EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA SC17 BIOS Update Went Completely Wrong. Help would be much appreciated!

Author
CertifiedBlyndGuy
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/06/26 07:49:20 (permalink)
Hi everyone,

A couple months back I came across an EVGA SC17 in mint condition. The thing has ran great, minus the temps spiking every once and a while. I noticed my BIOS needed to be updated to 1.08, and when I was going through the process something went terribly wrong.

Now, when the laptop powers on the keyboard turns on, the fans ramp up, and then it turns off. Removing the battery is the only thing that stops this cycle. I've tried resetting the CMOS to no avail. I'm really worried as it's out of warranty, and I don't have much money. College starts in mid-August, and being a CS student, I depend on this for almost everything I do. Not only that, but I'm legally blind so the big screen really helps me out a lot.

I tried formatting a flash drive as FAT32, and flashing the BIOS using a key combination like you can with some Dell laptops, but that was of no use at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I followed up with EVGA, but I doubt they'll do anything since they only cover devices under warranty. If repair costs are reasonable however, I'd happily pay them.

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you all. I seriously don't know what to do at this point. There's no way I'll be able to find another laptop capable of doing what I need it to do by the time school starts...

Have a wonderful day!
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA SC17 BIOS Update Went Completely Wrong. Help would be much appreciated! 2019/06/26 08:50:55 (permalink)
Sorry to see your laptop BIOS update went Sideways

I'm not familiar with any possible "Recovery Method"

Maybe another Forums member with one of those laptops has some helpful steps you can try

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA SC17 BIOS Update Went Completely Wrong. Help would be much appreciated! 2019/06/26 10:51:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CertifiedBlyndGuy 2019/06/26 11:38:59
If the laptop is no longer in warranty you are still welcome to give us a call at 1-888-881-3842 and we can help troubleshoot further with you, even if we won't be able to start an RMA for it. It would probably be better to call us directly as troubleshooting a laptop can be a bit tricky sometimes.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
CertifiedBlyndGuy
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA SC17 BIOS Update Went Completely Wrong. Help would be much appreciated! 2019/06/26 11:38:42 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB
If the laptop is no longer in warranty you are still welcome to give us a call at 1-888-881-3842 and we can help troubleshoot further with you, even if we won't be able to start an RMA for it. It would probably be better to call us directly as troubleshooting a laptop can be a bit tricky sometimes.

Thank you! I'll have to do that. I really appreciate it
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile