EVGA

EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Author
jushoxt
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/20 18:14:03 (permalink)
since mid January I've been getting random black screens. 

i have done all the standard tests to fix it. cable check, fresh install of the drivers, etc. nothing

I was at one point convinced that it might be a psu issue so i got a new one. its 100% a gpu. i have started to stream and the obs software told me the video card reboots. this card isnt even a year old.

i do not over clock. the temps stay around 55c with no spike during the black screen blip. i do have pression X1 but only to change the rgb because armory crate can not and i see other think that the software maybe the issue

6 Replies Related Threads

VirtualUnreality
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super 2021/03/20 22:03:28 (permalink)
     Not sure what might be most helpful since you say it's random--does it ever happen anywhere else besides when you're running OBS?  If it's only when using OBS, there are known issues which require disabling HDCP/HDR to solve if it's not one of the known OBS issues related to a recent W10 update ( See OBS support forums ).  If not related to the former, and you've already tried/can't find anything helpful here: https://forums.evga.com/Comprehensive-Windows-10-Black-Screen-Trouble-shooting-Guide-m3131813.aspx you may be in an RMA situation. GL and hope you don't have to RMA!

Want an easy way to save up to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the EVGA associate code Y8SZAS1DU12NL92 at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to say "Thank You!" for using it! 

When you register your products please use my Rewards Program Code: NHZXD6NWS9 when uploading your invoice.  Thank you!
    jushoxt
    Re: EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super 2021/03/20 22:09:12 (permalink)
    VirtualUnreality
     Not sure what might be most helpful since you say it's random--does it ever happen anywhere else besides when you're running OBS?  If it's only when using OBS, there are known issues which require disabling HDCP/HDR to solve if it's not one of the known OBS issues related to a recent W10 update ( See OBS support forums ).  If not related to the former, and you've already tried/can't find anything helpful here:  you may be in an RMA situation. GL and hope you don't have to RMA!

not a obs issue. it can happen when im watching youtube, it can happen when im playing a game and dont have obs on. i just mention obs because black screen dosnt give an error and obs said the video card rebooted. i have attached a pic from the monitoring tool i use for my system and you can see a power spike when it happaned and yes i replaced my power supply thinking it was that. so im on a new psu

Attached Image(s)

VirtualUnreality
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super 2021/03/20 23:41:49 (permalink)
    Yes, I noticed you mentioned new PSU previously and cables checked--doesn't sound like that's the problem; Not sure what's causing your 4.5X relative spike there since your Cpu/Gpu load in that screenshot are both low.  If you already tried using DDU/driver reinstall, video doesn't come back with a "WIN+CTRL+SHIFT+B" display refresh once the problem has occurred, and/or you've already tried clean boot troubleshooting to eliminate software causes, only other thing I can think of is to try a different Gpu if available to try and make sure it's Gpu vs. Mbd. and you could try the other HDMI/DP video output on this card you're not using to see if it works without issue to avoid having to RMA for now even if you're sure it's Gpu to get to the best time for you to RMA and minimize downtime if you wanted depending on remaining warranty time.

Want an easy way to save up to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the EVGA associate code Y8SZAS1DU12NL92 at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to say "Thank You!" for using it! 

When you register your products please use my Rewards Program Code: NHZXD6NWS9 when uploading your invoice.  Thank you!
    jushoxt
    Re: EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super 2021/03/20 23:46:05 (permalink)
    I have done a complete system wipe sending it back to day one right now I have done the uninstalled drivers and I reinstalled a driver from November before the issue occurred from reading the other Forum post if it is the driver it's the one you guys have been releasing since January. I'm still testing it but it's hard to stop it from updating
    VirtualUnreality
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super 2021/03/21 00:05:38 (permalink)
    It seems by your "you guys" comment you think I work for EVGA, which is not the case.  I'm just another person here in the forums often, and trying to help and build good Karma   Maybe pausing Windows Update and the Asus SW temporarily while you're troubleshooting helps stop the auto-update, and hopefully the earlier driver version works better for you.

ATIXIUM
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: EVGA Geforce RTX 2070 Super 2021/03/21 15:03:36 (permalink)
    this has been solved in various forums, just contributing my solutions to enough threads so mods can pick it up and add it to their troubleshooting steps for people.

1. Disable your RGB software that interacts with your videocard like armory crate videocard rgb, precision, corsair icue etc.
    2. Separate your connected hardware on Different electrical outlet sockets <- important, even if it means running an extension cord to another room or changing your power plugs on different surge protector
    3. Reset your windows power plan, update your windows 10 and update your motherboard bios.

post edited by ATIXIUM - 2021/03/21 15:27:37
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile