AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..11561157115811591160.. > >> Showing page 1157 of 2018
Author
Bora1114
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 403
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 10:44:43 (permalink)
vndragonslayer1

we dont have this data but i can assure u this sku sold the most..

We do have data which can probably be extrapolated out fairly accurately. This is based on the spreadsheet entries reported between launch and 9/21 5pm. I posted this already but here:

3897 - 54.2% of notifies
3895 - 1.7% of notifies
3885 - 17.3% of notifies
3883 - 7.9% of notifies
3881 - 18.9% of notifies
Cheemonstonzo
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 205
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 10:57:41 (permalink)
nick_shl
CheemonstonzoEven if they have a watchdog and I2C security chip (like Xbox controllers), this can still be spoofed or bypassed with a firmware flash.
BIOS encrypted, decryption key inside GPU. Even if you will be able to extract it somehow it may be public-key cryptography algorithm and you will be able decrypt BIOS with this key, but you will not be able to encrypt you own BIOS. Good luck with that.

CheemonstonzoNo software in uncrackable.
"Unhackable" mean that effort exceed reasonable time or money amount. If you have enough money you don't have to hack thing at all - you can just make your own.

This is a good point.  nVidia only has to make it too difficult and time consuming to be worth it.  Look how long the GeForce virtualization lock has held strong.  You may be onto something here.
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:08:08 (permalink)
abagailsflorist
Thank you for your tireless (and thankless) work Enewt :)

Thanks for the kind words; they are appreciated.  Best of luck on your watch!

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

DNA_Reformed
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:08:12 (permalink)
Bora1114
vndragonslayer1

we dont have this data but i can assure u this sku sold the most..

3881 - 18.9% of notifies

If this is accurate I would assume not a lot of cards are going out. I believe that queue hasn't moved in over four months. I'm still sitting on a date of 9/16 at 3:45 pm.

12G-P5-3967-KR     6/3/2021  7:48:31 AM  PT
10G-P5-3885-KR     9/23/2020 1:26:33 PM  PT   
10G-P5-3881-KR     9/16/2020 3:45:03 PM  PT
YakuzaShoei
  • Total Posts : 94
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:16:06 (permalink)
Moving forward, the reality MAY BE that by the time most cards are delivered they will be the new revisions with the "mining locks" in place.

Please use Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4
aliop1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 237
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:16:51 (permalink)
undecided65
Cheemonstonzo
nick_shl
xeddexSounds like it's a physical change to the chips.  However that doesn't mean it's not crackable; just depends on what they changed.  If they changed the chip where it has a bit of silicon that's a flag to say "hey i don't do crypto" then presumably bypassable since software would check for the flag and software can be hacked.
Nope! Software can not be hacked if it done right. Actually it is simple: chip can provide some data(every time different) to the driver, driver should make some calculations and send result back into chip, chip check result and if it right - unlock mining. To make this unhackable, Nvidia must move calculations to own server and driver should ask server to do it. In this case they can check if it request from legit developer. Because you can't get algorithm to transform data, you can't hack it.

This would an always-online-DRM to use your GPU.  If someone has the capability to modify the driver & BIOS, they strip out the call-home functions and just flash a different ID that will only work with their driver.  nVidia driver package will ignore this GPU as ID won't match.

Only for mining, for gaming, you don't have to be 'online', the check would fail if offline but GPU will function fine for gaming.

That’s DRM for GPU’s as previously stated. This should NOT be done as this would set a terrible precedent. Great way to scare people away from Nvidia cards.
mobhill
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 189
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:24:54 (permalink)
aliop1
undecided65
Cheemonstonzo
nick_shl
xeddexSounds like it's a physical change to the chips.  However that doesn't mean it's not crackable; just depends on what they changed.  If they changed the chip where it has a bit of silicon that's a flag to say "hey i don't do crypto" then presumably bypassable since software would check for the flag and software can be hacked.
Nope! Software can not be hacked if it done right. Actually it is simple: chip can provide some data(every time different) to the driver, driver should make some calculations and send result back into chip, chip check result and if it right - unlock mining. To make this unhackable, Nvidia must move calculations to own server and driver should ask server to do it. In this case they can check if it request from legit developer. Because you can't get algorithm to transform data, you can't hack it.

This would an always-online-DRM to use your GPU.  If someone has the capability to modify the driver & BIOS, they strip out the call-home functions and just flash a different ID that will only work with their driver.  nVidia driver package will ignore this GPU as ID won't match.

Only for mining, for gaming, you don't have to be 'online', the check would fail if offline but GPU will function fine for gaming.

That’s DRM for GPU’s as previously stated. This should NOT be done as this would set a terrible precedent. Great way to scare people away from Nvidia cards.

Exactly. That would be a great way to ensure that my next card is red. There are too many people in the world that want to control what you do with what you purchase with your own money. 
xkilldozer
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:25:04 (permalink)
I'm guessing there's a shipment of EVGA's cards sitting on a ship waiting outside of Long Beach based on the minimal queue movement this week.
kissTheApex
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 624
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:27:11 (permalink)
Man I wish they hurry up and release the dang thangs.

I feel like we’ll never see the regularly updating useful threads on the first page until this “i musts gets elite” ****e is over.

Sorry, just tired of sifting through all the fluff threads. Have a great weekend all.
SirKronan
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 330
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:31:27 (permalink)
So my sources online and in person are seeing the mining demand somewhat waning. ETH 1559 is due soon, and 2022 ETH will move to proof of stake (no more mining). Sure there are alt coins, but none are anywhere near the realm of profitability of ETH right now, even though ETH has been profiting 30-50% lower than what miners are used to. 

Guess which demand is not shrinking at all, and there seems to be next to NOTHING that we can do about it, sadly ...? 

Scalpers!

One of my friends camped at a microcenter last night, and nearly everyone in front of him (25 people) was buying a card with 100% intent to scalp selling online. Most buyers behind him admitted to only being there with the hope of scalping a card for a quick buck. The scalpers significantly outnumbered the miners and gamers COMBINED. 

By buying virtually all the supply they can, they leave gamers (and miners) that don't live close to a microcenter or luck out on a random best buy drop to have only one source: online scalped sales.

I was really hoping to see these mega scalped prices slow down. Some of my mining friends are even selling some of their cards because profitability is lowering and they're sick of camping or waiting or wearing out their F5 buttons hoping to get a card. But for some reason people keep paying eBay prices! As long as people keep doing that, scalpers are gonna keep camping by the hundred at microcenters and hiring bots to beat humans to any potential online MSRP sales. 

I used to think that miners were the ones lining up because I befriended a couple of miners months ago when I did my first campout overnight in front of a microcenter, hoping for a 3080 (I failed, lol). It seems like the vast majority of folk lining up are scalpers now. 

Current Temp Rig: Modded cheapo HP SFF gaming PC with AMD Ryzen 3600 + Arctic Freezer 7X, 32GB Crucial DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, incoming EVGA 3060 12GB. 400w HP Platinum PSU, 43" Asus XG438Q Gaming Monitor
nick_shl
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1073
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:32:48 (permalink)
aliop1That’s DRM for GPU’s as previously stated. This should NOT be done as this would set a terrible precedent. Great way to scare people away from Nvidia cards.
Mining limiter designed Nvidia as permanent solution that should never be unlocked for customers. And this limiter is not scare people away from Nvidia RTX 3060 at all. This DRM mechanism should not be used at all, it just a precaution measure in case if Nvidia will decide to give someone full mining power in future for some reason. And if they decide to unlock full power for everyone - they can release driver that can generate answer by itself without requesting server to do that.

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
h2ocaver
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 151
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:39:48 (permalink)
NVM
post edited by h2ocaver - 2021/04/30 11:44:09

Elite ID:   KJXNOD4ONP8QNRZK1XZR
Elite Ref Link:  https://www.evga.com/member/elite/?referralid=KJXNOD4ONP8QNRZK1XZR  

5800x @4.8 All Core  Custom Loop 3090 Eagle (sold)
I9 9900k @5.2 on H2O EVGA Z390 Kingpin 1080 Ti EVGA 1000w PSU
I5 8600K @4.90 EVGA Z370 FTW EVGA 1080 Ti
i7-920 @4.2 EVGA on H2O E760 Classy 2X GTX580 SLI ST1500 1500W
i3-550 EVGA H55V Intel Graphics
E6850 @3.7 on H2O EVGA 790i 8800GTS (G92) 512MB
E6850 @3.7 EVGA 680i 8800GTS (G92) 512MB
E6850 @3.6 EVGA 680i 8800 GT
defensor
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 253
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:42:06 (permalink)
h2ocaver
SirKronan
 The scalpers significantly outnumbered the miners and gamers COMBINED. 

I don't see how this works out mathematically. If the Suppliers out number the demanders, then who is buying from the suppliers?? 

I think he is referring to those in line at MC.  Though I could be wrong.

TheRealMikeVan
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:43:15 (permalink)
h2ocaver
SirKronan
 The scalpers significantly outnumbered the miners and gamers COMBINED. 

I don't see how this works out mathematically. If the Suppliers out number the demanders, then who is buying from the suppliers?? 

The suppliers?????

EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
Intel i7-9700k
Corsair HX1200i
Gigabyte Z390m Gaming
32GB 3200MHz DDR4 G. Skill Ripjaws V Series
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL White
Holybull
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:44:07 (permalink)
SirKronan
So my sources online and in person are seeing the mining demand somewhat waning. ETH 1559 is due soon, and 2022 ETH will move to proof of stake (no more mining). Sure there are alt coins, but none are anywhere near the realm of profitability of ETH right now, even though ETH has been profiting 30-50% lower than what miners are used to. 

Guess which demand is not shrinking at all, and there seems to be next to NOTHING that we can do about it, sadly ...? 

Scalpers!

One of my friends camped at a microcenter last night, and nearly everyone in front of him (25 people) was buying a card with 100% intent to scalp selling online. Most buyers behind him admitted to only being there with the hope of scalping a card for a quick buck. The scalpers significantly outnumbered the miners and gamers COMBINED. 

By buying virtually all the supply they can, they leave gamers (and miners) that don't live close to a microcenter or luck out on a random best buy drop to have only one source: online scalped sales.

I was really hoping to see these mega scalped prices slow down. Some of my mining friends are even selling some of their cards because profitability is lowering and they're sick of camping or waiting or wearing out their F5 buttons hoping to get a card. But for some reason people keep paying eBay prices! As long as people keep doing that, scalpers are gonna keep camping by the hundred at microcenters and hiring bots to beat humans to any potential online MSRP sales. 

I used to think that miners were the ones lining up because I befriended a couple of miners months ago when I did my first campout overnight in front of a microcenter, hoping for a 3080 (I failed, lol). It seems like the vast majority of folk lining up are scalpers now. 

On my local Offerup, there are a few sellers where you can see on their profile that they are selling multiple cards along with sneakers and other collectibles. What's a bit odd is that one guy seems to always have EVGA Black Series all the time.
dskx_16
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 199
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:45:46 (permalink)
Holybull
SirKronan

Scalpers!

On my local Offerup, there are a few sellers where you can see on their profile that they are selling multiple cards along with sneakers and other collectibles. What's a bit odd is that one guy seems to always have EVGA Black Series all the time.

That's why I'll never go on Offerup or Newegg.

~ May you always wear soft silks. ~
johcamp21
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 323
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:49:35 (permalink)
It's nvidia's product so they can do whatever they wish. People will buy it or not. They should not gloss over the fact that this demand will slow down at some point and if people move to other manufacturers due to what they consider restrictions on a product they will get comfortable and familiar with it enough that they may not ever worry about going back. I think they should give AIB's some say on whether they want their cards limited though. Kind of like they do with power limits, memory types, bios options etc.

It's like selling a vacuum to someone then telling them they can only clean carpets with it so they are welding the hose connections shut. The thing has an easy capability to do other productive things, but that was not what you intend as the manufacturer. Doesn't make much business sense but I guess Nvidia feels like it controls the sector so it says what will go and what wont. 

I think it's a great PR move right now and i think that's all it is. Alot of people out there are commending them for it, but the limiter hasn't done anything to increase stock as far as i can tell.

The rewards program is over - Sadge

Eric99
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 11:50:50 (permalink)
Holybull
SirKronan

Scalpers!

Those Step-up cards aren't going to B-stock....

aliop1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 237
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:01:08 (permalink)
nick_shl
aliop1That’s DRM for GPU’s as previously stated. This should NOT be done as this would set a terrible precedent. Great way to scare people away from Nvidia cards.
Mining limiter designed Nvidia as permanent solution that should never be unlocked for customers. And this limiter is not scare people away from Nvidia RTX 3060 at all. This DRM mechanism should not be used at all, it just a precaution measure in case if Nvidia will decide to give someone full mining power in future for some reason. And if they decide to unlock full power for everyone - they can release driver that can generate answer by itself without requesting server to do that.

I feel you shouldn’t limit what you can do with the cards. Miners are legitimate users and should be able to mine with the cards they buy. There is no reason whatsoever to limit mining on cards. It’s the scalpers, along with the unprecedented demand and the shortages. Before any BS about how Nvidia is doing a paper launch, look at their investor reports. No, it’s not a paper launch. Also, no I’m not a miner, I’m a VR player. I just feel that this could lead into a realm of specific line of cards for specific things: want unlocked vr capability? buy this series. Want to play games? buy this. Want to be able to have second hand sales? Buy this variant. It’s a slippery slope.

Edit: 25 posts til elite! So excited - I’ll have a decent chance at a current gen GPU (my 1070 mobile sucks ass at VR)
post edited by aliop1 - 2021/04/30 12:03:08
johcamp21
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 323
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:02:29 (permalink)
One more thing about all this is a fact I have learned from personal experience. Miners are a good outlet to resale old gaming cards. Before septemberish when someone brought in a PC for an upgrade with a 1060 or rx580 it was hard to get a decent price to sell it. Hell i posted several 1060's I had lying around on craigslist over the summer for $50. They stayed there for 2 weeks until a guy messaged me about them. He gave me more than my asking in exchange for letting him know if I had anymore older cards come through because he wanted to purchase them. I've sold him several dozens of older cards at this point. 

The rewards program is over - Sadge

nick_shl
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1073
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:23:01 (permalink)
aliop1I just feel that this could lead into a realm of specific line of cards for specific things: want unlocked vr capability? buy this series. Want to play games? buy this. Want to be able to have second hand sales? Buy this variant. It’s a slippery slope.
It is called marketing. This thing exists for many products within many years for now. As example: I bought Flir One Gen 3 on sale. Regular price is $199. Also there two other versions: Pro LT($299) and Pro($399). Pro version has better sensor. But if you compare specs for Gen 3 and Pro LT you'll find that specs the same. Why someone should pay $100 more? Because they lock some features in app! Actual difference between two: different design and two first digit in serial number. App just check serial number and allow to use additional features for Pro LT device.

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
RasTeX
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 193
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:42:39 (permalink)
SirKronan

Scalpers!

At the end I wonder who is buying from scalpers?
Lazy gamers and wealthy miners?
post edited by RasTeX - 2021/05/01 01:54:25
finaltouch68
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 226
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:42:47 (permalink)
Any drops today? I do not feel like going back on 50 posts to check.

RasTeX
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 193
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:45:26 (permalink)
nick_shl

Let's just hope that unlocking will not accidentally happen again, at least until the end of the year....
abagailsflorist
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:51:40 (permalink)
Signed up for the 3655 at 917am on launch day. Looks like it hasn't moved in over a month tho :(
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2366
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:57:31 (permalink)
finaltouch68

I haven't seen any.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
ShininoKage
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 12:58:57 (permalink)
So shocked.

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 10:01:13 AM PT No (00:02:16:39 away)
10G-P5-3897-RX 5/21/2021 9:42:18 AM PT No (B-stock) 
10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:33:17 AM PT No (00:00:23:00)
10G-P5-3888-KR 12/10/2020 9:18:56 AM PT No (00:00:06:09)
10G-P5-3895-KR 9/23/2020 10:45:26 AM PT No (02:00:48:07)
10G-P5-3897-KL 9/23/2020 10:45:11 AM PT No (00:18:35:24)
sabk11
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 173
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 13:01:05 (permalink)
Nike_7688
finaltouch68

I haven't seen any.

Yup looks like another dry Friday
ShininoKage
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 13:01:47 (permalink)
sabk11
Nike_7688
finaltouch68

I haven't seen any.

Yup looks like another dry Everyday

FTFY

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 10:01:13 AM PT No (00:02:16:39 away)
10G-P5-3897-RX 5/21/2021 9:42:18 AM PT No (B-stock) 
10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:33:17 AM PT No (00:00:23:00)
10G-P5-3888-KR 12/10/2020 9:18:56 AM PT No (00:00:06:09)
10G-P5-3895-KR 9/23/2020 10:45:26 AM PT No (02:00:48:07)
10G-P5-3897-KL 9/23/2020 10:45:11 AM PT No (00:18:35:24)
Bora1114
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 403
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/04/30 13:06:08 (permalink)
Maybe the shipments are coming in slower as Nvidia shifts over production to the modified dies. 
Page: << < ..11561157115811591160.. > >> Showing page 1157 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile