EVGA

EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 72
Author
PowerEagle
  • Total Posts : 88
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 15:46:42 (permalink)
I hope I can get one, or the XC3; I prefer kingpin. I just hope I can get an email that claims I can literally purchase one, and not be tricked into believing I will get one, but don't.
ejaworsk
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 15:53:57 (permalink)
DarthYodi
ejaworsk
DarthYodi
EVGA: Please consider giving us a general time frame during release day when this will be available. Many of us work, have different shift hours (i.e. during the evening to work with cross-timezone employees), etc where we will have to plan in advance to be available.

It would really be an awful experience to miss out on this card for months/forever due to a meeting or separate time schedule.

Especially in the current climate of how these cards are going...just a humble request for those of us that don't have the luxury of being at the EVGA page for hours on end without prior notice. Even just giving a few hours range so we can plan around something like that would be really great.

I think EVGA not announcing a time was a really good idea. If nobody knows when it happens then everyone is going to be on even ground. If EVGA tells everyone ahead of time then the scalpers are going to get their bots ready. If you've ever tried to buy MIDWEEK MADNESS at 12 PST on wednesdays (a predetermined time), you would know what i mean. As soon as the time hits, EVGA's site is down for 15 minutes and i cant even open the page. By the time the site is up and i can open the page everything good is gone. Im guessing people purposely flood the site with bots to disrupt others' buying ability. when the 30 series hybrids were released, the site didn't go down at all.

I think that's good that EVGA is rewarding the people that monitor the site 24/7, as time is valuable. It gives the loyal customer a better chance vs computer scripts. 

That's absolutely ridiculous and alienates anyone who works different shifts/hours/etc or has a job they can't just break away from at a tweet's instant notice. If no one knows the drop time, the bots are literally made for that situation. I'm assuming you have no experience programming a bot or haven't torn through their source code, but like the other poster said before me, bots don't care what time it is. They will win no matter what if they can figure out the link. Giving loyal members a heads up on time is completely different. They could even put the time on the Elite members only page (which will leak out, but it's better than announcing on twitter if that's what you're suggesting.) And honestly, if you think bots are buying all the cards at this point, you're sorely mistaken. I know many individuals who have purchased multiple cards to test with or run SLI with and did so without a single ounce of assistance from a bot. Just because some end up on auction sites or Facebook doesn't mean bots bought them. There's a mass amount of traffic when a card hits, it's just how it is with the current state of tech, look at AMD's launch. As this is a limited production card, you're saying it's fair to miss out on it forever because you work night hours with colleagues overseas and had no idea it would launch at 10AM PST on Friday or something? I don't think so.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but it sure isn't what happened with the Hybrid/HC cards.

Either way, hopefully Vince tells us more next week!

The site didnt go down when the hybrids notifies went out. Hmm wonder why...

im not referring to bots that search for product availability, EVGA has done a good job at combatting these. Im talking about people purposely spamming scripts to join the site over and over so that the site cant handle it. Similar to DDOS. 

DarthYodi
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 17:52:07 (permalink)
ejaworsk

im not referring to bots that search for product availability, EVGA has done a good job at combatting these. Im talking about people purposely spamming scripts to join the site over and over so that the site cant handle it. Similar to DDOS. 

This isn't primarily about the KPE anymore so I'll keep this brief, but the site didn't go down as there aren't as many people/bots vying for these cards as release day. No sites are "going down" anymore. Like I said, it's been much easier to get a card if you have a release time or restock time; yes - even with bots around. Many people received 3+ cards to benchmark between to retain the highest performing card and have not used a single bot to do so.

If someone is sitting here at this point DDOSing ("joining"?) the site when they could be either obtaining a card or making money with a bot, I would be amazed.  You're creating an invalid argument here by utilizing the reference that the site didn't go down for the Hybrid cards, so I'll leave you to look up logical fallacies and figure out where you went wrong.

Either way, hopefully EVGA comes up with a decent way to handle this launch that isn't what you're suggesting as that is most certainly the worst method.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to other topics though for everyone else in this thread: how has the process been for getting the XOC BIOS for this card? You have to contact Vince to get it or does EVGA handle that? I thought I had seen someone state it was Vince, but not sure.

In addition, interesting that the 6 MLCC is confirmed via Vince's production card image. Also, it seems that people on IG aren't aware that Micron is partnered to make the G6X memory though as many are posting and are confused why it is Micron.
ejaworsk
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 18:20:36 (permalink)
DarthYodi
ejaworsk

This isn't primarily about the KPE anymore so I'll keep this brief, but the site didn't go down as there aren't as many people/bots vying for these cards as release day. No sites are "going down" anymore. Like I said, it's been much easier to get a card if you have a release time or restock time; yes - even with bots around. Many people received 3+ cards to benchmark between to retain the highest performing card and have not used a single bot to do so.

If someone is sitting here at this point DDOSing ("joining"?) the site when they could be either obtaining a card or making money with a bot, I would be amazed.  You're creating an invalid argument here by utilizing the reference that the site didn't go down for the Hybrid cards, so I'll leave you to look up logical fallacies and figure out where you went wrong.

Either way, hopefully EVGA comes up with a decent way to handle this launch that isn't what you're suggesting as that is most certainly the worst method.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to other topics though for everyone else in this thread: how has the process been for getting the XOC BIOS for this card? You have to contact Vince to get it or does EVGA handle that? I thought I had seen someone state it was Vince, but not sure.

In addition, interesting that the 6 MLCC is confirmed via Vince's production card image. Also, it seems that people on IG aren't aware that Micron is partnered to make the G6X memory though as many are posting and are confused why it is Micron.

I didnt know i "went wrong" by expressing my opinion on EVGA's process improvement; as it applies to the release of future products (kingpin). Isnt that what forums are for? 

Just like you are entitled to continue complaining and play the victim of EVGA's effort. 
fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 18:42:47 (permalink)
DarthYodi

For the 2080Ti KPE, the XOC VBIOS (and Classified OC Tool) was posted on TiN's XDEV's page.  With TiN gone from EVGA (that's my understanding), maybe it'll go back to having to reach out to Vince again.  I think reaching out to Vince was the method for the 1080Ti KPE.
NICROD
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 465
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 19:34:35 (permalink)
fragility_V1
DarthYodi

For the 2080Ti KPE, the XOC VBIOS (and Classified OC Tool) was posted on TiN's XDEV's page.  With TiN gone from EVGA (that's my understanding), maybe it'll go back to having to reach out to Vince again.  I think reaching out to Vince was the method for the 1080Ti KPE.

I think you maybe right. I'm not seeing anything related on xdevs, which was an amazing resource and hopefully we get some useful resources there in the coming days.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 19025
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 20:04:30 (permalink)

Jacob, or anyone else in the know:

• From the photos (renders) released so far, I see the Hybrid KP has the power connectors located at the end of the card. Will this be the same for the Hydro Copper card?
  • What is the length of the card - is it the same PCB length as the 3090 FTW3 Ultra cards?
  • Will EVGA consider making 90° adapters available if it is a full length card? - connectors at the end on a full length card may create issues with front radiators and fans for some users, and I would hesitate to buy 3rd party 90° adapters with the amount of power going through...

Thanks.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/11/15 20:11:26

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 21:27:26 (permalink)
Nereus
  • From the photos (renders) released so far, I see the Hybrid KP has the power connectors located at the end of the card. Will this be the same for the Hydro Copper card?
  • What is the length of the card - is it the same PCB length as the 3090 FTW3 Ultra cards?
  • Will EVGA consider making 90° adapters available if it is a full length card? - connectors at the end on a full length card may create issues with front radiators and fans for some users, and I would hesitate to buy 3rd party 90° adapters with the amount of power going through...

1.  I would assume the power connectors would be the same on the HC card.  Same PCB for both versions, just a different cooler.
2.  Length...thought dimensions were mentioned somewhere else in this thread.  Probably similar to FTW3.
3.  Doubt they'll make adapters.  KPE is a niche card, so making adapters just for it doesn't seem likely/cost efficient.  
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2413
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 21:30:04 (permalink)
I thought I seen somewhere here in the forums they were talking about making a power link that's for 3x 8 pin power connection instead of just dual. That would be nice.

fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 21:33:24 (permalink)
sparetimepc
I thought I seen somewhere here in the forums they were talking about making a power link that's for 3x 8 pin power connection instead of just dual. That would be nice.

Jacob answered a question on that in last week's stream, I think his answer was they're currently not working on one but would consider it.  And wouldn't likely work for the KPE since the PCIe power connections are on the rear of the card anyway.
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/15 21:35:44 (permalink)
fragility_V1
sparetimepc

Jacob answered a question on that in last week's stream, I think his answer was they're currently not working on one but would consider it.  And wouldn't likely work for the KPE since the PCIe power connections are on the rear of the card anyway.

Yeah I was just talking about the other models with the 3x 8 pins on the side and not the end. Should have been more clear when I said it 😃

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 00:08:58 (permalink)
sparetimepc
fragility_V1
sparetimepc

Yeah I was just talking about the other models with the 3x 8 pins on the side and not the end. Should have been more clear when I said it 😃

KP usually being a limited run I imagine you're correct, but it still would be very helpful for those cards.

bwanaaa
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 185
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 05:45:56 (permalink)
Hello fellow circuitheads,
Has anyone found the signup page for this card? I’m sure they made it and are just waiting to paste the link on its landing page. Of course if someone creative with url construction accidentally happened upon the page, I would appreciate it. Or do you think bots already do this? Not just scraping a website but fuzzing the url until they don’t get a 404 error?

EVGA Dark
Intel i7 4930k
EVGA GTC 780 SC ACX
Corsair cmd32gx3m4a 1866 c9 1.6v 32g
Samsung 256 840pro   WD Black 2 gig   LG Bluray
Seasonic Platinum 1000 Corsair H110 Nanoxia DS-1
BIOS 2.07 Win7Pro 4.6 ghz @ 1.36v PLL on vDroop off
Pics:  http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2031177#2031177
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 05:54:06 (permalink)
There is no actual page for it yet, supposed to be this week sometime I believe

bwanaaa
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 185
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 07:24:22 (permalink)
I bet the page already exists on the server. It’s just the url that’s secret

EVGA Dark
Intel i7 4930k
EVGA GTC 780 SC ACX
Corsair cmd32gx3m4a 1866 c9 1.6v 32g
Samsung 256 840pro   WD Black 2 gig   LG Bluray
Seasonic Platinum 1000 Corsair H110 Nanoxia DS-1
BIOS 2.07 Win7Pro 4.6 ghz @ 1.36v PLL on vDroop off
Pics:  http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2031177#2031177
NICROD
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 07:38:25 (permalink)
I'm sure they already built the page since we are so close to it being released now. Just watched framechasers video this morning and he is bashing the heck out of EVGA. I will obviously not be taking his advise. EVGA is the only company that is taking any steps to help their customers get a card. It will be interesting to see how they handle the KP launch. I will be glued to my PC this week.
tbrown7552
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 162
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 07:52:23 (permalink)
bwanaaa

The page is already built its just not on the webserver. Ive already tried guessing the URL/SKU. All 404 errors.
misomalu
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 10:44:27 (permalink)
tbrown7552
bwanaaa

The page is already built its just not on the webserver. Ive already tried guessing the URL/SKU. All 404 errors.

Although accidents happen, there's a million ways to prevent a webpage from being served while it's already on the server. A secret URL is a terrible idea when you can just filter all HTTP requests to that product until you're given the go-ahead to launch the webpage. I've already been scraping away to try and get some more details, but haven't found anything significant so far. Not that I would share if I did - I got your back, EVGA 
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 10:56:30 (permalink)
Nereus

Yes. KP card length is 288mm

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 11:03:20 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Nereus

Yes. KP card length is 288mm

Thanks. ~12mm less than the 3090 FTW3 Ultra ICX.. so it may just fit in my case.

PowerEagle
  • Total Posts : 88
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 16:05:08 (permalink)
Who cares about size, I could fit a 14 inch; I just hope I can get one. 
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 16:36:45 (permalink)
PowerEagle

That's what she said.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/11/16 16:40:48

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 16:43:27 (permalink)
I am just hopeful that the auto-notifies will go to real gamers and enthusiasts, and not bots and scalpers....  I hope EVGA has a plan.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

NICROD
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 16:45:51 (permalink)
Nereus
PowerEagle

That's what she said.

LOL! Nice.
misomalu
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 16:56:58 (permalink)
enewt
I am just hopeful that the auto-notifies will go to real gamers and enthusiasts, and not bots and scalpers....  I hope EVGA has a plan.

I feel you, I haven't had a top of the line GPU for years because I've been in school. I've been salivating over KPE cards for years, and it's brutal to think that I might not get one despite being prepared to drop $3,000 CAD on it.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 17:03:04 (permalink)
NICROD
Nereus
PowerEagle

That's what she said.

LOL! Nice.

redarman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 231
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 17:03:42 (permalink)
enewt

HC and hybrid cards went up without warning and POOF instantly.
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 17:06:43 (permalink)
redarman
enewt

Don't remind me.  

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

maytheus
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 17:10:25 (permalink)
enewt
redarman
enewt

Don't remind me.  

Hey remember that time EVGA announced HC cards via a social media post and didn't tell its most avid fans on its own website that they had been watching for months?  I 'member. 

CPU: Intel i9 10900k
MB: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ~ PSU: eVGA 1000W T2 Titanium
RAM: 4x8GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo F4-3600C16D-16GTZN CL16-16-16-36
Video Card: eVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL w/ Lian Li Unifan Case Fans
SSDs/HDDs: Sabrent Rocket 500gb PCI 4 NVMe SSD, Sabrent Rocket 2TB PCI 4 NVMe SSD
Display: LG 34GP83A-B 34" Ultrawide Curved QHD 1440p Monitor @ 144hz
Mouse: Logitech G900 ~ Mouse Mat: Gamers Nexus Mouse Mat
Keyboard: Logitech G910 ~ Sound: Schitt Hel External DAC w/ Sennhesier HD6XX Headset and Modmic
Watercooling: EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock; EK GPU Block; Heatkiller Tube Res; EK Rads (PE360 and XE360)
redarman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 231
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Coming soon 2020/11/16 17:15:31 (permalink)
maytheus
enewt
redarman
enewt

Don't remind me.  

Hey remember that time EVGA announced HC cards via a social media post and didn't tell its most avid fans on its own website that they had been watching for months?  I 'member. 

Oh yea, I know your point wasn't to praise but I guess I forgot that they posted on Twitter during the release. Would've been nice if they had even considered their fans here.
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 72
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile