EVGA should start selling AMD.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
hellshocker
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 180
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/27 07:13:39 (permalink)
most of EVGA customers here are diehard Nvidia fanboys you really think EVGA is going to shoot themselves in the foot by going darkside and start selling AMD cards to when they know if they did they would piss off almost all of them and they would go running to the other brands that would damage their sells.   I wouldn't mind it myself but we live in a world where the needs of many outweigh needs of a few so we are never going to see EVGA selling AMD cards.  If I'm not mistaken EVGA did ask AMD about this and they told them no in the past.

P55 Classified 200,  CPU: I7 875k @ 4.2 GHz's, EVGA GTX 980 ti hybrid + Obsidian 900D, EK Supreme HF block, black ice gtx xtreme 360,  corsair dominator platinum 8GB 1600MHz,  sound blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty, supernova 1000 p2.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6118
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/27 07:57:05 (permalink)
hellshocker
most of EVGA customers here are diehard Nvidia fanboys you really think EVGA is going to shoot themselves in the foot by going darkside and start selling AMD cards to when they know if they did they would piss off almost all of them and they would go running to the other brands that would damage their sells.   I wouldn't mind it myself but we live in a world where the needs of many outweigh needs of a few so we are never going to see EVGA selling AMD cards.  If I'm not mistaken EVGA did ask AMD about this and they told them no in the past.

It wouldn't anger me if they did. I just wouldn't buy any of the ATi (AMD) cards. They're junk to me. Never work correctly out of the box..

Nvidia does. Never had an issue that I didn't create myself.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

eikast
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 708
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/27 09:51:04 (permalink)
Why would EVGA spend money on selling other products when most of their customers are Intel/Nvidia enthusiast users?
Besides Asus is horrible when compared to EVGA in terms of customer service. I don't want EVGA to change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=70164
i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz 1.28V
eVGA Titan X SC 1380 MhZ boost core clock.
Switech MCR140-X Drive
EK Titan X waterblock
16 GB G.Skill 1600 MHz 
MSI Z77a-gd55
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD
1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Logitech G502 
Sennheiser PC 350 SE
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (Battlefield 4 edition)
Razer Destructor 2 (Battlefield 4 edition)
Asus Xonar Essence Stx
Acer XB280HK
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/27 17:14:10 (permalink)
eikast
Why would EVGA spend money on selling other products when most of their customers are Intel/Nvidia enthusiast users?
Besides Asus is horrible when compared to EVGA in terms of customer service. I don't want EVGA to change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, to increase market share for starters. How would it break EVGA? They would just be selling more products. They have already expanded with PSU's, cases and even mice...
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/27 17:38:01 (permalink)
chrisdglong
eikast

Well, to increase market share for starters. How would it break EVGA? They would just be selling more products. They have already expanded with PSU's, cases and even mice...

That's just it, it's not increasing market share, it's cannibalizing existing market. You turn into your own competitor when you sell both sides of the fence. In an ideal world where product never sits in a warehouse because X brand is preferential to Y brand selling at the moment, you guys would make sense. The real world of product sales with physical hardware isn't so ideal. What you are suggesting is EVGA double their warehouse size and take a loss in inventory based  on whatever is most popular at the moment. Sounds like a bad business decision to me.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2015/05/27 17:40:47
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/27 19:28:06 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
chrisdglong
eikast

That's just it, it's not increasing market share, it's cannibalizing existing market. You turn into your own competitor when you sell both sides of the fence. In an ideal world where product never sits in a warehouse because X brand is preferential to Y brand selling at the moment, you guys would make sense. The real world of product sales with physical hardware isn't so ideal. What you are suggesting is EVGA double their warehouse size and take a loss in inventory based  on whatever is most popular at the moment. Sounds like a bad business decision to me.

When I decide to try out AMD's new lineup, I can't buy it from my favorite graphics card company... I have to give my money to Asus, or XFX... How many AMD fanboys would jump from Asus, MSI, XFX... To buy from EVGA, arguably the best customer service company in the industry? The only reason that I could see it not being a good move, is pushback from Nvidia and maybe if the profit margins are significantly worse for AMD branded cards... The latter I would have to question, as XFX sure thought there were profits in AMD cards. 

For your logic, companies analyze data to project demand and make informed decisions to determine how much inventory to stock... That is not product specific. 
post edited by chrisdglong - 2015/05/27 19:32:32
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/28 19:04:47 (permalink)
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
chrisdglong
Fanboys always say no... But, consumers always say yes! Fermi came out, meanwhile... AMD partners had already released the vapor chamber... What did Nvidia do? Released the vapor chamber... Sorry, Nvidia fanboys, but I will go with AMD next. Nvidia is crap lately. HBM... Where is Nvidia? Years later, we will see HBM... Just like years later we finally found multi-monitor support done properly... meaning, after Eyefinity. I had three monitors and AMD was allowing Eyefinity, while Nvidia had nothing... I had to go with WSGF's solution.

Nvidia already thought of HBM last year and wasnt going to release it until their Pascal series. Nvidia tends to follow the "trend" of technology, and wants to keep it at the consumers wants/needs. Nvidia could have launched HBM, but we were not ready for it last year.

We weren't what? 
I thought it was a brand new JEDEC memory spec co-developed by SK Hynix and AMD...
I understand that the Pascal GPU will use a 2nd gen version of the HBM in 2016-17 but how were we not ready for Nvidia to release HMB last year if Hynix and AMD just developed it?

Nvidia might just be a step behind AMD for the next 2 generations of cards. From the looks of AMDs road map it looks like they will release their "Arctic Islands" (or what ever name they give) GPU the same year Pascal is released. At that point AMD will also be using 2nd gen HBM and will have even more experience with how HBM behaves then Nvidia. 

OR Im completely wrong and I would like to see a few articles on Nvidia's HBM development.
(any body can post them to me, thanks.)

Hypothetically speaking, do you really think your 3770k would be able to put out what the Pascal is going to offer you, if they were released in 2014?
When Pascal comes out, anybody that has any system releated to Ivybridge/Haswell, is going to have to upgrade their processor to support the bandwidth of HBM or what Pascal will offer, because the bandwidtch is going to surpass what today's processors are capable of. This is technology, it's been like this for years. It's just now the GPUs have jumped seriously fast.

HBM will run up to 640GB/sec
PCIe 2.0 8x and 16x should be able to handle that in real life.
I think the 2012 Ivy Bridge i7 CPUs had PCIe 3.0 controllers?
I think, anyone with more knowledge on PCIe and CPU bandwidth can chime in here.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/29 02:11:35 (permalink)
chrisdglong
Brad_Hawthorne
chrisdglong
eikast

When I decide to try out AMD's new lineup, I can't buy it from my favorite graphics card company... I have to give my money to Asus, or XFX... How many AMD fanboys would jump from Asus, MSI, XFX... To buy from EVGA, arguably the best customer service company in the industry? The only reason that I could see it not being a good move, is pushback from Nvidia and maybe if the profit margins are significantly worse for AMD branded cards... The latter I would have to question, as XFX sure thought there were profits in AMD cards. 

For your logic, companies analyze data to project demand and make informed decisions to determine how much inventory to stock... That is not product specific. 

I like EVGA customer service. I like AMD because of Eyefinity and their adoption rate of DisplayPort. What you suggest would be consumer friendly. It would not be company friendly though. My day job is Product Manager for another company. I'm sort of aware what companies do for cost analysis and projected cost. You're proposing product diversification while I'm proposing the product line KISS principle. 
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2015/05/29 02:16:40
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/29 04:38:46 (permalink)
It's not problem buying AMD chip, but what you get in games.
Only sharp picture and washed colors without physX and off course lag and heating and 70-100MHz OC usually.
post edited by Vlada011 - 2015/05/29 04:39:51

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/29 07:45:01 (permalink)
chrisdglong
eikast

How do you figure, AMD is loosing market share everyday to Nvidia, the 390x likely wont turn that around, ever since DX10 Nvidia has been ready for AMD. You can have HBM ect but if it doesn't offer an advantage over more traditional methods why spend the money to deploy it. By that logic they should have built lawn mowers with turbos.
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/29 14:37:00 (permalink)
EVGA used to offer many NVIDIA models and EVGA become famous because they OC cards as TITAN Black, TITAN Z, TITAN X.
When new series show up they almost sold all cards from previous series.
Radeon chips will stay on their shelves and I doubt someone will pay same price as stronger NVIDIA for some EVGA custom Radeon. They could sold some of them to people who used on Radeons, but that's not some big quantity.
More gamers will rather pay reference NVIDIA than custom Radeon.
That's investing in market with only 25-30% of gamers and NVIDIA will not look on EVGA as before.
Future of AMD is under question and who knows what will they make for 4-5 years.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 06:27:22 (permalink)
seth89
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
chrisdglong
Fanboys always say no... But, consumers always say yes! Fermi came out, meanwhile... AMD partners had already released the vapor chamber... What did Nvidia do? Released the vapor chamber... Sorry, Nvidia fanboys, but I will go with AMD next. Nvidia is crap lately. HBM... Where is Nvidia? Years later, we will see HBM... Just like years later we finally found multi-monitor support done properly... meaning, after Eyefinity. I had three monitors and AMD was allowing Eyefinity, while Nvidia had nothing... I had to go with WSGF's solution.

Nvidia already thought of HBM last year and wasnt going to release it until their Pascal series. Nvidia tends to follow the "trend" of technology, and wants to keep it at the consumers wants/needs. Nvidia could have launched HBM, but we were not ready for it last year.

We weren't what? 
I thought it was a brand new JEDEC memory spec co-developed by SK Hynix and AMD...
I understand that the Pascal GPU will use a 2nd gen version of the HBM in 2016-17 but how were we not ready for Nvidia to release HMB last year if Hynix and AMD just developed it?

Nvidia might just be a step behind AMD for the next 2 generations of cards. From the looks of AMDs road map it looks like they will release their "Arctic Islands" (or what ever name they give) GPU the same year Pascal is released. At that point AMD will also be using 2nd gen HBM and will have even more experience with how HBM behaves then Nvidia. 

OR Im completely wrong and I would like to see a few articles on Nvidia's HBM development.

Hypothetically speaking, do you really think your 3770k would be able to put out what the Pascal is going to offer you, if they were released in 2014?
When Pascal comes out, anybody that has any system releated to Ivybridge/Haswell, is going to have to upgrade their processor to support the bandwidth of HBM or what Pascal will offer, because the bandwidtch is going to surpass what today's processors are capable of. This is technology, it's been like this for years. It's just now the GPUs have jumped seriously fast.

I think, anyone with more knowledge on PCIe and CPU bandwidth can chime in here.

Yes, Ivy Bridge had PCIE 3.0 controllers, but so did Sandybridge (previous line) upon release, and during that release time, there were no PCIE 3.0 GPUs. This was just an example I was bringing up about technology. What i'm speculating is - I dont think that the processors that we have will be enough to bring out full potentional of HBM or what Pascal will bringing out when they arrive. I think that Intel and AMD will have to really bring out something big to push the potentional of them both. We'll have to wait and see.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/05/30 06:30:59

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 06:37:47 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
stalinx20
Brad_Hawthorne
stalinx20

That statement makes absolutely no sense to me... I guess we're lucky you're not doing marketing for Nvidia.

It makes perfect sense. We don't have the tech to support Pascal....

What exactly happened when PCIE 3.0 was introduced? they couldnt even test it out because there were no GPUs that had PCIE 3.0 when PCIE 3.0 was released. Same is going to happen with Pascal... your Processor will be your biggest bottleneck. GPUs (Both AMD/Nvidia) are going to surprass the CPU very quickly, and when that happens, Intel/AMD is going to have to step up and fully redesign their processors with a different material, or a different form of architecture to meet the new GPUs, for both AMD/Nvidia. This isnt some new myth or something. You will have to buy that new processor to match what Pascal shows, the "3770k" will then be the "Pentium".

Sounds nice in theory, but you're proposing a chicken-egg logical fallacy. Doesn't matter which comes first, but one of them does have to come before the other. Nothing keeps you from purchasing the GPU before the CPU and still enjoying the hardware. Also, theory-crafting about keeping tech to what the consumer wants/needs has never been Nvidia's strong suit. They release what they want to and market why someone should want it. SLI, PhysX, CUDA, G-Sync, 3D Vision Kit, Surround, etc... none of those were consumer requests.

You're right. For once it would be nice if Nvidia PR reached out to their audience (like a Band does for their fans) and ask the people what they  want from for buying their products. "What new tech would you want to see for using our GPUs?"
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/05/30 06:40:50

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 06:55:39 (permalink)
chrisdglong
eikast

I think what Eikast is trying to say is the reason Asus is garbage is because they got their hands in too much. What happens when a manager at a business tries to micromanage everything? They break. Stick with what you're good at, and your people will be happy. And this is what may happen if EVGA steps into AMD. They'll "break" and they'll lose their customers.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/05/30 06:57:28

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 07:12:54 (permalink)
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
chrisdglong

We weren't what? 

Yes, Ivy Bridge had PCIE 3.0 controllers, but so did Sandybridge (previous line) upon release, and during that release time, there were no PCIE 3.0 GPUs. This was just an example I was bringing up about technology. What i'm speculating is - I dont think that the processors that we have will be enough to bring out full potentional of HBM or what Pascal will bringing out when they arrive. I think that Intel and AMD will have to really bring out something big to push the potentional of them both. We'll have to wait and see.

So back to the begging, how where "we" not ready ready for Nvidia HBM last year? There were pcie2 and 3 ready mother boards and processors.
HBM wasn't invented yet, Nvidia wasnt just sitting on Pascal bc our chicken brains would explode from that much bandwidth. 😝

As for boddel necking, I don't think so. Especially bc DX12 will make our gpus do most of the work. Have you seen the benchmarks with dual core systems running as fast as quad cores.

seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 07:30:45 (permalink)
Vlada011
Only sharp picture and washed colors without physX and off course lag and heating and 70-100MHz OC usually.

What?
Amd denied evga and any addition manufacturers bc they didnt want to have too many brands. They thought 8 was enough.

Sharp picture? The cards do 4k and produce more colors than we can see. The rest is up to the monitor.

Physx? I had physx before most people. I paid 300 bucks for a BFG PPU by ageia. Made playing FEAR awesome. But nividia snatched it up (and thats ok. i dont blame them, its awesome). But they havent shared it with anyone so game developers dont use it. This makes physx null and void in any argument.

Lag and heating?
What lag from video cards are you talking about? Lag is a network issue.
Amd had one hot card, nvidia also had one hot card (gtx480). That one hot amd card is no longer hot bc it comes with a better cooler. That 480 never got an improvment, just stayed hot.

70-100MHz OC?
I OC the heck out of three 290s to get a better Future mark score. I did it with ease with a built in slider tool too.
Just stop posting on evga unless you can back up the noise you post.

-posted from my mobile.

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 07:49:20 (permalink)
seth89
Vlada011

What?
Amd denied evga and any addition manufacturers bc they didnt want to have too many brands. They thought 8 was enough.

Sharp picture? The cards do 4k and produce more colors than we can see. The rest is up to the monitor.

Physx? I had physx before most people. I paid 300 bucks for a BFG PPU by ageia. Made playing FEAR awesome. But nividia snatched it up (and thats ok. i dont blame them, its awesome). But they havent shared it with anyone so game developers dont use it. This makes physx null and void in any argument.

Lag and heating?
What lag from video cards are you talking about? Lag is a network issue.
Amd had one hot card, nvidia also had one hot card (gtx480). That one hot amd card is no longer hot bc it comes with a better cooler. That 480 never got an improvment, just stayed hot.

70-100MHz OC?
I OC the heck out of three 290s to get a better Future mark score. I did it with ease with a built in slider tool too.
Just stop posting on evga unless you can back up the noise you post.

-posted from my mobile.

Please don't argue with him, you will lose 10-15 IQ. I know I fell prey to it.

My 290x (prior to me burning it up by accidentally turning the fan off) would never get over 70c during gaming. Most 670/680/770/780 gets 75-80c with the fan on full blast.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 08:29:18 (permalink)
seth89
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
chrisdglong

We weren't what? 

So back to the begging, how where "we" not ready ready for Nvidia HBM last year? There were pcie2 and 3 ready mother boards and processors.
HBM wasn't invented yet, Nvidia wasnt just sitting on Pascal bc our chicken brains would explode from that much bandwidth. 😝

As for boddel necking, I don't think so. Especially bc DX12 will make our gpus do most of the work. Have you seen the benchmarks with dual core systems running as fast as quad cores.

There may have been PCIE 3.0 motherboards on the release of sandybridge at the time, but there was not a single PCIE 3.0 ready GPU when PCIE 3.0 launched. No i did not see any reviews showing a dual core was as fast as a quad core, but i definately need to look at those. It should be interesting to see. I never said that HBM was not "invented" but Nvidia already had the idea of doing it last year before they released 9xx series.  I was speculating (no proof) that when HBM or Pascal are fully released that today's processors would not be "equal" to the bandwidth that these GPUs are capable of.
Oh ya, don't get your hopes up on this DX12, at least until Developers start using it.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/05/30 08:44:09

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1735
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 08:30:53 (permalink)
HBM... It's not that "Were" Not ready for it. It's the fact HBM in it's current state has a MAXIMUM of 4GB. Everyone and their brother in here will tell you that at 4K..its not Bandwidth.. its MEMORY itself that's required at 4K and beyond.

Their-For nVidia went with GDDR5 because of the fact it supports up to 8GB/12GB while still offering around 366GB/s in data transfer.

As far as EVGA Selling AMD based items... AMD has absolutely CRAP when it comes to hardware market size. Have you seen what AMD has for GPU's? Have you seen their Processor market?? If not.. you may want to.

EVGA is a company that wants to do business. Doing business with both of the majority of the market share holders is what brings them money. Cutting into a quarter of a market would be useless for them on both Motherboards AND GPU's.

AMD's GPU market is like 28% According to STEAM and it's CPU market is 25% Where's the money in selling Minority vs Majority? If they manufactured AMD GPU/CPU it would most likely hardly cover R&D Costs.
post edited by Squall_Rinoa86 - 2015/05/31 11:53:55

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 09:50:33 (permalink)
It's not problem who is fan of EVGA, AMD, NVIDIA and what they wish... Pushing one not so big company to enter in job with manufacturer of graphic processor who keep same driver 160 days and hold 24% of market at this moment only because that company made special and excellent hardware with NVIDIA Graphic processors is not smart. Even if everything is OK from AMD side that would not be same relationship with NVIDIA anymore.
Why Galaxy not start to produce Radeon, or Sapphire GeForce.
Later nobody can't blame EVGA if some other company start to offer first cards with more video memory or similar things.
But yes I agree EVGA could improve number of sold Radeons if they start to produce them. Nobody could predict how much but probably for 10-15% for sure.
EVGA could lose much more than NVIDIA, because NVIDIA could stay and without EVGA, what happen to XFX, they didn't grow with AMD. 
They need to share 24% of markets with others, but example Zotac share 76% of market with others.
post edited by Vlada011 - 2015/05/30 09:55:53

Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 14:32:48 (permalink)
kaninja
Not going to happen. Sometimes it is best to focus on one thing and do it really well.

Interesting perspective but does that really apply to evga anymore? Once they were a mobo gpu group and they did excellent at it. Then they had a bit of a oops moment with x79 around the same time at they started to expand into power supplies. Now they are in memory too. Evga isn't focusing on one thing anymore, they are pretty broad now.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8756
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 14:51:35 (permalink)
Bruno747
kaninja
Not going to happen. Sometimes it is best to focus on one thing and do it really well.

Interesting perspective but does that really apply to evga anymore? Once they were a mobo gpu group and they did excellent at it. Then they had a bit of a oops moment with x79 around the same time at they started to expand into power supplies. Now they are in memory too. Evga isn't focusing on one thing anymore, they are pretty broad now.

I suppose I should have said one manufacturer for the category. You get a lot of perks just supporting and being supported by one side if the relationship is equally beneficial. Our company is in a similar situation and we had an opportunity to bring on another manufacturers parts. When it came right down to it we stuck with the relationship we had because it was just too good. Great support, supply, quality, price, and many many perks and incentives to remain loyal to our current manufacturer.

Business is business and *never* personal.......but don't think for a second EVGA would get the same vendor wholsale pricing considerations tomorrow if today they parnered with AMD. Nobody likes shrinking margins.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

FR3D1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 18:15:01 (permalink)
I like how EVGA really make nice custom designs rather than the reference one. I guess it would be good to see a limited range of AMD mobos maybe one for each chipsets kind of thing rather than a whole lot of boards for the same chipset.

seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/30 20:59:49 (permalink)
Bruno747
kaninja

Good point.
post edited by seth89 - 2015/05/31 06:38:46

seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/31 06:43:20 (permalink)
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
seth89
stalinx20
chrisdglong

We weren't what? 

There may have been PCIE 3.0 motherboards on the release of sandybridge at the time, but there was not a single PCIE 3.0 ready GPU when PCIE 3.0 launched. No i did not see any reviews showing a dual core was as fast as a quad core, but i definately need to look at those. It should be interesting to see. I never said that HBM was not "invented" but Nvidia already had the idea of doing it last year before they released 9xx series.  I was speculating (no proof) that when HBM or Pascal are fully released that today's processors would not be "equal" to the bandwidth that these GPUs are capable of.
Oh ya, don't get your hopes up on this DX12, at least until Developers start using it.

The AMD R9 280, 290 and 290x cards were PCIE3.0, that was 2013...

Violence.
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1913
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/31 18:30:02 (permalink)
It is not a hard concept to grasp. Only one manufacturer right now has a board that can handle AMD top chip. Which would be ASUS. AsRock apparently has one but it does not to a good job at it. Now being one place makes a board to handle the best chip they will be the ones getting benefits from it. Say another company turned around and made a better board for said chip, and for future chips that would seem like a no brainer to me. NOBODY is making high end board for AMD at this moment. Only ASUS which they have one board. 

Some will say there is a reason they are not made. I think otherwise. I think it would be a smart move to produce a motherboard to support AMD processors on the am3+ socket and continue with newer sockets as they come out. 

And so some dont think i am biased, I personally have used a few different EVGA motherboard. 680i sli board (way back when) , p67 FTW which still runs today. ive tried 2 z77 FTW boards one was DOA the other did not work at all with no just reason from EVGA, rma that board. Also had another p67 FTW which was DOA from newegg. I have used a few and i am 50 - 50 so far. My p67 FTW was amazing. great board. z77 ftw, not so much. 
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/05/31 21:11:28 (permalink)
I don't understand why fanboys throw rocks at AMD. Guys, we should ALL, as consumers, be wanting AMD to be more competitive... AMD is the only other option in PC graphics cards for gaming. We have all noticed the huge increases in prices from Nvidia lately... Wait until AMD is completely gone from the market... I haven't bought an AMD graphics card since about 2007, yet I still want AMD to compete better with Nvidia. 
post edited by chrisdglong - 2015/05/31 21:12:36
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/06/01 15:03:27 (permalink)
chrisdglong
I don't understand why fanboys throw rocks at AMD. Guys, we should ALL, as consumers, be wanting AMD to be more competitive... AMD is the only other option in PC graphics cards for gaming. We have all noticed the huge increases in prices from Nvidia lately... Wait until AMD is completely gone from the market... I haven't bought an AMD graphics card since about 2007, yet I still want AMD to compete better with Nvidia. 

While this is true for the most part it is not so different with Intel CPUs and AMD CPUs.
Intel has their own CPU/GPU as AMD as well with AMD/AMD-GPU Combo Motherboards.
Intel Motherboards for a while even had NVIDIA GPU on the Motherboard, never did see a AMD motherboard with a NVIDIA GPU on the Motherboard.
I Like the idea of EVGA Going down a Single Path with Intel Motherboards and NVIDIA Graphics Cards.
This for me is a steady Path of Technologies and not leaning one way or the other, that is better tech on the Intel/NVIDIA side as to the AMD side.
And true as well is a lot of AMD Motherboards only Support AMD Cross Fire and Not NVIDIA SLI.
I know of no Intel Motherboard that does not support Cross Fire and only supports NVIDIA SLI.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/06/01 15:09:43

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/06/02 17:53:17 (permalink)
bill1024
There was at least one or two Asus intel x58 boards that supported crossfire and not SLI

I picked up a couple R9-280x 3gb GPUs , first AMD cards I have has since the 800, 2400HT or some thing like that.
The 280x really aren't all that bad, they excel in BOINC primegrid they smoked my GTX970 bad.
In folding 75k PPD around the 660Ti was doing.

Yep, that was why I got 2 290x Cards for Folding.
But now Core 18 P9430 on the GTX 980 out perform my 290x so for me NVIDIA is coming back on top.
Sadly though we still seem to get Core 15 Tasks so that is where the 290x covers.
Sorry for being a little off subject OP.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Ougglethorpe
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA should start selling AMD. 2015/06/02 18:42:37 (permalink)
AMD unfortunately may die/be sold off soon if their upcoming graphic cards and CPUs don't create a significant traction. EVGA doesn't stand to gain much market share as AMD is struggling right now. I do wish they were better as it would force Nvidia to compete more price wise.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile