EVGA rma phone support.....

Author
KILLER_K
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 772
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2009/11/30 07:38:04 (permalink)
Well i send one of my cards in for rma and they got it last week. So as any person would do i called to check and see what was going on with the rma, just wanted some updated info on the issue. So someone answered, will not say the name but i was just left with a sour feeling in my stomach after talking with that person.

I asked about the card and the replacement and immediately got you will get the same card back. I asked to speak to someone about swapping it out for a single card. As my dual gpu card is just plain hot for my system. Again the person didn't want to be of any help and said you will get back the same card, we have plenty in stock route again. I never gave him my rma number, name or model of card.

This doesn't sit with me well at all on the subject. The person didn't want to help in any form or fashion. Yes i know it is monday but, be nice and help the end user please. So now i'm sitting here passing the information on to you. And i even told the person i was going to post in the evga forums about this, the reply was go ahead to top that off.

I'm going to say that was one of the worst technical support cards i ever made in my life. Like i said i know how people feel on monday, etc. But ask for some info and at least act like you want to help. So now i'm stuck with the same info i called with, that i knew to begin with. I guess i could play phone tag and keep calling to hopefully i got someone that would like to help and do their job perhaps.

My Affiliate Code: EKD06T601Y

21 Replies Related Threads

Alex2190
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 471
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/11/30 10:39:13 (permalink)
    even though i didnt like to spend more for the advanced RMA plan, i will be running my RMA card if and when i get it before sending my bad card to them. I want to be in charge of my investment, not a company pulling the strings and telling me what to do.
    {uZa}DOA
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4253
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/11/30 13:52:10 (permalink)
      "In charge of my investment"?? lolz you had to pay for the "In charge feeling" fyi

j/k I use the advanced RMA myself.. just found your post funny

Alex2190
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 471
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/11/30 13:59:08 (permalink)
    just a bit more control over the situation that i wouldnt have otherwise
    KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/11/30 15:23:21 (permalink)
    I mainly wanted to check to see if i could get a single gpu back instead of a dual gpu. For one the heat is killing me and i'm tired of two gpu's right now on one lane.

Is there anyone in here that can possibly help me with this issue?
    post edited by KILLER_K - 2009/11/30 15:44:48

trueg50
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/11/30 16:59:42 (permalink)
    KILLER_K

I mainly wanted to check to see if i could get a single gpu back instead of a dual gpu. For one the heat is killing me and i'm tired of two gpu's right now on one lane.

Is there anyone in here that can possibly help me with this issue?

Don't hold your breath mate, I have been waiting for my response for a few days now (and two separate tickets that got no reply for one week each). I don't think "partially optional" RMA questions are very high on the EVGA support priority list.

Intel I7 920 @ 4.2 ghz (21x200)
    GTX 285
    Cooling: BI 360GTX, Apogee GTZ, MCW-60
    KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/11/30 18:34:18 (permalink)
    Yes but EVGA shouldn't be that way though. We the end users spend a large amount of money on a product and should be treated just as equal.

But i guess i will hold out and see what happens, since this is just coasting in here. Hopefully something good will happen though. Just be nice to actually talk to someone that cares though.

[HazMatt]
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2913
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/11/30 20:28:56 (permalink)
    I'll forward this thread to an EVGA Representative to see if they can look into this further.

- Call EVGA 24/7 at 1-888-881-EVGA (3842) -
    Forum Rules | EVGATube | Warranty | Heatware
    _SteveC
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 132
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/01 06:28:18 (permalink)
    I have sent you an PM regarding this issue.

KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/01 11:33:33 (permalink)
    Thanks Steve i got the PM and have now replied back. I think i see what the problem was or one of them with the reply you sent. Thanks for everyone's time and help.

KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/03 11:03:23 (permalink)
    Update:

Well as of 12/2/2009 my rma status off my page has now been removed. Now before the 2nd it should pending on the page with my rma status. So now i submit a tech ticket and of course have to wait 1-2 business days for a reply back, which then i have to follow up with a update question which again leads to another 1-2 business day response.

You know how about a live chat support page? And i don't even want to start about the long wait and hold times for evga's phone support. I think today i waited 40 minutes with no answer but some response from a recording to hit * to leave a call back number.

Hello i been waiting for 40 minutes and if i do a call back, then how long 1-2 business days? Yes i am rather annoyed at this point and time. Everything i seem to try to get help on buys EVGA another 1-2 business days. Heck with that much time any company can eventually get something out the door.

This has been the WORST EVGA RMA , there is just no excuse for this kind of none response and none info support.

topdog5252
    • Total Posts : 36
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/03 11:18:49 (permalink)
     My god what is wrong with evga here of lately. They are getting slack and all i see is them offering t-shirts for the end users trouble. So evga messes up sends you a shirt and gets free advertisement and you get nothing. Sounds like a fair deal doesn't it?!?

MY HEATWARE: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64699
    Evga Classified 760 3xSli
    I7 920
    2x2 Gb Kingston Hiperx 2133
    Xfx 4890 1Gb Video Card
    Cooler Master Haf 932
    Asus 21 Inch Monitor 1920x1080
    Corsair 850Hx
    KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/03 13:25:17 (permalink)
    Well finally got a hold of someone after another 40 minutes of holding. He doesn't have a clue really what was going on. Said perhaps the cleared it for a reason and started it over again.

Update:
    The current status of your RMA is received and preparing to ship. It should ship within 1-2 business days. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Thank you, EVGA

So don't know what i am getting though i got answer though. So i guess this puts me into next week before the card ships. So that would be a week and 2 days total wait. Thanks for everyone's time.
    post edited by KILLER_K - 2009/12/03 13:56:12

KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/03 18:18:06 (permalink)
    Well it seems i just got my tracking number and looks like the same card. Even though i wanted a single card. So if anyone wants a 9800 gx2 please let me know. As i have 2 that i will let go and i will not buy anything else EVGA again.

artemisfei
    • Total Posts : 35
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/03 18:51:39 (permalink)
    Haha, if you don't want a 9800GX2, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. ;P
    KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/03 20:14:56 (permalink)
    artemisfei

Haha, if you don't want a 9800GX2, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. ;P

You're missing my point about it. I wanted a single card, a 260 i would have taken. And the other i can still trade up for one also. So i could have stepped up and got another 260 and went down to 2 cards instead of 4. As 4 draws too much power and produces too much heat for me.

Hopefully this will clear it up a bit better.

hacker2021
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/04 10:36:06 (permalink)
    Your treating your GPU's like a pack of Pokemon cards, you can't just go and swap them for whatever you want, even if it does seem like a fair trade.
    If it draws too much power, get a better PSU.
    If it's too hot, find a cooling solution for yourself.
    jingiko
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1517
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/04 15:34:30 (permalink)
    +1 for hacker.

and for the OP:
    Maybe perhaps you should of asked the first customer service guy if he was willing to take your RMA number or insist on him having a follow up email or call back on your situation.

Or even ask for his direct extension? (since I know everyone has a direct extension line)

Im not saying be bitter about about it but service reps are PEOPLE too! But somewhere its also part your fault as well since you didnt bother to make sure YOU(the customer) were completely satisfied with the whole call, you kinda gave him the advantage and he just prolly assumed that you didnt really care, and once you hung up you realized what had happened.
    Doesnt hurt to call again and hope for a different rep to try and help if the first rep didnt help at all(which i doubt).

and yes these EVGA cards are NOT POKIEMONS!
    Moltenlava
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6302
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/04 18:25:34 (permalink)
    Seems this guy has heard about some people getting a 200 series card for their old 9800 GX2's and thought he would try his luck, even making a "bad experience with EVGA" thread which usually help to spring EVGA into action to make what you want happen but simple fact is tht EVGA only does this when they have no GX2's to replace RMA'ed GX2's with, the OP was "unlucky"? that EVGA happen to have enough stock of GX2's to cover his Warranty Replacement at that time.

Any company will replace an old product with the same product unless they cant within a reasonable time frame or have no idea when they are likely to have stock of this older item, if they have the same item in stock thats what you will get because thats what you bought and paid for.

As for the bad experience on the phone there is no excuse for that but possibly we are not getting the full story, if all you asked the guy was if you could replace your old GX2 for a newer GTX 260 then he my have had a belly full of people trying the same thing, causing grief just to try and spring someone higher up into action to save EVGA some bad "press".  EVGA may only have themselves to blame for appearing to be more helpful or atleast receptive when people make threads that show EVGA in a bad light.   Something that makes me think we are not getting the full story is that the OP claims the representative didnt ask for any info about the card or the RMA yet the representative was able to tell the OP that "we have plenty in stock route again"

I guess you got to commend him for trying but you have to wonder if there was anything wrong with his GX2 in the first place apart from it "drawing too much power and producing too much heat".  Not sure if EVGA just sent him his GX2 back or replaced it with another GX2.
    post edited by Moltenlava - 2009/12/04 18:33:16

My sig is too big

If you want to know my specs tough sh.. 
    KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/05 11:34:06 (permalink)
    @ hacker2021,  you're still missing the point of the post. If you knew anything at all you know these cards run extremely hot and the threads are posted all in the 9 series threads. My power supply is fine or i wouldn't have been running them quad-sli to start with. And if you notice i'm not the only one having issues in this forum. And for the pokeman cards statement i'm not a kid, use a adult comment next time.

Moltenlava, For your information the card was dead. Why the heck would i send in a card if nothing was wrong with it? That doesn't even make any sense there. I'm not some in here that tear up a card just to see if they can get a better card after they use it for a year. Mine stopped working and i sent it in for rma. If that was the case why would i keep one and just send one in, i would have done both then correct?

@ jingiko -1, It isn't my place to tell the evga customer service how he should do his job. For one he should know how to be helpful and work with someone on the phone. When you don't even ask for a name, rma number, support ticket then you are not doing your job.

Update:
    EVGATech_SteveC has fixed my issues and corrected the problems. He was completely understanding about what i was talking about. And fixed the problem without delay. He is a great person, job he did was 100% great as it took me 2 pm's and everything was sorted out. So a big thanks to him for listening and caring enough to help a end user.

Thanks again EVGATech_SteveC for your time.

post edited by KILLER_K - 2009/12/05 11:37:09

Moltenlava
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6302
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/08 08:37:46 (permalink)
    KILLER_K

@ hacker2021,  you're still missing the point of the post. If you knew anything at all you know these cards run extremely hot and the threads are posted all in the 9 series threads. My power supply is fine or i wouldn't have been running them quad-sli to start with. And if you notice i'm not the only one having issues in this forum. And for the pokeman cards statement i'm not a kid, use a adult comment next time.

Moltenlava, For your information the card was dead. Why the heck would i send in a card if nothing was wrong with it? That doesn't even make any sense there. I'm not some in here that tear up a card just to see if they can get a better card after they use it for a year. Mine stopped working and i sent it in for rma. If that was the case why would i keep one and just send one in, i would have done both then correct?

@ jingiko -1, It isn't my place to tell the evga customer service how he should do his job. For one he should know how to be helpful and work with someone on the phone. When you don't even ask for a name, rma number, support ticket then you are not doing your job.

Update:
    EVGATech_SteveC has fixed my issues and corrected the problems. He was completely understanding about what i was talking about. And fixed the problem without delay. He is a great person, job he did was 100% great as it took me 2 pm's and everything was sorted out. So a big thanks to him for listening and caring enough to help a end user.

Thanks again EVGATech_SteveC for your time.

If that means you got your "single GPU" card then congrats on your "whining/EVGA Sucks" thread working, they usually do :) Enjoy whatever card they send you and i hope that it runs to your heat/power consumption standards.

post edited by Moltenlava - 2009/12/08 08:40:15

My sig is too big

If you want to know my specs tough sh.. 
    _SteveC
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 132
    Re:EVGA rma phone support..... 2009/12/08 11:31:13 (permalink)
    Killer I was happy to assist you with your issues. If you have any further questions and/or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile