EVGA

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING Fan Not Spinning

Author
BigDrifter
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/08/20 20:37:44 (permalink)
Hi Guys!, my EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING Fan is not spinning...

I have tried using evga precision fan control still not working. I have tried use it to play a game until it the heat reach 60 degree  the fan still not working either. Any ideas ?

Do i need to update bios or firmware ?

Thank Youuu... 

3 Replies Related Threads

PietroBR
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1202
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING Fan Not Spinning 2017/08/21 04:38:25 (permalink)
    Just to make sure, you downloaded Precision X O.C. correct? Usually it comes with a firmware update, if your's out of date.
    The 1080Ti tend to only spin after 60ºC, but a custom fan curve can (at least should) resolve this.

Other then that, if it's not spinning at all, maybe the fan connector is not properly seated on the GPU PCB (?).

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING Fan Not Spinning 2017/08/21 04:56:21 (permalink)
    +1

It may be hard to see if fan is connected with card in your PC,
    (Always remove the cord to your PSU and let it discharge and other powered devices before removing anything from MB)

For the Precision OCX 6.1.14 (currently) firmware to work - You must........

Run OCX - (first time a dialog box should open about update to firmware)
    Shutdown PC
    Remove ALL power (unplug PSU, monitor, usb hubs ...)
    Hold PC start button down 20 -30 seconds (discharges capacitors in PSU)

***** This is a Good time to check that your fans can be moved easily by hand

NOW -- Plug everything back in and start your PC

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49166
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING Fan Not Spinning 2017/08/21 15:02:40 (permalink)
    #1 Remove GPU fan shroud and make sure the GPU fan cable is fully seated and secure to the GPU PCB fan header.

#2 Make sure the card is fully seated to the MB. Make sure the PCI-E power cables are fully seated and secure at the PSU side & GPU side.

#3 Uninstall all monitoring software. (Precision, Afterburner, Speedfan, HWMonitor, etc.)

#4 Perform a clean installation of the most recent video drivers:
    • Uninstall Precision X/MSI Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.  Reboot the PC now if you had to uninstall PX or Afterburner.
    • Use DDU (Display driver uninstaller) in safe mode to clean out all your nvidia drivers. Use the clean and restart (highly recommended) option.
    • Download & save the most recent graphics driver to your desktop. You can find the most recent graphics driver here.
    • Run the graphics installer located on your desktop once the download is complete.
    • Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options except graphics driver & physx system software, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point please select both 3D options, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
    If you're still having problems after performing steps 1-4 RMA the card as the fan controller on the GPU has a problem.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile