AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..116117118119120.. > >> Showing page 119 of 2018
Author
flg2010
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 316
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 03:32:36 (permalink)
The spreadsheet is useful. It’s useful because it makes some of us know we will not get our gpu this way. Too far down list

---Main Rig Build ---
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, CPU Cooler: NZXT X73 360, GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, MB: ASUS CH VIII Formula, RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3600, Storage:  2TB Adata M.2, 2TB WD SSD, 500GB WD SSD, Case:  Thermaltake ARGB View51
johnny_10_
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 03:36:33 (permalink)

Could you add me to the spreadsheet? I'd really appreciate it!
9/20/2020 9:37:20 PM PT No 

Cerulean_Shaman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 211
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 03:47:07 (permalink)
flg2010
The spreadsheet is useful. It’s useful because it makes some of us know we will not get our gpu this way. Too far down list

Seeing the queue move 5-10 minutes a week, still being on the wee hours of the 17th, and it still even being on the 17th 3 weeks later could have told you that. If things don't pick up early November, then not even many people on the 17th will get their cards until December, if even. I'm hoping the XC3 Ultras queue really helps here, and I'm just waiting for the week in queue we jump like an hour instead, because THAT will be useful information.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 19041
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 04:11:12 (permalink)
Cerulean_Shaman
Nereus
mflannery
If you don't mind, could you add me to the list as well.
Thanks!
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/21/2020 7:40:33 PM PT

Added. Current position 664.

Don't forget to use an associate code when purchasing to get 5% off your card.

johnny_10_
how do people see current position? 
9/20/2020 9:37:20 PM PTNo 

Check out the spreadsheet. Yes it's unofficial and is completely reliant on individuals like you and me supplying our notification details, but it is not useless for probably 99% of the people here who are using it - certainly it is far better than knowing absolutely nothing and being completely unaware whether to expect your email from EVGA in the next couple of days or a month from now. It is not 100% accurate of course, but has been a very useful indicator to approximate where you are on the queue and where EVGA is up to on that queue for sending out cards. For more info, see this post. I have no idea why anyone would be so negative about it, there is zero reason to be. Cheers.

I'm not being negative about it, and I even said in my post that if it makes people feel better, then I guess it's worth it. What I said was that it's useless, and that is objectively true - I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but that wasn't my intent. A data set has requirements if you want it to be used for certain things. Because your sample size is so small, it's actually less useful for knowing order than simply using queue times. On your list, positions 99 and 100 could easily have one or two thousand people between them... We also have no other data that would make even your small sample size useful, like how many cards and how often, because then we could do some number cooking and get some still inaccurate but meaningful results. Ultimately, your list just doesn't actually do anything - it's not even a good indicator of position or timeframes because the drops are so sporadic and amounts are being withheld from us, so the list is overall outdone by simple queue times. 

There ARE some negatives though. A lot of the thread has been muddied by people spamming to be added to the list or asking about it out of confusion, and, if to be frank, the reasons behind your support of this list aren't completely altruistic, as you've been spamming your affiliate code quite a bit.

Anyway, I don't care enough to be negative about it, but I am being realistic about it. The list objectively tells us nothing and has no realistic use-case that couldn't be gleaned from tracking queue time movement instead. Because we don't know how many cards, how often, or have a bigger sample size to better track amount of people per week, it IS about as good as knowing nothing and serves, at best, as a placebo - and if that helps you be less frustrated about the situation, then there's really nothing wrong with that I guess, so carry on. 

Just stop it already, I'm so tired of one or two people on this forum who have nothing positive to say about anything and instead choose to be negative and tear others down or have the last word no matter what. IF YOU DON'T FIND IT USEFUL, DON'T USE IT. REAL DAMN SIMPLE. Other people do find it useful, so stop trying to force your negativity on others, it serves absolutely no purpose at all, which then makes one question why one would be so outspoken against it.

This isn't about 'hurt feelings' but I certainly took notice how that is your very first response - typical. Clearly almost everyone has found the spreadsheet useful. It should be glaringly obvious why - who wants to wake up every few hours every night for the next 2 months to check their email just in case EVGA sent emails out at 6pm CA time when we don't all live in that time zone and may miss it because we are asleep. This has happened at least 3 times that I have seen now. This spreadsheet CLEARLY helps alleviate that by allowing people to see where they are on the list and where on that list EVGA has reached with sending out emails to get an INDICATION if they may reasonably expect an email soon, judging by how many cards have gone out, per the spreadsheet. OBVIOUSLY it is not going to be 100% accurate, and I think everyone understands that, but it is still a very useful indicator.

Ironically, you said yourself, "it's probably more accurate (and simpler) to just see what time the latest queue time is, as if you're close to that you're somewhat close to having your turn." and that is EXACTLY what the spreadsheet does! - and it's all in one place so you don't have to spend hours sifting through multiple forums to get the same data, so you just negated your own damn argument!

I am also going to suppose that you are taking exception that I have let people know they can get 5% off their card with an affiliate code. As I have stated on the guide which I have linked to often, "You can find associate codes in the signature of many forum members." and I am guessing this is really the root of your negativity since you brought it up. Maybe if you spent some time helping people rather than trying to tear me down, people might use your associate code as well. I took the initiative and a LOT of personal time to help get people on this spreadsheet so it would be an increasingly better indicator of where things stand, which benefits EVERYONE. See the difference there? Probably not. 

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

I really hope you get your card soon so you can leave this thread and let others make their own choice of whether it is useful or not, but again, I question if that is really your motive.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/10/20 04:23:36

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

Hammajangd
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 04:16:27 (permalink)
Nereus don’t let them bother you. Your being helpful for people. I will use your code when the time comes. Forget all the other nonsense.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 04:16:38 (permalink)
johnny_10_
Could you add me to the spreadsheet? I'd really appreciate it!
9/20/2020 9:37:20 PM PT No 

I'd be happy to, but you need to advise which card that is for. :)

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 04:22:13 (permalink)
Hammajangd
Nereus don’t let them bother you. Your being helpful for people. I will use your code when the time comes. Forget all the other nonsense.

Thanks, I'm trying not to let these one or two individuals get under my skin, but sometimes one has to respond to bs like that. I am back at work today so I might have to give it a break for a bit unfortunately. Definitely appreciate your comment Hammajangd. Cheers.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 04:28:36 (permalink)
Cerulean_Shaman
words

Comment deleted - you're not worth my time or energy.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/10/20 04:32:39

johnny_10_
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 04:32:57 (permalink)

10G-P5-3883-KR 9/20/2020 9:37:20 PM PT NO
My bad forgot to add the card lol

post edited by johnny_10_ - 2020/10/20 04:35:33
Cerulean_Shaman
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 04:49:05 (permalink)
Nereus
snip

Ironically, you said yourself, "it's probably more accurate (and simpler) to just see what time the latest queue time is, as if you're close to that you're somewhat close to having your turn." and that is EXACTLY what the spreadsheet does! - and it's all in one place so you don't have to spend hours sifting through multiple forums to get the same data, so you just negated your own damn argument!

I am also going to suppose that you are taking exception that I have let people know they can get 5% off their card with an affiliate code. As I have stated on the guide which I have linked to often, "You can find associate codes in the signature of many forum members." and I am guessing this is really the root of your negativity since you brought it up. Maybe if you spent some time helping people rather than trying to tear me down, people might use your associate code as well. I took the initiative and a LOT of personal time to help get people on this spreadsheet so it would be an increasingly better indicator of where things stand, which benefits EVERYONE. See the difference there? Probably not. 

Firstly, stop being melodramatic. I'm going to leave my response at this post because I don't want this locked again, but: Asking, or simply following the latest posts about emails received, WAS ALREADY ENOUGH, and we were doing it long before your spreadsheet. Instead, your spreadsheet fills the thread with confusion, random posts, questions, and your responses, which is annoying but not enough for me to care about, so whatever. As for the associate code, just stop and man up about it for christ's sake. Yes, you can find it in the signature of many - convenient however how your little charity act allows you to post more often, showing YOUR signature more often in turn, plus the effort of you "doing a deed" pushes bias into reciprocating by using YOUR code, which you conveniently keep spamming in the majority of your responses. I'm only calling out what I'm seeing man. Honestly, I don't care that you're milking the thread but don't act like you're some kind of benevolent angel please.

Nereus

Maybe if you spent some time helping people rather than trying to tear me down, people might use your associate code as well. I took the initiative and a LOT of personal time to help get people on this spreadsheet so it would be an increasingly better indicator of where things stand, which benefits EVERYONE. See the difference there? Probably not. 

NereusThanks, I'm trying not to let these one or two individuals get under my skin, but sometimes one has to respond to bs like that. I am back at work today so I might have to give it a break for a bit unfortunately. Definitely appreciate your comment Hammajangd. Cheers.

The irony is so sharp that I'm surprised I'm not bleeding, yeesh.

You're not actually doing anything. The spreadsheet is objectively useless, even if people think otherwise - that is the literal definition of a placebo, which I have already mentioned. Your argument is based on people finding it useful, which just makes me palm my face and isn't really an objective argument at all. Explain what factual data we can usefully glean from your sheet in regards to queue progress? Nothing, man. It can't tell us real position in queue or even come close, or how long we need to wait, or the average rate of progress. It's just meaningless numbers. Instead of a spreadsheet, you should have just maintained a simple page or post with the latest known queue time for every model and called it a day. I' not tearing you down, I'm just point out the facts here - grow some tougher skin if you feel attacked or stop being so ingenuine about it all.

Nereus
Cerulean_Shaman
words

Comment deleted - you're not worth my time or energy.

Again-again, just because they say it's useful doesn't mean it is; that's not how statistics or numbers work, but if people like pretending otherwise or pretending that sample size is meaningful or whatever, again, who am I to say they can't enjoy it? Btw, you're the one being wildly emotional, and no, there's nothing wrong with me. Calm down, take a breath - nothing I said was personal, it's factual or observed based on what you've been doing for days.

Anyway, same sentiment - mods don't consider your posts or the responses spam despite the thread filling up with it and not being the point of the thread, so I'm just going to drop it, I guess. If EVGA would just tell us actual queue places or if they maintained an official thread/area that told us the current time they're at with notification, none of this would even be needed. 
post edited by Cerulean_Shaman - 2020/10/20 05:02:16
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 04:58:59 (permalink)
bcavanagh
Is it a requirement of being a forum member to have a fragile ego?

And exactly how was that ad hominem attack helpful in any way? Sheesh there really are some major douchebags here - just had to pile on didn't you, despite having nothing to do with you. Reported for trolling.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 05:05:38 (permalink)
johnny_10_
10G-P5-3883-KR 9/20/2020 9:37:20 PM PT NO
My bad forgot to add the card lol

No worries, added. Current position: 223

Don't forget to use an associate code when purchasing to get 5% off your card.

That will be the last one I'm adding for now until perhaps mods get a handle on the trolls.

For info about the spreadsheet, where to view it & add yourself, check out this post.

Cerulean_Shaman
Superclocked Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 05:08:12 (permalink)
Nereus
bcavanagh
Is it a requirement of being a forum member to have a fragile ego?

And exactly how was that ad hominem attack helpful in any way? Sheesh there really are some major douchebags here - just had to pile on didn't you, despite having nothing to do with you. Reported for trolling.

I just want to point out that despite being in this thread since the start, I've never once said anything to you until you called out my response to someone else. And if anyone should be reported, it should be you for spamming in the thread, especially with how often you shill your code when it's already in your signature. You don't even mention it's yours, just that people can get a discount, which is mega shady. Let's be a bit more humble, okay?

Anyway, I apologize for upsetting you, I guess. Just ignore me and continue on as you were, because I really don't want the thread locked and this isn't a hill worth dying on.
drewski989
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 657
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 05:14:48 (permalink)
99% of the bad attitudes and bickering on this thread are because we are all extremely frustrated at the lack of cards (I know, Captain Obvious).  This problem can be solved very easily, with getting cards into the hands of people that want them.  The spreadsheet is interesting for some, and useless to others, I get all of that, but us fighting with each other and picking sides ain't going to solve the issue...  It's just making it more unpleasant.

Whatever strategy lead to this shortage, whatever nefarious and questionable business decisions got us here, that's where the negativity should be directed, and thus, doesn't belong on this particular thread.  This is going to get locked again and we will lose one of the only decent sources of information in this mess.

KenpoJuJitsu3
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 05:43:31 (permalink)
NereusThat will be the last one I'm adding for now until perhaps mods get a handle on the trolls.

Don't let them chase you off from doing your thing. That's exactly what they want, and I'm sure others are seeing that too. Keeping doing what you want and just block/ignore them, everyone isn't going to agree or be worth the keystrokes of a response.

i7 -8700K 5Ghz (Delid) | ASUS Maximus X Formula | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz RAM
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | EVGA 1000W P2 | Thermaltake View 71 | Corsair H150i Pro
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 4TB | Seagate IronWolf Pro 16TB | Seagate IronWolf 12TB | Toshiba X300 8TB (x2)
evgaboyd
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 571
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 05:44:42 (permalink)
I think alot of the angst levels are just due to FOMO and not knowing what's going on. Both can be very annoying thoughts in your head.

I'm just happy that EVGA gave us this little vine instead of having to go toe to toe with a robot any time stock drops anywhere in the world.

The best tool I see in this thread is when people report back with their time when they received an email. That gives me a gauge of where EVGA is at. I don't look at the spreadsheet though, but that doesn't mean I don't think it should be there.

All you can do is cope and realize everyone else is coping.

10G-P5-3897-KR 9/22/2020 3:19:31 PM PT NO
12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:44:13AM PT YES
dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 06:23:47 (permalink)
Nereus,
Keep up with your great work. Do not pay attention on people who are frustrated with inability to grab the card they want. That is not your or EVGA fault but Nvidia solely.
You are a good person who's spending quite of time to maintain this huge spreadsheet.
Cheers!
TacoTuesdays
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 06:24:22 (permalink)
so actually the spreadsheet is great because I am now confident that I am going to be able to get a 3080 in a reasonable enough amount of time that I don't have to buy a 2070 or something to tide me over and use my valve index that came. I will just hold off and wait until it hits. Thank you for managing the program and the spreadsheet and I look forward to buying a card with bated breath.
mokrunka
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 06:31:41 (permalink)
Endworld
 Not to be too off topic, but if someone's spending $700 on a product, I think a backplate should be included. It's not like it's some fancy luxury item. It covers up the PCB. lol And it would costs little. I'm getting a FTW Ultra so it doesn't concern me personally, but I remember getting my 970 and they gave away a limited supply of backplates to buyers like it was some golden ticket. The half of the card you see 99.9% of the time should look halfway decent, too.

Honestly, I would not even mind if they didn't include a cooler! I'm not really sure why mfgs don't sell a model that's just the board alone. I've watercooled my last 4 EVGA GPUs, and the first thing I do when I get them is remove the stock cooler and backplate, and install the waterblock/backplate. Very wasteful. 

rhl_bh
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 06:40:47 (permalink)
Has the XC3 Ultra moved at all in the last few weeks. I am on 9/17 10:44 for it... seems so far away... :)
twaldman
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 06:42:19 (permalink)
Please add me to the list:
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/17/2020 12:34:05 PM PT No

---------------------------

Nevermind... figured out how to add myself.
post edited by twaldman - 2020/10/20 07:07:48
Vidue
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 06:44:42 (permalink)
dragomirc
Nereus,
Keep up with your great work. Do not pay attention on people who are frustrated with inability to grab the card they want. That is not your or EVGA fault but Nvidia solely.
You are a good person who's spending quite a bit of time to maintain this huge spreadsheet.
Cheers!

Thanks for all of your help Nereus. I find the spreadsheet very useful, as it gives me an idea of if the queue is moving.
Celeras
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 876
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 06:45:21 (permalink)
evgaboyd
The best tool I see in this thread is when people report back with their time when they received an email. That gives me a gauge of where EVGA is at. 

Hopefully that's what the thread will get back to once we run out of people registering just to ask to be added because they can't type in a spreadsheet.

If I helped you in some way, or you just think I'm awesome.. please use my associate code! It gives you a discount
z1nonly
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 244
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 06:50:56 (permalink)
mokrunka
Endworld
 Not to be too off topic, but if someone's spending $700 on a product, I think a backplate should be included. It's not like it's some fancy luxury item. It covers up the PCB. lol And it would costs little. I'm getting a FTW Ultra so it doesn't concern me personally, but I remember getting my 970 and they gave away a limited supply of backplates to buyers like it was some golden ticket. The half of the card you see 99.9% of the time should look halfway decent, too.

Honestly, I would not even mind if they didn't include a cooler! I'm not really sure why mfgs don't sell a model that's just the board alone. I've watercooled my last 4 EVGA GPUs, and the first thing I do when I get them is remove the stock cooler and backplate, and install the waterblock/backplate. Very wasteful. 

The backplate doesn't really do anything on the 3080. Even if it helps control sag (and I don't know that it does) it's still just something that makes the card *look* a little better. If I were making the cheapest card in a given product stack, I would not include such a cosmetic feature if I didn't have to.
twaldman
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 07:06:53 (permalink)
Nevermind... figured out how to add myself.
Rickifast
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 07:18:34 (permalink)
Can I be added Please

24G-P5-3985-KR 10/7/2020 11:08:45 PM PT No
24G-P5-3987-KR 10/5/2020 10:16:09 PM PT No
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/23/2020 1:10:25 PM PT No
10G-P5-3895-KR 9/23/2020 1:10:19 PM PT No

post edited by Rickifast - 2020/10/20 07:23:32
Glenda94
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 07:25:13 (permalink)
Hi,
Grandma is building surprise gaming pc's for her grandsons and I just need the video cards to complete....
Could anyone give me an idea of where I stand in the wait?
Seems I should be getting notified for the cards I chose on 9/16/2020.
Thank you.

10G-P5-3885-KR 9/16/2020 4:25:18 PM
10G-P5-3883-KR 9/16/2020 4:24:49 PM
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/18/2020 7:46:47 PM

Celeras
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 07:34:56 (permalink)
Glenda94
Hi,
Grandma is building surprise gaming pc's for her grandsons and I just need the video cards to complete....
Could anyone give me an idea of where I stand in the wait?
Seems I should be getting notified for the cards I chose on 9/16/2020.
Thank you.

10G-P5-3885-KR 9/16/2020 4:25:18 PM
10G-P5-3883-KR 9/16/2020 4:24:49 PM
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/18/2020 7:46:47 PM

You should be getting one pretty quickly when they get to the XC3 Ultras. Maybe not the first batch, but not too far off depending how many they release.

If I helped you in some way, or you just think I'm awesome.. please use my associate code! It gives you a discount
TazDino72
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 07:41:22 (permalink)
Hello!

I signed up for all of the EVGA 3080 GPU's on October 6th.  

Is there a way to know what week or time-frame I could expect to receive a notification to purchase?
Celeras
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/10/20 07:46:26 (permalink)
TazDino72
Hello!

I signed up for all of the EVGA 3080 GPU's on October 6th.  

Is there a way to know what week or time-frame I could expect to receive a notification to purchase?

Welcome!

Not definitively. But it's safe to say that October 6th is a long way off. 

Page: << < ..116117118119120.. > >> Showing page 119 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile