EVGA

EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
DannyW75
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/25 11:40:27 (permalink)
Yes, I did that. It did not work.
FalconX79Dark
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 216
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/25 18:40:22 (permalink)
If you choose the wrong sample bit rate you will have no sound. No sample rate higher than 24 bit 192,000 worked for me. Have you tried reseating the card and using CC cleaner to remove bits of the old sound card from the registry? Have you reseated the SATA connection? When things go wrong don't jump on the RMA bandwagon. 9/10 times it is something very simple. When you get upset and start making massive changes that just compounds the problem. The instructions included with the card are very poor. The cards should have color-coded jacks to avoid confusion. EVGA should use the same nomenclature that home theaters use to describe speaker position to avoid confusion and include a speaker diagram. For example, Line Out Side L/R should be, Surround Side L/R, and Line out Rear L/R should be Surround back L/R. 
post edited by FalconX79Dark - 2019/12/25 21:16:50

EVGA X79 Dark/EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Hydro Copper in SLI/Caselabs Black Magnum M8/Lamptron FC5 V3 Fan Control/I7-4930K/ Raystorm Copper CPU block/Twin D5 vario pumps with Dual Bay Reservoir/XSPC glass Photon Tube Reservoir 270mm/AX Triple Radiator/32 Gb G.Skill DDR3-2400 CL10-12-12-31/ Samsung 850 Pro 2 Tb/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 Power Supply/Win 10 64/ ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR 27" G-SYNC 165Hz Gaming Monitor 2560x1440, 1ms, 1,000:1| EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 Sound Card/Razer Nommo Pro 2.1 THX-certified speakers/Razer Tiamat True 7.1 gaming headset.

DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/25 20:55:27 (permalink)
I keep saying it is not a user error. The card is defective. I already verified this. The toslink connection produces audio. The analog RCA connections do not. There is a failure with the card on the analog side somewhere. When the card was first installed, it produced audio through analog. After about 2 hours use, the card lost sound in mid song. After that, it was dead, and had no sound. It never worked again.
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/25 21:51:08 (permalink)
DannyW75
I keep saying it is not a user error. The card is defective. I already verified this. The toslink connection produces audio. The analog RCA connections do not. There is a failure with the card on the analog side somewhere. When the card was first installed, it produced audio through analog. After about 2 hours use, the card lost sound in mid song. After that, it was dead, and had no sound. It never worked again.

From what you've described, it basically sounds like either there's an issue with the SATA connector plugged in to provide power or the audio card is bad.  You've already done enough troubleshooting on the power end, so it does sound like hardware to me.

We created a bit of a testing procedure to figure out your initial issue for the software side just before you setup the RMA, but if the card ultimately failed, that probably explains the issues you began receiving in the software before it stopped outputting audio.

Please let me know directly if you run into issues with the replacement card.
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/25 22:00:29 (permalink)
Of course, I will let you know. I am not even upset about this issue anymore. I am just glad I have been sent a new replacement, and this will now get resolved. When UPS is open again on December 27th, I will ship the defective card back. I hope everyone is having a good Christmas.
DMinnitti
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/26 14:13:33 (permalink)
It's also very easy to accidentally turn off the analog channels in the NU program, I know this is basically "is it plugged in" level help but you should check that you didn't randomly grey out the speakers or headphones under playback box in nu software.
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/26 15:02:57 (permalink)
Hey DMinnitti, I am the one giving you information in the other Nu Audio Pro 7.1 thread about all the improvements you will get if you decide to upgrade. Trust me, It is not a user error. I ended up just getting a card with a failed analog section on it. I was just unlucky with my purchase. The analog section of the card failed after about 2 hours use. It died in the middle of a song playing, and never worked again. Again, this is not a user related issue. I keep saying this, and no one is listening. You should upgrade though. You will be blown away by the sound quality of the card.
DMinnitti
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/26 20:35:51 (permalink)
Oh don't worry I pre ordered this baby day one and have been using it since christmas, its a fantastic step up even though my current setup benefits from bass crossover frequency settings lacking from the current software/drivers.

I understand this is all frustrating, no one thinks you are computer illiterate often times even power users will over look something or jump to conclusions. I'm sorry to hear that in your case it was just a hardware failure. 
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/27 15:58:22 (permalink)
My replacement Nu Audio Pro 7.1 has just shown up. As promised by EVGA, it is not a refurbished or open box unit. It is a brand new and sealed package. I will install it in a bit and post back with my results. Thanks to EVGA customer service for making this right. I will ship the defective card back tomorrow.
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/27 21:33:54 (permalink)
Alright, first off, I want to give an apology to EVGA. Indeed, my first card I received was defective, but I already knew this. However, I think my behavior was definitely out of line. I should have handled things in a better manner. After my complete disappointment with the first sound card I got, EVGA made sure to come through to make sure this situation was corrected. I received my replacement Nu Audio Pro 7.1 sound card in the mail today. As promised by EVGA, it was a brand new and sealed in the box card. Now, on to this new card. Right away, the new sound card was detected. The drivers installed perfectly, and without the "init error 0x0001" that I experienced with the first card. Second point to make here, is this card also asked for me to update the firmware upon rebooting after the driver install, but this also occurred without any issues. The card successfully updated the firmware without any problems. The first card failed to complete the firmware update. This card is now offering me the expected upgrade experience that I had anticipated I would be receiving from upgrading from my Creative ZXR sound card.

Everything is working with the new card, just as it should. I have 32Bit/384kHz for 2 channel analog music/stereo listening, and 32Bit/192kHz 5.1 channel analog for surround. The sound quality is fantastic. I currently have one of my Burson Audio V6 Vivid Dual opamps in the sound card, which I used to replace the stock AD8056 opamp. I have not bothered replacing the OPA275 opamps just yet. I also left the stock opamp for the headphone section in the card as well. I just wanted to make sure that everything is working as expected with this new card.

Regarding the sound quality of this card, this is an amazing piece of equipment. In fact, this is the best sounding card I have owned to date, and I have owned many through the years. This is an incredibly smooth sounding piece of gear. The distortion is extremely low on this sound card. Background noise is literally non-existent as well. The high resolution capabilities of the DAC chips on the card are easily noticeable. The AKM 4493 is fairly neutral in its response, with a slight musical warmth to the lower mids. Imaging and instrument separation is honest, revealing, and realistic. You can locate where everything is in the recording. Vocals are cleanly produced and not fatiguing. Soundstaging has excellent width, and small details that are often hidden in music are popping up everywhere. Treble is more refined, articulate, and detailed compared to on the ZXR card. There is no harshness or sibilance at all. There is a slight roll off in the treble, but only just slight. However, all of the detail in the upper frequencies is still present. I can see why this card has been tuned this way though. I think that EVGA wanted to make sure that the end user would not find the treble to ever become harsh or fatiguing in its response. You can hear everything present in the upper registers, but there is never a moment of ever feeling that things are piercing or sibilant. There is obviously a slight roll off that has happened around 8kHz to 11kHz to prevent this from ever happening. The bass is quick, extends deep, is tight, defined, and not bloated at all. The Nu Pro 7.1 card is less bassy than the ZXR, but not massively so. There is no surprise here though. The BurrBrown PCM1794 DAC chip is warmer in its presentation. Even though the Nu Audio Pro 7.1 is slightly less bassy, it is a cleaner, more defined, and more articulate bass. The BurrBrown chips on the ZXR are more loose in their presentation. The AKM 4493 DAC chips on this card are an excellent upgrade from the PCM1794 (main channels) and PCM1798 (surround channels) which are on my Creative ZXR sound card. The PCM1794 DAC chip is far warmer sounding. It just does not offer the same amount of resolution and detail retrieval when compared to the AKM 4493. Across the board, this Nu Audio Pro 7.1 sound card is a true upgrade from the Creative ZXR, and I highly recommend it. 

Once I allow the card a 20 hour or so burn in period, I will test some other opamps as well. In terms of opamps, I am going to test with 4 of the LME49720HA metal cans and 4 of the V6 Vivids. Both of these are neutral sounding opamps (the LME49720HA especially), and will pair excellently with the AKM 4493 DAC chips. I have no need to replace the LT1469, since I will never use the headphone amp on this sound card. I already have an Audio-GD C-2 (2017 Edition) headphone amp. If I had to guess now though, I have a feeling that the best pairing for the AKM 4493 is going to be the LME49720HA metal can opamps. Those opamps are completely neutral in their signature, and they will bring the most out of the awesome DAC chips on this card. Soundstage, detail retrieval, treble extension, bass response, and imaging capabilities should improve even further with those opamps installed in the main card and daughter card.

My only complaint with EVGA at this point in time is I really think that you guys should consider switching to USPS instead of using UPS for shipping to people outside of the USA. By doing this, you will certainly increase sales, as everyone knows that UPS charges outrageous fees that USPS never does. I had to pay 49.93 Canadian in brokerage fees and duties to UPS, and I know for a fact that if USPS had been used, I would have ended up paying only 9.95 Canadian once it had been handed over to Canada Post for delivery. At this point though, this new sound card is performing exactly as expected. I am extremely impressed. For anyone who already owns this card, I highly recommend replacing the AD8056 opamp with a Burson Audio V6 Vivid for your 2 channel music listening, even if you decide to stay with the stock opamps for the surround channels. You would be blown away by the sound quality difference you will experience when this opamp is paired with the AKM 4493 DAC chips used on this sound card.

Thanks again to EVGA for being quick to send out a replacement sound card. I will send back the defective card tomorrow.
post edited by DannyW75 - 2019/12/28 03:41:10
Jb1234
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/28 08:30:21 (permalink)
decided to hang on to mine as well since i'll lose about $100 just from returning it. even on an old movie like Christmas story I noticed a difference in sound quality . hopefully an update is in the works otherwise it's selling on Kijiji.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31064
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/28 09:59:42 (permalink)
@ DannyW75

happy to see your replacement has proper function & good sound quality

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/28 21:35:53 (permalink)
Hey Jb1234, the clicking sound you are hearing from the sound card on start up is completely normal. This is the line out section of the card being engaged on the PC start up, and then being disengaged when you shut the system down. This is how the card was designed. It is not a fault or issue.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21176
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 06:55:46 (permalink)
DMinnitti
even though my current setup benefits from bass crossover frequency settings lacking from the current software/drivers.

If your speakers have a design issue where they don't sound right / distort at certain frequencies, they should have the low pass or high pass filters built in. It's not your audio source's (audio card) job to make your speakers sound right. Blame your speaker's poor design / missing hardware, not the software / audio card.

Rather than complain about this supposed missing software feature in thread after thread, why don't you buy and install the filters necessary to make your speakers work properly? You don't necessarily need a crossover, you just need a filter for each speaker which doesn't operate properly at certain frequencies. If your small speakers distort with too much bass, add a high pass filter before them. Add a low pass filter before your woofer, if you want. A crossover is probably not the right choice for this application, unless you spend your days listening to only mono channel.

Many properly engineered speakers have these filters built in.  ... for this very reason.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/12/29 09:09:49

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jb1234
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 11:51:26 (permalink)
DannyW75
Hey Jb1234, the clicking sound you are hearing from the sound card on start up is completely normal. This is the line out section of the card being engaged on the PC start up, and then being disengaged when you shut the system down. This is how the card was designed. It is not a fault or issue.

it's not normal on my motherboard audio - it uses anti pop circuitry. Guess i'll have to upgrade the motherboard instead :(((
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 12:42:18 (permalink)
Why are you using your motherboard audio if you have the sound card ?
Jb1234
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 12:48:40 (permalink)
Same reason I mentioned . It’s pretty loud when I turn on my pc im using it on a fairly high end 7.1 home theater with 3 subwoofers direct into a power amp and all of them make a loud noise when I turn on the pc with this sound card it doesn’t happen at all on the motherboard audio.
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 13:04:29 (permalink)
If it only does it once on start up, this is normal. This is just all the channels on the sound card being engaged. The sound card uses a relay switch. This is a normal operation of the sound card. I assume you are using the analog connections on the card, and not toslink. I am doing the same. I have my card connected to a high end receiver using its multichannel analog inputs.
Jb1234
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 13:08:23 (permalink)
 so i suppose a bios update won't be able to fix it ? 

I know its normal for most sound cards  - just not for ones made in 2019
the asus sound cards also have anti pop circuitry but they're outdated.
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 13:13:12 (permalink)
A BIOS update definitely will not fix it, as it is not actually a defect. It is a function built into how the card was designed.
Jb1234
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 13:39:33 (permalink)
EVGA says they're looking to it but ur probably right I doubt it's fixable
guess ill have to sell or return it. Sad!
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 13:51:34 (permalink)
How many times a day are you turning your PC on, shutting your PC down, or rebooting ? If it that much of an issue, just make sure your amp/receiver are powered off when you turn the PC on. If you do this, you won't get the pop through the speakers. Be aware though, even if you do this, the click that the sound card makes on start up or shut down will still occur.
Jb1234
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 13:55:19 (permalink)
Yeah i could do that but they’ll be nights after i had a few drinks and forget to turn the amp off first . The subwoofers still make a noise and that’s too much work to turn them off. will have to just get a higher end motherboard. too much risk of damaging my speakers/amp with this card.
post edited by Jb1234 - 2019/12/29 17:32:46
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/29 22:37:47 (permalink)
Well, the Nu Audio Pro 7.1 combined with the Burson Audio V6 Vivid opamps installed is just ridiculous. There is no way that any other sound card on the market can match this pairing for sound quality. The AKM 4493 DAC chips just love being paired with these opamps. They sound like they were meant to always be paired together. I left the LT1469 opamp for the headphone section in the card, since I will never use it. I replaced the AD8056, and all 3 OPA275 opamps on the daughter board with my 4 x V6 Vivid Dual opamps. The sound quality of this set up for 2 channel music, as well as multichannel for gaming is just insanely good. The soundstage, musicality, depth, treble cleanliness and extension, layering of instruments, vocal smoothness and detail, and bass tightness and definition have all improved with these opamps in the card. At the very least, I recommend people to put one V6 Vivid Dual opamp in the card to replace the AD8056 for the left and right stereo channels. The upgrade you will get in music is just amazing. The frequency response just sounds completely correct. The slight treble roll off with the AD8056 is also removed when using the V6 Vivids. The card is completely neutral in sound now, but everything is much more refined, tight, and articulate. Thanks again to EVGA. I am hard to please when it comes to audio, and have many years of experience. This is an excellent sound card.

Edit: I should also mention as well, the imaging and bass response when the V6 Vivids are used is just stunning. The low end is fast, defined, deep, impactful, and extended, but there is no bloom or bloated character to it at all. The decay is so quick with these opamps in the card. It really has to be heard. I highly recommend it.
post edited by DannyW75 - 2019/12/29 23:16:23
DEJ915
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 544
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/30 10:24:46 (permalink)
Turn on your amplifiers after your preamps are on, this is how we do in commercial and pro av so do the same at home it works the same.  Do the opposite when you shut down, turn off amplifiers first and then turn off preamps.

If you are too lazy to walk over and turn the stuff on and off then wire it up to a switched circuit or get a switched PDU or something, I'm sure your local AV store will be enthusiastic to sell you one lol.
post edited by DEJ915 - 2019/12/30 10:28:07
Jb1234
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2019/12/30 12:50:55 (permalink)
That’s too much work I never had to do anything with my motherboard audio. Plus if my computer crashes likely it will make a noise. Not sure why they didn’t add the anti pop chip in it pretty Much all sound cards do now .
post edited by Jb1234 - 2019/12/30 17:45:33
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2020/01/01 13:02:01 (permalink)
I am going to take out the 4 x V6 Vivid Dual opamps today, and then try my 4 x LME49720HA metal opamps in the card next. I am really interested in hearing the AKM 4493 DAC chips paired with these opamps. I will do this today and post back with the results.
DannyW75
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2020/01/03 22:02:00 (permalink)
Alright, I ended up taking out the 4 x V6 Vivid Dual opamps, and put in my 4 x LME49720HA metal cans. I have decided to stay with these opamps in the card, as I think they are a better match with the AKM 4493 chips. It ended up sounding just like I thought it would. The sound signature with these in the card is quite neutral, clean, detailed, and engaging. Bass is extended, tight, fast, and accurate, but without the midbass bump present that the V6 Vivid Duals have. Mids are clean with vocals being slightly in front of the instruments. Vocals are not as layed back as they are with the V6 Vivids. Soundstage is wide, has excellent depth, and imaging is just excellent. Treble is smooth, extended, and defined with no hint of sibilance or grain. I am extremely impressed with this sound card. EVGA has done a great job with this sound card, and I highly recommend it paired with these opamps.

post edited by DannyW75 - 2020/01/03 22:05:02
DMinnitti
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2020/01/04 06:05:04 (permalink)
ty_ger07

If your speakers have a design issue where they don't sound right / distort at certain frequencies, they should have the low pass or high pass filters built in. It's not your audio source's (audio card) job to make your speakers sound right. Blame your speaker's poor design / missing hardware, not the software / audio card.

Rather than complain about this supposed missing software feature in thread after thread, why don't you buy and install the filters necessary to make your speakers work properly? You don't necessarily need a crossover, you just need a filter for each speaker which doesn't operate properly at certain frequencies. If your small speakers distort with too much bass, add a high pass filter before them. Add a low pass filter before your woofer, if you want. A crossover is probably not the right choice for this application, unless you spend your days listening to only mono channel.

Many properly engineered speakers have these filters built in.  ... for this very reason.

Ok sure I could go spend more money and upgrade my setup further. Or they could add a software feature that I've had on every onboard piece of junk realtek and my 10 year old XFI card.... 

I use the razer tiamats for positional audio in games (do not use them for movies/music don't worry) and yeah the things are kind of junky and low frequencies are horribly managed by whatever god awful apparatus razer has installed but its an immediate and noticeable improvment when I set the crossover frequency to 80. I posted about it in a thread requesting feature requests its not like i'm batting down EVGAs doors or leaving them bad reviews. 
Alchemist_
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 card Driver Error 2020/01/13 18:20:22 (permalink)
it's good that I read that the card makes a pop when you turn it on and off. I will not buy(((
really it was impossible to make a normal map with a lot of such cool details.
I have a motherboard makes only such a sound so it is 2007.
creative RX does not publish Prodigy HD2 does not publish, 2 motherboards do not publish.
that's why I need a nu Audio or Nu Audio Pro card.. if I always keep the speakers on.
p s I have 3 computers, there is something to compare.
Any chance You can fix this??  thought to buy Nu Audio
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile