EVGA

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070/1060 Stock Thread

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 60
Author
scorpion73
  • Total Posts : 63
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/28 23:22:34 (permalink)
First priority is US shop? It will mean that my first priority will be to not buy EVGA anymore.
That's really hurting how EVGA is treating EU customers, i think that should be reported on all EU forums about HW.
Nostyke
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/28 23:27:01 (permalink)
LucidWaker
I did my pre-order on eu.evga.com, not so long after release. I did not realize then how rare even the pre-order button was going to be. After that, the availability issues started, the whole "whoops, forgot to fill pre-orders and sent some cards to retailers"-debacle happened. Maybe it was a mistake or it was just business. Still, I was not worried, I had my pre-order in and was going to get a 1080 FTW soon because I had some priority.

But now I'm reading that FTW's are trickling down to US retailers and pre-orders but EU (and apparently Canada) pre-orders are getting nothing, let alone retail stock. I'm really hoping that the update that was promised today is some positive news on the EU (and Canada - I won't forget you guys ) situation.

yep same here, preordered on the 28th on the EU website, i really didn't think that button would be so rare. I really hope they're finally going to be start shipping out this week, it honestly feels like Europe is getting the shaft again from almost every manufacturer, i've been keeping my eye on various european websites and almost none have had any sort of aftermarket card in stock so far.
i do appreciate Jacob keeping us a little up to date at least, but the wait is becoming a burden now :(
Sittdown
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/28 23:29:39 (permalink)
Ordered FTW the day it was available from NCIX. Was told that they weren't going to be receiving them untill June 17, add shipping onto that and it's almost a months wait. Now it's been delayed untill July 11th. Now I need to wait ANOTHER month to put it in my new $3000 system I built just for this card, while being bottleneck'd by a 960. I sure hope that they've actually shipped to NCIX as EVGA somehow received enough stock to put the sales back on today.
Thegm963
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 00:19:46 (permalink)
Yeah like the financial crisis and brexit wasn't enough, EU isn't getting any stock either, dark times ahead...
Frankly I think I ll also ask for a refund if there won't be any news this week despite being almost first in line. Though in my backwater country the scalpers are actually the retailers and charge 1000-1200$ for custom cooled boards and EU stores that deliver here are also don't have any stock of the alternative cards I d buy.
post edited by Thegm963 - 2016/06/29 00:26:50
FoucaultLeon
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 00:22:14 (permalink)
Have the same problem here in germany. Called my reseller (alternate) several times for the actual situation. They told me, that they are also waiting for a shippment. Some days they get one or two, other days none. And I had preordered it, too.
It is strange that evga is not able to deliver enough cards. Or is the run for the cards so high atm?
Can't believe there are so man early adopters.
Thegm963
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 00:31:23 (permalink)
FoucaultLeon
Have the same problem here in germany. Called my reseller (alternate) several times for the actual situation. They told me, that they are also waiting for a shippment. Some days they get one or two, other days none. And I had preordered it, too.
It is strange that evga is not able to deliver enough cards. Or is the run for the cards so high atm?

I m more annoyed that they are giving prio to US customers, then retailers and then eu.evga customers instead of just distributing stuff equaly or based on preorder time. Apart from paying the most for the cards, whats the point ordering directly from here if not going to get them any faster than say caseking preorders which sell at the exact same price too.
HowlingWolf
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 00:51:10 (permalink)
As uncommon as it may be, I'd love to see some actual numbers. Something in the way of orders they received and maybe a bit about how many they are able to produce every day. Who knows, maybe we will be told.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 01:27:17 (permalink)
FoucaultLeon

Yes, it is that high.
Thegm963
FoucaultLeon

I m more annoyed that they are giving prio to US customers, then retailers and then eu.evga customers instead of just distributing stuff equaly or based on preorder time. Apart from paying the most for the cards, whats the point ordering directly from here if not going to get them any faster than say caseking preorders which sell at the exact same price too.

Not trying to bust your parade, but EVGA is stationed in the U.S., and the cards are manufactured in Taiwan. If we are to look at this at a logistic stand point... Boats are so much easier to ship when coming from over seas VS using an airplane, cheaper, easier, and less issues occur (even though boats take longer, they're still cheaper and easier). With boats being the choice to ship out from Taiwan, the U.S. is closer, and not only that, they probably have easier methods due to custom and import laws. Mainly, due to it taking less time to ship to U.S., they will send them there first, because all they have to do is go straight to California from boat. IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE.... EVGA headquarters is stationed in Brea, California (in the U.S.)

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
FoucaultLeon
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 01:56:59 (permalink)
But as a company, which acts globaly, it should be the target to distribute the hardware even to the different areas, just balanced by the awaited numbers of soled cards. And if they are not able to fullfill every preorder, they should even balance the markets and not leave out any totally.
As I wrote before... Here in germany most resellers get one or two cards per day... Maybe. And not more.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:03:22 (permalink)
FoucaultLeon
But as a company, which acts globaly, it should be the target to distribute the hardware even to the different areas, just balanced by the awaited numbers of soled cards. And if they are not able to fullfill every preorder, they should even balance the markets and not leave out any totally.
As I wrote before... Here in germany most resellers get one or two cards per day... Maybe. And not more.

Read them both
http://techfrag.com/2016/06/27/nvidia-gtx-1080-gtx-1070-supply-issues-high-demand-lack-wafers-tsmc/

Latest reports from industry insiders suggest that Nvidia’s recently-released Pascal based graphics cards, namely the Geforce GTX 1080 and GTX 1070, are selling excellent. However, the unprecedented demand has apparently caused product shortage, with majority of retail outlets running out of stock. It’s been around a month since Nvidia launched the new GeForce cards, but there are numerous buyers who are still having a hard time getting their hands on the cards.

http://semiaccurate.com/2016/06/24/serious-manufacturing-problem-hits-nvidia-consumer-gpus/

SemiAccurate is hearing of a serious problem affecting Nvidia’s GPU supply. If this turns out to be what SemiAccurate’s sources are describing, it may change the GPU market for the rest of the year.

post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/06/29 02:09:54

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Thegm963
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:12:20 (permalink)
stalinx20
FoucaultLeon

Yes, it is that high.
Thegm963
FoucaultLeon

Not trying to bust your parade, but EVGA is stationed in the U.S., and the cards are manufactured in Taiwan. If we are to look at this at a logistic stand point... Boats are so much easier to ship when coming from over seas VS using an airplane, cheaper, easier, and less issues occur (even though boats take longer, they're still cheaper and easier). With boats being the choice to ship out from Taiwan, the U.S. is closer, and not only that, they probably have easier methods due to custom and import laws. Mainly, due to it taking less time to ship to U.S., they will send them there first, because all they have to do is go straight to California from boat. IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE.... EVGA headquarters is stationed in Brea, California (in the U.S.)

Yeah except almost all other board partners are also based either in taiwan(say msi, gigabyte) or US(asus) if not mistaken and their cards are a lot more available around the world and also seem less affected by these rumored production issues. So that distance/convenience argument doesn't sound convincing and I doubt demand for evga is that high compared to the rest, I mean apart from little better aftersales support and being less grumpy on warranty voids, it's same stuff...
post edited by Thegm963 - 2016/06/29 02:14:52
Steno75
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:12:40 (permalink)
stalinx20
FoucaultLeon

Read them both

Latest reports from industry insiders suggest that Nvidia’s recently-released Pascal based graphics cards, namely the Geforce GTX 1080 and GTX 1070, are selling excellent. However, the unprecedented demand has apparently caused product shortage, with majority of retail outlets running out of stock. It’s been around a month since Nvidia launched the new GeForce cards, but there are numerous buyers who are still having a hard time getting their hands on the cards.

SemiAccurate is hearing of a serious problem affecting Nvidia’s GPU supply. If this turns out to be what SemiAccurate’s sources are describing, it may change the GPU market for the rest of the year.

true :) In fact, I stopped paying for preorder and bought a asus 1080 strix , arrives today
HowlingWolf
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:13:05 (permalink)
stalinx20
FoucaultLeon

Read them both

The first post is nothing but speculation... Just another hype story ment to draw in people.

The second post doesn't even show anything but disclaimers?
HowlingWolf
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:18:19 (permalink)
I'd also like to note that many of my local online stores have many GTX 1080 FE in stock.... With that would you still say that there is a shortage on chips?
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:21:02 (permalink)
HowlingWolf
I'd also like to note that many of my local online stores have many GTX 1080 FE in stock.... With that would you still say that there is a shortage on chips?

Does EVGA have any cards in stock? If "No", then it must be some tactic that EVGA is holding up on, right? Please....
Do yourself a favor and buy from your local online stores, and call it a day. At least it will arrive quicker.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:29:39 (permalink)
HowlingWolf
stalinx20
FoucaultLeon

Read them both

The first post is nothing but speculation... Just another hype story ment to draw in people.

Maybe so, but I don't see any of you trying to dig up or try and find any information to see why and how it would due to a "GPU shortage". All I see are complaints that Nvidia "is doing nothing". Do you really think Nvidia is going to come out and tell the world that they are unable to satisfy the people due to the fact they cannot keep the GPUs in stock? nobody would do that at all. Totally embaressing. You won't hear a word from Nvidia on this one.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:37:50 (permalink)
HowlingWolf
stalinx20
FoucaultLeon

Read them both

Here you go... Here is another one saying the same thing.
http://en.yibada.com/articles/135866/20160627/tsmc-being-blamed-nvidia-gtx-1080-1070-supply-issues-retailer.htm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gtx+1080+out+of+stock

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
HowlingWolf
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:48:10 (permalink)
stalinx20
Here you go... Here is another one saying the same thing.

Once more, nobody is able to confirm anything at this point. However the current shortage and the supposed blame on TSMC does bring up another question, to me at least, Why has it taken Nvidia this long to provide their own new HB-SLI bridges? They have just recently placed them up for sale, I signed up for a auto-notify which I am still waiting for, but why not sooner, surely they knew that people would want to purchase these with their GTX 1080?

Lanzus
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:52:20 (permalink)
Give a damn about infos and sources ... and anyway: source you pick, info you get.

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/40994-nvidia-has-no-16nm-yield-issues 

here ya go, No yield issues on this one. So ? 

MSI, Asus and Palit (just 3 example) do not have this severe shortage you are talking about. This a clear choice (and jacob was clear about it) that evga.com and US HAVE PRIORITY. This is not about supply ! Is about choices. We (EU) are second class costumers. PERIOD. 
LucidWaker
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:56:23 (permalink)
For me the point now is that if you disregard the GPU shortage problems, the distribution seems to be what people are getting cranky over in the end (myself included, I must admit). Seeing people picking up those few 1080 FTW's from retail 2-3 weeks after release while you're just waiting around for your Day One or Two pre-order and not having any information at all on when to expect your card is a pretty crappy situation imo. But a situation EVGA can possibly address by taking control of their stock flows and recognizing priorities.

If EVGA's service really is as great as a lot of the people on this forum say, surely they could put in some extra effort to just deal with shipping and customs and make sure pre-orders get filled globally instead of just in the US.

Silverstone FT02B-W | ASUS Z170 Pro | i5 6600K | 16GB RAM | 2x EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX3.0 SLI]
HowlingWolf
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:57:15 (permalink)
Lanzus
Give a damn about infos and sources ... and anyway: source you pick, info you get.

MSI, Asus and Palit (just 3 example) do not have this severe shortage you are talking about. This a clear choice (and jacob was clear about it) that evga.com and US HAVE PRIORITY. This is not about supply ! Is about choices. We (EU) are second class costumers. PERIOD. 

Don't you dare and forget those lovely, maple syrup loving, Canadians 
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 02:57:40 (permalink)
More U.S. blaming? Lol....
post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/06/29 03:00:00

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
HowlingWolf
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 03:06:56 (permalink)
stalinx20
More U.S. blaming? Lol....

It seems that people have been stepping on your feet? Especially since you changed your post within seconds after posting it?

The thing that people are asking is just pure clarity, be open to us for once. All these companies, always hiding numbers because they are scared that people will give them an even larger backlash due to them releasing these. This has been going on for years on end now, without seemingly an end to this. This only adds to the frustrating element of having purchased something, than to hear it being delayed over and over again. 

If you were to purchase an apple, would you be happy to just have the store tell you; "I am sorry, but we are currently giving these apples to the person across the street from you. Please wait another week." only to come back next week and hear the exact same story?

Nobody is being open and honest with consumers and this is creating a huge amount of frustration. At some point this will be released. It is no longer a question about if it is ever released, it is now a question of when will it be released.

Please understand that i am not sitting here blaming the US, I am not bashing on any specific company. Why you may ask, because I am yet to see any company that is to come out and actually be honest with their consumers.

(Remember the woman that got 10.000 from Microsoft because their windows 10 update killed her computer? Yeah, they instantly said that they did not admit any guilt, rather that they would pay just so there would be no court case made against them again.)
post edited by HowlingWolf - 2016/06/29 03:10:00
Lanzus
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 03:08:16 (permalink)
HowlingWolf
Lanzus

Don't you dare and forget those lovely, maple syrup loving, Canadians 

You want to be second class costumers with us ? You are walcome dude ! Cheers :)
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 03:12:37 (permalink)
Howlingwolf, just like Nvidia has done in the past, you will get a runaround if you're trying to "understand" what's going on. Like I said before, order from your "local online stores", and save yourself some time. Good luck.

The fact the "woman got 10,000 from Microsoft" is irrelevant to the topic of the 1080/1070 being in stock.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
HowlingWolf
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 03:30:21 (permalink)
stalinx20
Howlingwolf, just like Nvidia has done in the past, you will get a runaround if you're trying to "understand" what's going on. Like I said before, order from your "local online stores", and save yourself some time. Good luck.

I'd like to congratulate you on reading my story and summarizing it.

stalinx20
The fact the "woman got 10,000 from Microsoft" is irrelevant to the topic of the 1080/1070 being in stock.

It is meant to be an illustration of my actual point, which you missed. It was never meant to be directly relevant to the 1080/1070 being in stock. It was about the companies refusing to see us as clients but rather as consumers. Meaning that they are currently thinking, and actually getting away with, that we are not the ones paying their bills. Thinking that they can live on without our purchases.

They are creating their own time-bombs right here, right now. Whether or not you and they decide to see it, is up to you and them.
HowlingWolf
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 03:36:21 (permalink)
One way or another, we are getting of topic. The goal was for us to get information from them, we could go on and on about our discussion but in the end, it seems that we would still be opposed to each other.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6118
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 04:12:42 (permalink)
Picked up a FE from Best Buy on the way home last night. NV Branded...nice card..quick...

When eVGA puts out its hybrid I'll get one of those and give this to my friend....

The card eats Doom and Warframe for lunch....still has an appetite...

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

ikergarcia1996
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 04:25:20 (permalink)
So, looks like shipments to Europe have been canceled...

. reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4qesuv/stock_of_evga_1080_not_coming_through_til_august/
glenn37216
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 475
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread 2016/06/29 04:33:24 (permalink)
Blame it on the brexit biscuits. Can you just order from a US store and have it shipped to the UK? Err that might not be worth it with Vat taxes... shipping fees etc but what other choice you got ?

BTW- Anyone know the U.S. price of the Classified ?
post edited by glenn37216 - 2016/06/29 04:45:21
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 60
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile