EVGA

EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available!

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/17 19:20:45 (permalink)
So got mine today and so far its pretty solid board with a few exceptions,
1: media keys, evga logo and sliders are not lit. one of the great things of a backlit board is not needing bright lights to see the keys, not only are the media keys not lit they are smallish and kinda hidden above the num pad keys. and no lit logo? thats seems that would be a given on a premium priced board

2: those silver slider caps fly off like a spaceX rocket when you hit the catapult buttons, i mean front leg buttons.

3: packaging could use some work, not the packaging of the board per sey but the box and manual, no software in the box, which is fine, but not even a hint that you need the unleash software from
the website, nothing on the box about it at all and only a fleeting reference to software in the fold out paper inside, sure i knew that i needed it and were to go but not everyone might.

4: wrist rest, while very comfy and seems to hold place quite well it will flip up if you put to much pressure on the edge closest to you, needed to be curved down to prevent this.

5: last is the software, what a confusing mess this is, like two drunk frat boys did it before a toga party during spring break. why in the name of everything holy would the mouse version and the keyboard version not be together is beyond me and it is not user friendly at all, not even those hint bubbles that are in precision, nothing, its trial and error only. and the first section im still trying to figure out what the dimmer and volume slider icons are for, they dont let you adjust anything as far as i can tell, they are in the software just to fill a void i guess.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
Yattaro
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/18 05:43:14 (permalink)
quadlatte
and the first section im still trying to figure out what the dimmer and volume slider icons are for, they dont let you adjust anything as far as i can tell, they are in the software just to fill a void i guess.

Relating to this, I opened up an exported profile in a text editor out of curiosity and it turns out that there is a boolean value, "bDimmerVolume," that appeared to have some relation with the "configure dimmer/volume" option in the utility.

I changed the value to 1 and imported the profile.  Turns out it's supposed to reverse the use of the left and right sliders, making left volume and right dimmer instead of the default.  The utility reflects this:

The change doesn't actually apply though (the utility says they are reversed but the sliders still function the same as before), so I am assuming the functionality is broken in the firmware, which is likely why the switches are disabled in the utility.  But why not at the very least hide them, especially since this is an early release of the software?

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/18 06:25:27 (permalink)
quadlatte
1: media keys, evga logo and sliders are not lit. one of the great things of a backlit board is not needing bright lights to see the keys, not only are the media keys not lit they are smallish and kinda hidden above the num pad keys. and no lit logo? thats seems that would be a given on a premium priced board

2: those silver slider caps fly off like a spaceX rocket when you hit the catapult buttons, i mean front leg buttons.

3: packaging could use some work, not the packaging of the board per sey but the box and manual, no software in the box, which is fine, but not even a hint that you need the unleash software from
the website, nothing on the box about it at all and only a fleeting reference to software in the fold out paper inside, sure i knew that i needed it and were to go but not everyone might.

4: wrist rest, while very comfy and seems to hold place quite well it will flip up if you put to much pressure on the edge closest to you, needed to be curved down to prevent this.

5: last is the software, what a confusing mess this is, like two drunk frat boys did it before a toga party during spring break. why in the name of everything holy would the mouse version and the keyboard version not be together is beyond me and it is not user friendly at all, not even those hint bubbles that are in precision, nothing, its trial and error only. and the first section im still trying to figure out what the dimmer and volume slider icons are for, they dont let you adjust anything as far as i can tell, they are in the software just to fill a void i guess.

What a difference between a consumer review and review by a website that received the product for free.

jspiewak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/18 15:27:07 (permalink)
has anyone actually figured out how to display their cpu and gpu temp on the lcd screen yet ?
If i can figure that out i will really like this keyboard, but yes software and lack of documentation so far are less than stellar.
On the bright side the free mouse was in my box :-)
I also like having the clock on the screen but please allow me to choose non military time.

Talon5
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 428
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/18 16:32:09 (permalink)
jspiewak
has anyone actually figured out how to display their cpu and gpu temp on the lcd screen yet ?
If i can figure that out i will really like this keyboard, but yes software and lack of documentation so far are less than stellar.
I also like having the clock on the screen but please allow me to choose non military time.

You have to have the latest Precision xoc and configure in HWM which ones you want showing. Also go into the Z10 panel (4th button on right) and click to enable Precision under the Application tab. Not sure about the clock time.

Edited to add don`t forget to hit apply in the Z10 software once you enable Precision X.
post edited by Talon5 - 2018/04/18 16:40:19

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/18 16:52:18 (permalink)
jspiewak

you need version 6.2.5.1 beta, and yes it is beta software, you then click the HWM button and click each KB LCD button, its very limited, no FPS, Frame time mem temp etc.. just the basics and oh yeah the setting doesnt stay after reboot so you have to enable it in XOC each time you boot. i really like the last version way, had a large drop down menu to choose what you wanted. definitely needs work thats for sure. and also you can only fit three lines on the screen at a time, anything more and it switches back and forth and almost half of the lcd in this mode goes unused so plenty of room for more info per screen. it is bigger than it showed on the logitech so you can read it better but......

the 24hr time is silly, doesnt bother me to much since thats how i have all my clocks set but i could see most not caring for it.

quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/18 16:54:30 (permalink)
MSim
quadlatte

What a difference between a consumer review and review by a website that received the product for free.

yeah i take the "professional" reviews for what they are, sponsored adds mostly. there are a few that are a little more straight up but they are trying to make a buck so i can see why the do it.

havoc1482
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/18 21:01:44 (permalink)
I have faith that the software will improve with time. I already own the keyboard, might as well be optimistic. At least the hardware is good. 

I just really wish I could display more than GPU/MEM clocks and GPU temp, but again that's because of software (Beta PXOC) My wish is to have GPU/CPU temp, FPS and a clock all on the LCD.

Check out my PC! 
EVGA DG-85 (Case)
EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid (GPU) [x2 SLI]
EVGA 280 CLC (CPU Cooler)
EVGA Z370 FTW (Motherboard)
Intel i7 8700K (CPU)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB [2x8GB] (RAM)
Seasonic 850W (PSU)
Some Corsair fans, EVGA Z10 KB and X10 Mouse

jspiewak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/20 03:51:01 (permalink)
quadlatte
jspiewak

you need version 6.2.5.1 beta, and yes it is beta software, you then click the HWM button and click each KB LCD button, its very limited, no FPS, Frame time mem temp etc.. just the basics and oh yeah the setting doesnt stay after reboot so you have to enable it in XOC each time you boot. i really like the last version way, had a large drop down menu to choose what you wanted. definitely needs work thats for sure. and also you can only fit three lines on the screen at a time, anything more and it switches back and forth and almost half of the lcd in this mode goes unused so plenty of room for more info per screen. it is bigger than it showed on the logitech so you can read it better but......

the 24hr time is silly, doesnt bother me to much since thats how i have all my clocks set but i could see most not caring for it.

Thank you, this helped me out
Still took a bit of head scratching but eventually got the CPU and GPU temp i wanted.  But of course with XOC items displayed you cannot have the time on the screen as well.
Fingers crossed for vast improvement of the software.

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/20 09:58:54 (permalink)
Yattaro
quadlatte
and the first section im still trying to figure out what the dimmer and volume slider icons are for, they dont let you adjust anything as far as i can tell, they are in the software just to fill a void i guess.

[...]

I changed the value to 1 and imported the profile.  Turns out it's supposed to reverse the use of the left and right sliders, making left volume and right dimmer instead of the default.  The utility reflects this:

[...]

The change doesn't actually apply though (the utility says they are reversed but the sliders still function the same as before), so I am assuming the functionality is broken in the firmware, which is likely why the switches are disabled in the utility.  But why not at the very least hide them, especially since this is an early release of the software?

As Yattaro notes, the Dimmer/Volume section at the top of the main page is designed to work similarly to the FN and Windows Key - that is, clicking one will swap the function to the other.

Earlier versions of the software had this feature functioning, but we've currently disabled it while our driver team is working to improve functionality and eliminate bugs.
EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/20 10:54:17 (permalink)
Also, software version 1.0.7 / FW V66 is now available:

https://www.evga.com/support/download/

Yes, that is a jump from 1.0.3 to 1.0.7.
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/20 11:37:37 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM

Any new or fixed features in this release?

EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/20 11:42:56 (permalink)
quadlatte
EVGATech_LeeM

Any new or fixed features in this release?

Release Notes:
  • Increases key assignment functions
  • Improves performance with Precision XOC
  • Improves FN/Windows Key assignment in different profiles
  • Windows/App Key default set to disabled in Game mode
  • Improves Macro Manager function
  • Updates Firmware to V66
knucklz
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/04/24 08:02:35 (permalink)
any infos to qwertz and eu release?
chrebean1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 749
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/03 00:59:30 (permalink)
The keyboard is solid. The software (last version released 20 April 2018) needs a lot of work. There is a message in the software's update section about a newer version, but you can't see the new version number. Also, the word NEW in blue type is next to a supposedly new firmware update, but there's no way to activate the download.
Software needs a lot of work ... please fix soon.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/03 15:41:27 (permalink)
chrebean1
The keyboard is solid. The software (last version released 20 April 2018) needs a lot of work. There is a message in the software's update section about a newer version, but you can't see the new version number. Also, the word NEW in blue type is next to a supposedly new firmware update, but there's no way to activate the download.

On the one hand, I'm happy to report the software issue you experienced wasn't a software issue; on the other hand, I'm less pleased to report that it was human error (mine) in that the driver wasn't pushed live for download. 

In completely unrelated news, Unleash version 1.0.12 is now available.

Edit:  For these sorts of driver issues, please either send an email to webmaster@evga.com or PM / email me on the forums.
post edited by EVGATech_LeeM - 2018/05/03 15:49:54
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/03 15:52:12 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
chrebean1

On the one hand, I'm happy to report the software issue you experienced wasn't a software issue; on the other hand, I'm less pleased to report that it was human error (mine) in that the driver wasn't pushed live for download. 

Edit:  For these sorts of driver issues, please either send an email to webmaster@evga.com or PM / email me on the forums.

Except it says 1.0.7 but with today's date, might want to fix that

EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/03 15:57:06 (permalink)
quadlatte
EVGATech_LeeM
chrebean1

Can you show me where?  I had to refresh a couple times, but now it shows v1.0.12 for me.
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/03 20:50:56 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
quadlatte
EVGATech_LeeM
chrebean1

Can you show me where?  I had to refresh a couple times, but now it shows v1.0.12 for me.

the file is the correct one when you download it but just this part has the last version name

Attached Image(s)

EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/04 09:34:57 (permalink)
Hmm.  It only does that if you leave Show Latest Driver checked.  

Our programming team is looking into it.  Thanks.

Edit:  Fixed now.
post edited by EVGATech_LeeM - 2018/05/04 10:55:49
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/05 12:07:38 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM

cool

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/06 18:39:42 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM

Awesome.      

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/25 18:06:26 (permalink)
New driver is available:  https://evga.com/drivers

EVGA Unleash v1.0.18
Release Notes:
  • Fixed LED effect syncing issue between hardware/software
  • Performance enhancement for Key Illumination and Assignment
  • Enhanced Volume slider adjustment
  • Enhanced Macro Manager operation
  • Fixed real-time Macro Manager recording issue
  • Add Recovery Mode if user firmware upgrade fail
  • Add Multi-Language support
  • Add loading screen while saving/loading settings from hardware
  • Updates Firmware to v72
Yattaro
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/27 17:15:43 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
New driver is available: 

EVGA Unleash v1.0.18
Release Notes:
  • Fixed LED effect syncing issue between hardware/software
  • Performance enhancement for Key Illumination and Assignment
  • Enhanced Volume slider adjustment
  • Enhanced Macro Manager operation
  • Fixed real-time Macro Manager recording issue
  • Add Recovery Mode if user firmware upgrade fail
  • Add Multi-Language support
  • Add loading screen while saving/loading settings from hardware
  • Updates Firmware to v72

Just a heads up for anyone else with the issue, I came across a small problem while installing the latest update:

The setup could not create the installation directory supposedly due to insufficient permissions.  After creating the directory myself it worked fine.  Firmware and software seems to be a lot more responsive now.  My only gripe other than this little hiccup is that upgrading the software still requires you to completely remove the old version first, resulting in lost profiles and configuration.

chrebean1
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/31 13:38:30 (permalink)
After two months of owning this keyboard, it bit the dust last night night -- no lights, no key functionality, nothing. EVGA customer service promptly called me back this morning, and I'm "cross-shipping" my original Z-10 keyboard for a new one. Will see how the replacement works ...

Just sharing this information with y'all on installing the new software, which still wants to install "new firmware" after I've already done so. The pop-up prompt asks if I want to update the firmware, but does not list the current and newer versions. Recommend closing the pop-up window asking you to install the 'new' firmware upgrade, and then going to the Unleash program to verify that there actually is a new firmware update.  

Hopefully, these software issues will be resolved -- soon. Props to EVGA's great customer service folks for their prompt response to my RMA request.

EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/31 13:44:11 (permalink)
chrebean1
After two months of owning this keyboard, it bit the dust last night night -- no lights, no key functionality, nothing. EVGA customer service promptly called me back this morning, and I'm "cross-shipping" my original Z-10 keyboard for a new one. Will see how the replacement works ...

Just sharing this information with y'all on installing the new software, which still wants to install "new firmware" after I've already done so. The pop-up prompt asks if I want to update the firmware, but does not list the current and newer versions. Recommend closing the pop-up window asking you to install the 'new' firmware upgrade, and then going to the Unleash program to verify that there actually is a new firmware update.  

Hopefully, these software issues will be resolved -- soon. Props to EVGA's great customer service folks for their prompt response to my RMA request.

Out of curiosity, did you try unplugging and replugging the keyboard - then attempt to reinstall the drivers/FW?  Even if the lights are off and it's unresponsive, you might be able to reflash the firmware and get it working properly. 

If that doesn't work, I can try to email you an older firmware to try to see if it comes back to life.

Of course, if you still want to go with through the RMA, by all means go ahead.  But while you're waiting, this might be able to get you back up and running in the meantime.
chrebean1
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/05/31 14:08:54 (permalink)
Hi, Lee. 

Way ahead of you on troubleshooting -- tried all of those suggestions and then some. Prior to the keyboard malfunction, the keyboard would still light up, keys working, etc.,  even if the software wasn't installed on my PC. It won't do anything now -- it's in paperweight mode. 

Already initiated a cross-shipping RMA with your polite CS department. 

I still think the keyboard hardware is a solid product. The software and firmware (and their respective installation programs), in my opinion, still need more development. I don't have a software engineering background, but I could honestly see this as being a frustrating issue to you and your team.

Keep the faith 

Hopper64
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 735
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/06/01 06:52:04 (permalink)
Just installed the new 1.0.19 software. Uninstalled prior ...18 prior to this. Macros don't show up at all. They actually work still, but don't show up in the software. Reconfigured my macros and tried to reassign them to E1-5 but the software crashes every time. ??

Asus Maximus Z690E
i9 12900KS
GSkill F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RK
Samsung 980 Pro
Corsair AX1600i                                                   
Asus Strix 3090 OC
EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 and VTX 160
Creative SB X4
Asus ROG XG349C
twoes
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/07/23 07:44:01 (permalink)
as of july 23 2018 the logo is still present, so I assume that the deal is still active at the moment?

i.e. buy keyboard get mouse
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: EVGA Introduces the Z10 Keyboard - Now Available! 2018/07/23 19:42:05 (permalink)
twoes
as of july 23 2018 the logo is still present, so I assume that the deal is still active at the moment?

i.e. buy keyboard get mouse

The deal is still on. Only thing that would stop it would be if the supply runs out.  (While supplies last)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile