EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 PCB Breakdown (GN/Buildzoid)

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
psychonautical
  • Total Posts : 51
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 PCB Breakdown (GN/Buildzoid) 2020/11/13 11:14:35 (permalink)
xxDarkxx
I’m personally satisfied with my evga card
It could be because i have a great sample but with that said, i agree most of the items he talks about is irrelevant to 99% of ppl.

Also he was very impressed with the sheer amount of power stages+ additional 6 uncore which are excellent

That said. Lets keep pushing these companies to give us the best that they can

this person gets it
whicker
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 PCB Breakdown (GN/Buildzoid) 2020/11/13 12:47:59 (permalink)
While it is a little disappointing, my 3080 runs great and overclocks really well under normal cooling conditions lol. EVGA are the only reason I have a card due to the queue so I had no issue with supporting them this gen. 

That being said, I really hope they take a step back re-evaluate what they are doing aesthetic and board quality wise. They could do much better. 
Titanmode1407
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 PCB Breakdown (GN/Buildzoid) 2020/11/15 19:56:21 (permalink)
I usually only buy evga cards. But after taking a look at this pcb I'm not so sure now. Its sad you need to buy the kingpin card to get decent caps. Also why in the hell does the ftw 3 come with thermal puddy instead of pads for the vrm's? I planned on watercooling this generation and this seems like a headache to reattach the cooler if I ever needed to. Not sure what I want to do but the strix looks like a work of art under the hood compared to evga this gen. Hoping for a revision by the time the 3080ti lands
nikiangel
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 PCB Breakdown (GN/Buildzoid) 2020/11/19 15:08:45 (permalink)
EVGA is an icon for me, but after reading this thread I'm going to cancel my order of 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming.
Maybe it's just fine card, but after the review of the components used, and the complains of cards dying, I will pass.
As I said, maybe it's fine, and the price I'm asked to pay (1100 euro) is not what EVGA wants, and not corresponds to the components and research spent for the card.
I'm happy to pay that price, but was expecting more, which it seems will not be delivered with this card.
The strix is listed for 100 euro less, I just have to wait to be in stock. 
KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1030
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 PCB Breakdown (GN/Buildzoid) 2020/11/19 18:03:09 (permalink)
nikiangel
EVGA is an icon for me, but after reading this thread I'm going to cancel my order of 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming.
Maybe it's just fine card, but after the review of the components used, and the complains of cards dying, I will pass.
As I said, maybe it's fine, and the price I'm asked to pay (1100 euro) is not what EVGA wants, and not corresponds to the components and research spent for the card.
I'm happy to pay that price, but was expecting more, which it seems will not be delivered with this card.
The strix is listed for 100 euro less, I just have to wait to be in stock. 

100 Euro less for a Strix sounds worth it if you can wait honestly.

In most other countries the Strix is more.

People criticize the FTW3, yes the price is a bit up there but it still does perform near the top, the components didn't stop that. Where did the price go? To the RGB lightbar and that's what this card is, it's a aesthetic card for sure. Made me build an entire RGB build around it because it looked so nice.

Now I understand that manynsont give a **** about RGB. Maybe EVGA can make a FTW3 non-gmaing and non- ultra that doesn't have an RGB bar and reduce the price just above the XC3 Ultra. Or is that the XC3 Ultra? Lol.

But to reiterate, the card still performs at the top. This Buildzoid video didn't change what we knew about the card before hand. Coming down to perosnal preference, it definitely has the most awesome RGB effect.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile