EVGA

AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..596597598599600.. > >> Showing page 599 of 2018
Author
Dr.David
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 11:51:46 (permalink)
Ah man I thought today was supposed to be an unleashing of the flood gates! I doubt there will be any “major” movement following the holidays.
sleevin
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 11:57:41 (permalink)
Dr.David
Ah man I thought today was supposed to be an unleashing of the flood gates! I doubt there will be any “major” movement following the holidays.

Jacob mentioned on twitter that there will be some progress "this week" but is vague on details.
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:03:25 (permalink)
sleevin
Dr.David

Jacob mentioned on twitter that there will be some progress "this week" but is vague on details.

My hope is that they are organizing the cards they received over the last two weeks or so while they were shut down and that drops will resume tomorrow.  But then, I'm an optimist.    

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

sleevin
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:04:12 (permalink)
enewt
sleevin
Dr.David

My hope is that they are organizing the cards they received over the last two weeks or so while they were shut down and that drops will resume tomorrow.  But then, I'm an optimist.    

That's what i'm hoping for as well as i'm probably in the next batch of the 3897s :)
YaroKasear
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:05:16 (permalink)
sleevin
enewt
sleevin
Dr.David

That's what i'm hoping for as well as i'm probably in the next batch of the 3897s :)

What would be cool is if EVGA were to livestream their warehouse. I'd watch. Sounds fun.
xeddex
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:10:39 (permalink)
YaroKasear

What would be cool is if EVGA were to livestream their warehouse. I'd watch. Sounds fun.

Sad but true; I would watch it as well.  Then we would end up on this tread with everyone giving a play-by-play of the warehouse. "Hey can anyone make out what model is stacked on the far left pallet that dude with the mohawk is pushing?",  "Do pallets on the back left mean they're incoming or is that outgoing?"

Associate Code: 23S8AA3RDEC6NOL

10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:09:59 AM PT No 
10G-P5-3888-KR 12/16/2020 4:29:05 AM PT No
24G-P5-3987-KR 10/5/2020 8:41:49 PM PT Yes (passed on it)
10G-P5-3897-KR 9/26/2020 6:02:30 AM PT No
10G-P5-3895-KR 9/26/2020 6:02:16 AM PT No
10G-P5-3885-KR 9/20/2020 6:09:36 AM PT No
10G-P5-3883-KR 9/20/2020 6:09:26 AM PT No
10G-P5-3881-KR 9/20/2020 6:09:05 AM PT No

mobhill
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 189
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:15:29 (permalink)
I'm amused by the people who think EVGA could have "easily" avoided all the problems they've had. LOL! Hey, I know! Nvidia should have made more chips to send out! Problem solved, why didn't they think of that?!?  
pclausen
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 197
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:16:54 (permalink)
It would be depressing to see a pallet with a 100 cards on it show up on the livecam, have 5 pulled off the for queue, and the other 95 going right back out to newegg/amazon/bestbuy...  
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2378
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:17:41 (permalink)
Good Luck Everyone
svnipp
  • Total Posts : 97
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:21:59 (permalink)
enewt
sleevin
Dr.David

Hopefully they are busy today adding extra capacity and load balancing for the flood of orders they will be receiving tomorrow!  

We can dream, right?!?!
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 12:22:59 (permalink)
svnipp

Hopefully they are busy today adding extra capacity and load balancing for the flood of orders they will be receiving tomorrow!  

We can dream, right?!?!

#YesWeCan

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

pgagoober
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:17:17 (permalink)
Whilst I greatly appreciate that EVGA has even created this queue system in the first place, I sincerely hope they and other manufacturers are giving serious thought to how to combat this bot-driven scalping we are all suffering from. If it were my call, I would not be shipping cards to resellers that are not doing everything in their power to shut down this anti-consumer scenario we are having to deal with. I realize they likely have distribution contracts in place that could prevent any short-term allocation adjustments, but what EVGA and their competitors need to realize is consumer loyalty is at stake. EVGA seem to be the only ones doing anything to help us, and I am certainly grateful for that, but there is a massive opportunity here to really grab a large chunk of consumer goodwill and loyalty. I hope the manufacturers start to realize just how much they can gain by putting us, their actual buyers, first.
mobhill
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 189
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:26:20 (permalink)
pgagoober
Whilst I greatly appreciate that EVGA has even created this queue system in the first place, I sincerely hope they and other manufacturers are giving serious thought to how to combat this bot-driven scalping we are all suffering from. If it were my call, I would not be shipping cards to resellers that are not doing everything in their power to shut down this anti-consumer scenario we are having to deal with. I realize they likely have distribution contracts in place that could prevent any short-term allocation adjustments, but what EVGA and their competitors need to realize is consumer loyalty is at stake. EVGA seem to be the only ones doing anything to help us, and I am certainly grateful for that, but there is a massive opportunity here to really grab a large chunk of consumer goodwill and loyalty. I hope the manufacturers start to realize just how much they can gain by putting us, their actual buyers, first.

This is a good idea imo. When reseller contracts are renewed, clauses could be added about bot protection. And I don't mean token bot protection, I mean significant steps taken to reduce botting/reselling.
Hamburger the kid
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:33:34 (permalink)
pgagoober

I mean....you phrased it well as "anti-consumer", because that is what it is.  At the end of the day, it benefits far more parties than it harms.  Examples:
1.  If you buy a scalped card off amazon, you pay tax on that purchase.  So the government collects tax when the scalper buys it, then they collect tax a second time when you buy it.
2.  EVGA (and pretty much every company as far as I know) only honor their warranty to the initial buyer.  So if you buy the card from a scalper, and then in fries a week later, you're out of luck because EVGA will ask you for the invoice from the registered distributor.  So, while EVGA's warranty is best in class, they won't have to honor it in this case.
3.  Nvidia/EVGA are still getting paid, regardless of who buys the card.

So at the end of the day, it's just the consumer getting beat up all day long.  I agree they'd snag some goodwill by instituting some policy, but it might not be in their best interest when it comes to margin. 
deadmonkies
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:38:05 (permalink)
Hamburger the kid
pgagoober
So at the end of the day, it's just the consumer getting beat up all day long.  I agree they'd snag some goodwill by instituting some policy, but it might not be in their best interest when it comes to margin. 

I'm not sure I understand how it would be NOT in their best interest either though. Aside from the overhead of running a queue or some other sort of anti-bot mechanism (which they're already doing) the only additional cost to EVGA would be the potential of more RMA cases that they'd have to honor, which they should already be including in their budgets.

12G-P5-3655-KR 2/25/2021 9:34:13 AM PT No
12G-P5-3657-KR 2/25/2021 9:33:00 AM PT Yes
10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:06:54 AM PT No
10G-P5-3897-KR 12/16/2020 5:27:35 AM PT No
pgagoober
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:42:36 (permalink)
Hamburger the kid

2.  EVGA (and pretty much every company as far as I know) only honor their warranty to the initial buyer.  So if you buy the card from a scalper, and then in fries a week later, you're out of luck because EVGA will ask you for the invoice from the registered distributor.  So, while EVGA's warranty is best in class, they won't have to honor it in this case.

think EVGA will also honor the warranty for the 2nd buyer but I'm open to correction on that. I went looking at their warranty the other day wondering if in fact those buying from scalpers are out of luck. Didn't read that way to me.

That is certainly another way that EVGA or others could put some small dent in the scalping. Make a definitive statement that such purchases are immediately out of warranty. I think that could hurt them in terms of good will however. Best to just cut out the scalping altogether and eliminate the warranty question.

Hamburger the kid

True, and I don't think any of us are under any illusion that Nvidia give a crap. They probably love the current situation would be my guess. I have never once gotten the impression that Nvidia gives even the slightest consideration for end-users.

However, I gotta wonder if EVGA were to sell only direct to consumers.... there could be a big win there for them. Everything sells at MSRP, no cut to resellers. There are probably gotchas there, but there is certainly something to consider...

YaroKasear
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:46:00 (permalink)
pgagoober
Hamburger the kid

think EVGA will also honor the warranty for the 2nd buyer but I'm open to correction on that. I went looking at their warranty the other day wondering if in fact those buying from scalpers are out of luck. Didn't read that way to me.

That is certainly another way that EVGA or others could put some small dent in the scalping. Make a definitive statement that such purchases are immediately out of warranty. I think that could hurt them in terms of good will however. Best to just cut out the scalping altogether and eliminate the warranty question.

Hamburger the kid

True, and I don't think any of us are under any illusion that Nvidia give a crap. They probably love the current situation would be my guess. I have never once gotten the impression that Nvidia gives even the slightest consideration for end-users.

However, I gotta wonder if EVGA were to sell only direct to consumers.... there could be a big win there for them. Everything sells at MSRP, no cut to resellers. There are probably gotchas there, but there is certainly something to consider...

This really comes down to how much EVGA makes from retailers vs. direct consumer purchases. I personally would love to see EVGA go direct to consumers. 

While I think we'd still be in queues right now, it could be that we'd be waiting days as opposed to weeks/months for our notification emails.
Hamburger the kid
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:46:22 (permalink)
deadmonkies
Hamburger the kid
pgagoober

I'm not sure I understand how it would be NOT in their best interest either though. Aside from the overhead of running a queue or some other sort of anti-bot mechanism (which they're already doing) the only additional cost to EVGA would be the potential of more RMA cases that they'd have to honor, which they should already be including in their budgets.

I mean, besides the money reasons I called out, there is also the cost of systems implementation.  What system would they implement with their certified distributors?  Who would police it, and by what standard?  Implementing all of that takes labor hours and manpower, versus just sitting back and collecting a bigger margin with less warranties to honor like they are now.  Again, they are top-level as far as customer service goes, so I'm not saying they wouldn't do something like that; I'm just saying it might not make sense, fiscally.  
Hamburger the kid
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:48:53 (permalink)
pgagoober
Hamburger the kid

Hamburger the kid

Yeah, I'm not 100% on #2 above either.  There is a slight chance they do honor it, since they're best-in-class, but I do know most companies specifically do not.  I suppose I could pull up their warranty statement, but that would take effort. :-)
pgagoober
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 13:54:18 (permalink)
Looks like there is definitely warranty available for the 2nd buyer.

Hmm - tried to link to another thread here but it failed....

Maybe a permissions thing? Anyway, you can search for "Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ" under "General Forum" -> "EVGA Warranty Questions" section.

post edited by pgagoober - 2021/01/04 13:59:52
_7ucky_
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 116
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 14:09:19 (permalink)
Any details on whether or not the next batch will in fact be bigger than the average weekly drop? I'm with y'all in thinking that'd be the case since they weren't being shipped out for the past two weeks, but I'm just wondering if Jacob actually confirmed. Well, to the extent he can confirm such things.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900k @5.1Ghz
GPU: RTX EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB
RAM: 2x 16GB CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO (3200)
SSDs: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Monitor: Acer Predator X34P (120hz TN)
Louis Ayers
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 14:19:53 (permalink)
_7ucky_
Any details on whether or not the next batch will in fact be bigger than the average weekly drop? I'm with y'all in thinking that'd be the case since they weren't being shipped out for the past two weeks, but I'm just wondering if Jacob actually confirmed. Well, to the extent he can confirm such things.

Definitely something I'd like to know, too.
coldrain85
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 439
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 14:24:47 (permalink)
enewt
sleevin
Dr.David

Indeed. I figured that it would take them a day to inventory what arrived during the holiday. Work has piled up for sure. Drops should resume tomorrow.

10G-P5-3898-KR    12/16/2020    9:08:44 AM PT   Yes  (Purchased on 6/8/2021)
12G-P5-3968-KR   6/3/2021   8:52:51 AM PT      Yes (Purchased on 1/5/2022)
deadmonkies
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 14:24:50 (permalink)
Hamburger the kid
I mean, besides the money reasons I called out, there is also the cost of systems implementation.  What system would they implement with their certified distributors?  Who would police it, and by what standard?  Implementing all of that takes labor hours and manpower, versus just sitting back and collecting a bigger margin with less warranties to honor like they are now.  Again, they are top-level as far as customer service goes, so I'm not saying they wouldn't do something like that; I'm just saying it might not make sense, fiscally.  

Hamburger the kid
Examples:
1.  If you buy a scalped card off amazon, you pay tax on that purchase.  So the government collects tax when the scalper buys it, then they collect tax a second time when you buy it.

1) EVGA doesn't get the tax money no matter what they do, so it doesn't matter to them.
2) At least one person in this discussion seems to think that EVGA will honor at least some warranties for second hand buyers. I have no idea if that's true, but if they aren't already budgeting for some amount of RMA cases based on internal MTBF testing, they're not doing The Business™ right.
3) You already said that they are already getting paid.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but your examples seem like non-issues to me, fiscally. At the end of the day, none of us know what EVGA's internal business logic looks like, but I think we can all agree that they want to get paid. Unless you have some convincing reasons to think they are actively working against their end users, I don't see why we should think they are, since we are their source of income.

12G-P5-3655-KR 2/25/2021 9:34:13 AM PT No
12G-P5-3657-KR 2/25/2021 9:33:00 AM PT Yes
10G-P5-3898-KR 12/16/2020 9:06:54 AM PT No
10G-P5-3897-KR 12/16/2020 5:27:35 AM PT No
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 14:42:46 (permalink)
Like I said in a previous post, sometime in the last week, they changed the warehouse/fully reopening date from the 4th to the 5th.  We can hope that's in response to a large number of cards they will ship out in groups over the next few days, but who knows.

Best case scenario, we get big drops the next 4 days.  Worst case scenario, they didn't receive anything over the holiday & today's extra day was to deal with product they received TODAY, and tomorrow will be a big drop.

Either way O_O I watch and I wait for that sweet 3998 notification to come through.

Edit: eVGA does warranty second hand cards under certain conditions, look it up, by the way... there's also multiple ways for honest sellers to help the buyer of said resold card get warranty, either by the seller handling it (registering the card & keeping warranty for the remaining years of the warranty, which is what I offered the people that bought my resold cards), or if they wanna be dodgy they can send the original invoice to the buyer & the buyer can hope eVGA will honor it when the name on the invoice is different than the name on the shipping address for any RMA issues... of course, you can always claim it was bought as a gift at that point.  So the warranty argument is kinda silly as a "reason why NVidia etc don't care" point, specifically in eVGA's case.
post edited by Dabadger84 - 2021/01/04 14:47:25

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

Larac
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 336
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 14:51:15 (permalink)
EAuer
djcarr1
YaroKasear
djcarr1
transdogmifier
Larac
I have little hope left to be honest.

New Models are released, new queue is started, old ones are not filled rinse and repeat.

That is the pattern EVGA is following, at some point they have to actually tell us if the old models are dead.

Then maybe they will offer the new models to the folks waiting since 9/16.

It would be nice to be wrong.

ya know, eVGA doesn't make the GPU chips...it goes with what NV ships to it.

It's not a pattern that eVGA is following, it's a path that's been laid out for it.

Stop blaming eVGA.

Chip availability has nothing to do with Evga allocating very little to the queue. The queue has been a ****show and it all could have been avoided easily. 

You have no way of knowing how little is being allocated to the queue, unless you have some internal numbers you're not sharing with anyone.

Sorry was distracted by like the 10th Evga drop of 3090 FTW cards in the last 2 weeks on amazon just now, just like the daily drop on Newegg and worldwide while the queue gets like next to nothing. 

Leave the que. It seems to make you very upset. Problem solved.

Keep pumping out this stuff, you will have your 100 posts in no time.
ericc191
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 707
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 15:12:28 (permalink)
Let's all remember we're in this together lol.

Heatware
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @5GHz 1.28v
Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB
Mobo: Asus Z390i Gaming
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Royal 16GB 3200MHz
SSD: Intel 660P 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 1TB M.2
GPU: EVGA GTX 2080 Ti (Custom Hybrid) 2150MHz
PSU: Corsair HX1000i
Case: White Caselabs(RIP) Mercury S3
Display: Alienware AW3418DW 21:9 120Hz GSync
Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless
Keyboard: Max Keyboard Blackbird
Audio: Infinity IL10 paired to SA-50 amp
tamalero
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 151
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 15:15:16 (permalink)
Larac
EAuer
djcarr1
YaroKasear
djcarr1
transdogmifier
Larac
I have little hope left to be honest.

New Models are released, new queue is started, old ones are not filled rinse and repeat.

That is the pattern EVGA is following, at some point they have to actually tell us if the old models are dead.

Then maybe they will offer the new models to the folks waiting since 9/16.

It would be nice to be wrong.

ya know, eVGA doesn't make the GPU chips...it goes with what NV ships to it.

It's not a pattern that eVGA is following, it's a path that's been laid out for it.

Stop blaming eVGA.

Chip availability has nothing to do with Evga allocating very little to the queue. The queue has been a ****show and it all could have been avoided easily. 

You have no way of knowing how little is being allocated to the queue, unless you have some internal numbers you're not sharing with anyone.

Sorry was distracted by like the 10th Evga drop of 3090 FTW cards in the last 2 weeks on amazon just now, just like the daily drop on Newegg and worldwide while the queue gets like next to nothing. 

Leave the que. It seems to make you very upset. Problem solved.

Keep pumping out this stuff, you will have your 100 posts in no time.

Well.. He's kinda right. The only thing we can do is brace yourselves and maybe at most complain. But availability is not going to change with complaining.

robertdinh
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 139
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 15:51:10 (permalink)
They are saying that some gpu exclusion from tariff has expired and that prices across the board are going to be going up.  If that's true that's going to really be unfortunate for a situation that has already left many people quite frustrated.
deadly_silence
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 242
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2021/01/04 15:52:24 (permalink)
robertdinh
They are saying that some gpu exclusion from tariff has expired and that prices across the board are going to be going up.  If that's true that's going to really be unfortunate for a situation that has already left many people quite frustrated.

Prices have already gone up for other brands

So that 3080ti not going be 1200 no more.
Page: << < ..596597598599600.. > >> Showing page 599 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile