EVGA

EVGA please release a new mITX-board with 802.11ac and M.2!

Author
TheSwede86
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/31 16:26:32 (permalink)
First of all, Hi!
My first post here and I must say that I am so impressed with my EVGA SuperNova G2 750W that I actually decided to swap my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB for an EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 :) Well, the MSI also had coilwhine so that was a part of the reason for the switch as well but still :)

I would like to pair my EVGA PSU and GFX with an EVGA mITX Z97 mITX motherboard but the current Z97 Stinger / Stinger WiFi have certain features lacking that "all" other manufacturers have in at least one of their mITX motherboards and which is kind of important to me, they are:
- 802.11ac (have an 802.11ac router and get from my current MSI Z97I Gaming ACK 99Mbit down and 10Mbit up from a 100/10Mbit connection)
- M.2 (going to switch from my 850 PRO to an 850 Pro but with, wait for it... M.2 when Samsung comes around releasing them, which they will and hopefully soon)

Seems quite weird since you have the:
Asus Z97I-Plus
MSI Z97I Gaming ACK
ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5
to name a few (they have 802.11ac and sure MOST if not all have M.2, uncertain about some regarding M.2)

So since it seems quite common with both 802.11ac (and BT but the Stinger has BT) and M.2 I am really saddened because EVGA doesn't have that on any of theirs.
They have a WiFi-model of their mITX-motherboard but 802.11n and no M.2-slot.

Please EVGA, release a new model with M.2 and 802.11ac (and BT integrated with the WLAN of course).

Any insight or reasons why their card lack these features when almost all offerings from competitors have at least one mITX card which has these features?
I would happily run EVGA as my motherboard vendor as well and team it up with my PSU and GFX but unless I see those features in a new card (which I guess is minimal) I guess it wont happen :/

Best Regards (and again, Hi!) - TheSwede86

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile