 (permalink)
Here's something I would like to share:

My computer's case is a Cooler Master HAF XM, which can fit motherboards up to EATX.  It has six internal 3.5" HDD bays (plus two 3.5" X-Dock HDD bays).  The top three HDD bays are removeable in case you have a long graphics card.  However, I was able to fit both the top three HDD bays and my EVGA RTX 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra (3967).  Not only that, there was room between the HDD bays and the card for a 120mm fan. The extra depth to fit EATX motherboards probably helped.

This makes me wonder if Cooler Master was anticipating a truly giant graphics card like the RTX 3090 Founders Edition.  Speaking of which, my card is 11.81 inches (300mm) long, the 3090 Founders Edition is 12.3 inches (313mm) long.  It can probably fit the 3090 FE with the HDD bays (but not with the extra 120mm fan).

EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra (3967), i7-3770k, NZXT Kraken X60, Samsung 1TB mSATA SSD, Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH, Corsair HX1000i, ASUS Blu-Ray drive, Viewsonic XG270.
Harriman
  • Total Posts : 55
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 23:07:16 (permalink)
DoctorDothraki
Here's something I would like to share:

My computer's case is a Cooler Master HAF XM, which can fit motherboards up to EATX.  It has six internal 3.5" HDD bays (plus two 3.5" X-Dock HDD bays).  The top three HDD bays are removeable in case you have a long graphics card.  However, I was able to fit both the top three HDD bays and my EVGA RTX 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra (3967).  Not only that, there was room between the HDD bays and the card for a 120mm fan. The extra depth to fit EATX motherboards probably helped.

This makes me wonder if Cooler Master was anticipating a truly giant graphics card like the RTX 3090 Founders Edition.  Speaking of which, my card is 11.81 inches (300mm) long, the 3090 Founders Edition is 12.3 inches (313mm) long.  It can probably fit the 3090 FE with the HDD bays (but not with the extra 120mm fan).

kindly look up the RAIJINTEK Zofos Evo,....RAIJINTEK..... THAT! thing looks like you could park a BUICK in there!!!,.....( and is my Next-Gen case if i EVER get my 3090 Kingpin,... needed a case that could handle MULTIPLE 360 Aios )
DoctorDothraki
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/25 23:50:32 (permalink)
Harriman
kindly look up the RAIJINTEK Zofos Evo,....RAIJINTEK..... THAT! thing looks like you could park a BUICK in there!!!,.....( and is my Next-Gen case if i EVER get my 3090 Kingpin,... needed a case that could handle MULTIPLE 360 Aios )

Just looked it up. It sure is big with that ATX mobo for scale. It also looks like you can remove ALL the HDD racks if needed and have extra room for the card. My case only lets you remove the top 3.

shaunaka
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/26 09:01:25 (permalink)
No more stock in Best Buy! I'm looking for the 3070 to buy for my machine learning stuff. Just stupidly frustrating trying to find something at an honest price.
post edited by shaunaka - 2021/12/26 09:06:42
keroF
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/12/26 09:42:16 (permalink)
Why does EVGA give priority to people who joined the queue this year over the people who signed in 2020.... Zero sense
Page: << < ..18961897189818991900.. > >> Showing page 1896 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile