EVGA Folding Hall of Fame - Who should be on IT

Author
mmillion
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 301
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2012/02/21 09:54:02 (permalink)
Just took a look through the club and when I got to the EVGA Hall of Fame  I went ??????

Barnettworks is a guy who put in a lot of points for the team, but was not even the most productive of the Corporate folders.  Plus he quit EVGA to fold for another team who gave him free hardware.     http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/search.php  So he would be the very last person I would put on this list, well possibly bwm but it would be close. 

totes6  ?  Another of the same group of 4 or 5 folders.  

Now strudinox Should Be on that list.  He is the regular guy who started it all by talking his boss into letting him use the unused time on company servers for EVGA and science.  He is directly responsible for only 24 million points.  However he asked and got his boss permission to used down time on the company servers.  At first he folded alone, then clamatowas, his boss wanted to participate, for a while they folded together and split the points.  Then more and more points until all the points went to clamatowas only and strudinox just pointed off his home machine.  All the people who got involved in team evga (all using company resources but at different data centers were) because of strudinox: clamatowas 74 million points, totes6 43 million points, barnettworks 30 million, total  =  171 million points .   This was back in the low point era.  They were all far ahead of me and were the teams top folders for a long time.  This group put our team on the map so to speak.

So imo of that group only strudinox (got the 1st ok and got his boss clamatowas involved) and his boss clamatowas (head of the IT section at that data center and got totes 6 and barnettworks at other centers involved) did any thing that should get them this list.   The other two just used company resources.

Thaita78 and Leftygof should also be on the list, they had a several year long race that was nip and tuck, all the way to the top 3-5 at team evga.  They battled from 100 points vs 101 points, until until Lefty had to bow out at 54 million points.  It was a great race, most of the time it was Lefty who would just squeak into the lead, but thaita78 forged ahead many times and he is the one who preserved.  They started about a year after I did and after a year or so they were pushing me hard, until the time that Lefty's situation dictated he stop folding. 

jmo 

I am sure others have some people they might think should be on the list.  Guess it is jflankford who decides this, or how is that done.

Mike

was one of several corporate people to fold for and put on the folding map EVGA.  Look at the list and you see
post edited by mmillion - 2012/03/01 17:05:06

16 Replies Related Threads

KMoore4318
    Pistoj Doulos Unum Pluribus
    • Total Posts : 17850
    • Ribbons : 238
    Re:EVGA Millionaires Club - What is Up 2012/02/21 10:00:35 (permalink)
    I belive being on the list is something you request when you meet the requirments, and suspect there are several people not on the list that simply didn't ask to be. I would also suspect that moving on, although regretable does not detract from the accomplishments you made while you were here, But thats just my take.

Just clink Link to Register >  My Affiliate Code:VTJPDC4OMB 
    1)965 V-8  E761(77)
    2)980X AX1200 E760(77) 980 ti
    3) E770 (77)2(590) SLI AX1200 
    4) X299 FTW K, 9980XE 2 2080 supers on AX1200
    blkhole
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 500
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re:EVGA Millionaires Club - What is Up 2012/02/21 10:16:11 (permalink)
    I tend to lean on KM's thoughts on this, but I do see MM's thoughts as well... 

Man, would I love to be able to fold on the high availability clusters we have set up around the infrastructure...  It takes a more open minded company to allow that, which most that I've ever SA'd for have never been...

Heatware Info: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=79249
    EVGA Affiliate Code:  XE66EMX2N9
    clifford_cooley
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 463
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:EVGA Millionaires Club - What is Up 2012/02/21 11:00:06 (permalink)
    That should be EVGA's "Hall of Fame"

Great story, thanks for sharing. :)
    rcranfield
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6799
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re:EVGA Millionaires Club - What is Up 2012/02/26 16:49:05 (permalink)
    Those were the good old days. Even when it came time to lose the big corporate folders, the team was able to quickly make up the difference. When the big guys quit folding, there was never a down turn in our acceleration of points. This team has had some big time folders, but the meat of the team is everyone else.

OLD-SLO-GAMER
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1286
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:EVGA Millionaires Club - What is Up 2012/02/26 17:20:05 (permalink)
    Ahhh the good old days As I recall the hall of fame was originaly set up for the top 100 producers on the team by Aragon You had to keep up to stay in the hall  if I remember right

Rig1 x58 classified 3 I7 950 @4.0 3 GTX680SC  
    Rig2 X79 Dark I7-4820K @ 4.5 3 gtx 670 FTW 1 gtx 660 ftw sig 2      

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re:EVGA Millionaires Club - What is Up 2012/02/26 21:07:21 (permalink)
    Yeah, you have to ask before one gets added. AND, you have to ask again to be moved up as well. I hadn't bothered with it in over a year, but figured I'd ask for my name to be updated later this week when I hit the 30 mill mark. 

Have water, will cool. 
    jflankford
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1081
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re:EVGA Millionaires Club - What is Up 2012/02/26 22:06:47 (permalink)
    kougar
    Yeah, you have to ask before one gets added. AND, you have to ask again to be moved up as well. I hadn't bothered with it in over a year, but figured I'd ask for my name to be updated later this week when I hit the 30 mill mark. 

Your next update is at 40 million.

tank1023
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5366
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re:EVGA Millionaires Club - What is Up 2012/02/27 18:59:25 (permalink)
    When I created the Millionairs club and Hall of Fame, our team had not reached #1 and there were only around 50 people on the list.
    I did the hall of fame just based on past big folders. I guess there can be a section where we vote on who we feel deserves the title.

Folding whatever I can :o)     
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67403

mmillion
    iCX Member
    Re:EVGA Hall of Fame - Who should be included? 2012/03/01 17:03:19 (permalink)
    Poor title, hope this clears it up.    Points are not the determination for inclusion on this list.

It is in the Millionaires Club thread, but is for those who made a big impact on the team and for some reason are no longer folding.  I am sure there are many others, but to me these were the ones that that come to my mind.

I am still unsure why the two that are there are?  Probably because it was early on and the people I mentioned were still folding!  Yep probably right, guess that is pretty much what Tank said.  Probably the only choices 3 to 5 years ago.

Well I think it is obvious there should be some attention paid to that part of our history.  Post anyone you thing should be included. 

Barbarossa
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5311
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re:EVGA Hall of Fame - Who should be included? 2012/03/02 01:37:58 (permalink)
    One that comes to my mind:
    Planetarian- he hasn´t been folding in a long while, but still keeps up the server and whatnot for our beloved sig badges

My affiliate code

mflanaga
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3077
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re:EVGA Hall of Fame - Who should be included? 2012/03/02 03:24:34 (permalink)
    Agree with all the ideas about who deserves to be on the list (and who should not).  I have another name from out teams folding past that deserves consideration, imho: Skydive. I remember him being extremely helpful to alot of folders when I first started. He had many fixes for GTX295 issues when they were all the rage, among others. 

theGryphon
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4069
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re:EVGA Hall of Fame - Who should be included? 2012/03/02 08:11:29 (permalink)
    I'd like to express my support for Leftygof, thaita78, strudinox and clamatowas, and I'd like to add rcranfield and Barbarossa. I know you guys are too humble to ask, but you more than deserve being on the EVGA Folding Hall of Fame.
    post edited by theGryphon - 2012/03/02 09:40:08
    OLD-SLO-GAMER
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1286
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:EVGA Hall of Fame - Who should be included? 2012/03/02 08:59:43 (permalink)
    theGryphon

I'd like to express my support for Leftygof, thaita78, strudinox and clamatowas, and I'd like to add rcranfield and Barbarossa. I know you guys are too humble to ask, but you more than deserve on the EVGA Folding Hall of Fame.

+1

Rig1 x58 classified 3 I7 950 @4.0 3 GTX680SC  
    Rig2 X79 Dark I7-4820K @ 4.5 3 gtx 670 FTW 1 gtx 660 ftw sig 2      

mmillion
    iCX Member
    Re:EVGA Hall of Fame - Who should be included? 2012/03/02 22:29:08 (permalink)
    theGryphon

.............................., and I'd like to add rcranfield and Barbarossa............................. 

I like them a lot too.  However, it might be a bit premature, as they are both active folders.   

The MLB Hall of Fame is for all baseball players no longer playing, the Movie Actors Hall of Fame is for actors no longer acting, and our hall of Fame is for EVGA folders no longer folding. 

troy8d
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2817
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re:EVGA Hall of Fame - Who should be included? 2012/03/03 06:25:01 (permalink)
    mmillion

theGryphon

.............................., and I'd like to add rcranfield and Barbarossa............................. 

I like them a lot too.  However, it might be a bit premature, as they are both active folders.   

The MLB Hall of Fame is for all baseball players no longer playing, the Movie Actors Hall of Fame is for actors no longer acting, and our hall of Fame is for EVGA folders no longer folding. 

I'm not sure retirement should be a necessary qualification.  There are several instances of people in the hall of fame still active in the sports world (typically coaches).  But what is relevant here is that there is no well defined retirement from folding - people just tend to slip away.  Furthermore, knowledge of folders that have left is often lost to current folders who were not there at the time.

Perhaps, a more relevant qualification is retirement or a minimum number of years folding with EVGA?

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
    theGryphon
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4069
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re:EVGA Hall of Fame - Who should be included? 2012/03/03 17:20:22 (permalink)
    mmillion

theGryphon

I see what you're saying but I wasn't thinking about retirement at all. Retirement could be a requirement but I'm not sure, it's not like they couldn't come back to folding if their circumstances allowed and they wanted. What I mean is retirement from folding is different from retirement from baseball.
    I was only thinking in terms of the long-term influence people had on this team, as a folder, with their help to other folders and with their continuous support to the team.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile