EVGA

Helpful ReplyLockedEVGA ELITE Member Requirements - Signup Now!

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 24
Author
redleader00
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 906
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/28 19:23:51 (permalink)
Opolis
redleader00
Opolis

I pre-ordered the original version and used EVGA bucks.
When I go to upgrade to Elite, the bucks are no longer applied and it is full price.

Will I lose the bucks used for the first pre-order?
Can I apply bucks to the Elite pre-order?
Are the game codes still included?

So many questions...

FYI received an email from customer support that you will be able to use EVGA bucks as with any other order or pre-order.

When I upgraded, there was no option to use the bucks.  We will see...
It had not yet "charged" the bucks I applied to the original pre-order and they were still shown on my account page.

Neither could I use my evga bucks. We will see.

Well I've got the email on hand specifically saying I can use them for Elite upgrade...so it's going to happen, one way or another.

If you find a way to do it, don't forget to tell me how :)

ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/28 19:46:38 (permalink)
aschwenke
i upgraded to an elite card knowing they said it wont ship til may 22nd. however on my preorder page i have an estimated ship date of may 8th. anyone else getting this?

Yes, mine still shows May 1 but does show the 774.99 elite cost and model in the details.

123Testing123
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 409
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/28 20:11:05 (permalink)
ipkha
aschwenke
i upgraded to an elite card knowing they said it wont ship til may 22nd. however on my preorder page i have an estimated ship date of may 8th. anyone else getting this?

Yes, mine still shows May 1 but does show the 774.99 elite cost and model in the details.

I pre-ordered an FTW3 on March 28, 2017 that was scheduled to ship on May 1st. I then upgraded to an Elite version on April 27th (yesterday as I write this).
At the time of writing this, my account shows an estimated shipping date of May 1, 2017 with a price before tax and shipping of $774.99.

post edited by 123Testing123 - 2017/04/29 00:32:29
brockkane
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 151
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/28 20:18:10 (permalink)
123Testing123
ipkha
aschwenke

I pre-ordered an FTW3 on March 28, 2017 that was scheduled to ship on May 1st. I then upgraded to an Elite version on March 27th (yesterday as I write this).
At the time of writing this, my account shows an estimated shipping date of May 1, 2017 with a price before tax and shipping of $774.99.

I think you meant April 27th not March?

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) LGA 1151 (300 Series)
CPU:  Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo)
CPU Cooler: Kraken X52 CAM-powered 240mm AIO Cooler with RGB
GPU(s): EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (Black)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 Power Supply
Memory:  CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3000
Operating System:  Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34-Inch Curved 

Medico
  • Total Posts : 85
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/28 23:14:49 (permalink)
Does anyone know the answer to my questions?

My Affiliate Code: 0LPQOARBYK
w0ng3r
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/28 23:22:16 (permalink)
Mods need to clean up all the spammy pointless posts people are making to hit elite status (No I don't need elite status, I skipped my upgrade offer) 
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/28 23:31:56 (permalink)
w0ng3r
Mods need to clean up all the spammy pointless posts people are making to hit elite status (No I don't need elite status, I skipped my upgrade offer) 

Tell me about it.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
123Testing123
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 409
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 00:33:39 (permalink)
brockkane
123Testing123
ipkha
aschwenke

I pre-ordered an FTW3 on March 28, 2017 that was scheduled to ship on May 1st. I then upgraded to an Elite version on March 27th (yesterday as I write this).

I think you meant April 27th not March?

Yes, thanks for catching that. I edited the post to change March to April.
Medico
  • Total Posts : 85
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 12:13:05 (permalink)
w0ng3r

Are you saying that because of what I posted or someone else posted?

My Affiliate Code: 0LPQOARBYK
Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2779
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 12:28:58 (permalink)
redleader00
Opolis
redleader00
Opolis

I pre-ordered the original version and used EVGA bucks.
When I go to upgrade to Elite, the bucks are no longer applied and it is full price.

Will I lose the bucks used for the first pre-order?
Can I apply bucks to the Elite pre-order?
Are the game codes still included?

So many questions...

FYI received an email from customer support that you will be able to use EVGA bucks as with any other order or pre-order.

When I upgraded, there was no option to use the bucks.  We will see...
It had not yet "charged" the bucks I applied to the original pre-order and they were still shown on my account page.

Neither could I use my evga bucks. We will see.

Well I've got the email on hand specifically saying I can use them for Elite upgrade...so it's going to happen, one way or another.

If you find a way to do it, don't forget to tell me how :)

Well,  EVGA is now telling me: sorry for lying about the use of the EVGA bucks for this upgrade, tough luck we won't do anything to fix it, have fun paying full price

First time in 7 years I've had a rough experience with EVGA support

If anyone wanted to upgrade to a red Elite FTW3, there will be one more available soon.
post edited by Opolis - 2017/04/29 12:38:06

Capt_Caveman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 12:45:09 (permalink)
Medico
Does anyone know the answer to my questions?

Contact EVGA Support

AMD 5900X
EVGA 3080 FTW3
AsRock X570 Taichi / Noctua NH-U14S
G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32gb(16x2) 3600mhz CL16
Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB NVMe / Samsung 960 EVO 1TB NVMe
Corsair Crystal 570X Case
EVGA G3 850w
Soundblaster AE-5
Alienware AW3418DW and LG 27GP850-B
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 13:55:08 (permalink)
Opolis 

Well,  EVGA is now telling me: sorry for lying about the use of the EVGA bucks for this upgrade, tough luck we won't do anything to fix it, have fun paying full price

If anyone wanted to upgrade to a red Elite FTW3, there will be one more available soon.

I swear I thought I read from them that you could use EVGA bucks all around in this process.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 14:28:57 (permalink)
I asked support via email about it, just to be sure, before upgrading.
I did use bucks for the original FTW3 pre-order, they were not charged since it hadn't shipped yet.

Initial response from support:
You will be able to use EVGA bucks as with any order or pre-order purchase.

Please contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
EVGA Support 

Then: As per the EVGA Bucks terms: http://www.evga.com/evgabucks/, EVGA Bucks cannot be used for preorders. I do apologize for any confusion.

If it is against the terms...then why was there an option for the original pre-order to use EVGA bucks?
Why was the order total confirmed as price + tax + shipping - EVGA bucks?

Still waiting on EVGA response.

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 14:29:04 (permalink)
EDIT: double post

ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 15:23:41 (permalink)
Opolis
I asked support via email about it, just to be sure, before upgrading.
I did use bucks for the original FTW3 pre-order, they were not charged since it hadn't shipped yet.

Initial response from support:
You will be able to use EVGA bucks as with any order or pre-order purchase.

Please contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
EVGA Support 

Then: As per the EVGA Bucks terms: http://www.evga.com/evgabucks/, EVGA Bucks cannot be used for preorders. I do apologize for any confusion.

If it is against the terms...then why was there an option for the original pre-order to use EVGA bucks?
Why was the order total confirmed as price + tax + shipping - EVGA bucks?

Still waiting on EVGA response.

Yes, there was an option during payment selection to apply Evga bucks. I don't for preorders in order to get it completed asap before they run out of stock.

redleader00
SSC Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 15:40:01 (permalink)
w0ng3r

I'm starting to think that the 100 posts method of getting Elite status is going to be a pain in the long run.

redleader00
SSC Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 15:43:28 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Opolis 

I swear I thought I read from them that you could use EVGA bucks all around in this process.

I know I could have used the EVGA bucks when I first pre-ordered the standard FTW3 (I saw the option), but I didn't get such an option again when I upgraded to Elite FTW3.

jdw715
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 139
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 16:08:19 (permalink)
redleader00
w0ng3r

I'm starting to think that the 100 posts method of getting Elite status is going to be a pain in the long run.

Yes, I mentioned this a while back. Many new members are going to SPAM to get to 100. One guy I saw made 100 posts in 4 hours. I've been here since 2008 and still don't have 100 posts. EVGA should think about adding some time qualification for elite status

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 16:27:53 (permalink)
Elite fail.

ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 16:31:58 (permalink)
redleader00
GTXJackBauer
Opolis 

I know I could have used the EVGA bucks when I first pre-ordered the standard FTW3 (I saw the option), but I didn't get such an option again when I upgraded to Elite FTW3.

You don't get to change your existing selection. So, when it bills the evga bucks you originally selected will cone off before your credit card gets billed.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 19:31:46 (permalink)
jdw715
redleader00
w0ng3r

Yes, I mentioned this a while back. Many new members are going to SPAM to get to 100. One guy I saw made 100 posts in 4 hours. I've been here since 2008 and still don't have 100 posts. EVGA should think about adding some time qualification for elite status

Opolis
Elite fail.

I've already complained as I caught a few going bonkers for their post counts.  One person the other day went as far as entering into page #2 with only 1 min increments from each response in each thread.  They read the title or read a few of the last few posts and they made it somewhat "relevant" to the thread but sometimes it made no sense or it was just like coming in and saying "hi" to the post.  This obviously was not thought out by EVGA and a error on their part as I feel for the mods here trying to contain the forums, only to get bombarded with posts by those only with a 100 post end game.  Now the argument between relevant and irrelevant posts is a loose end but spamming on the other hand I think could have been implemented but that is a slippery slope as well.  Who goes on a forum and comments on more than 10+ threads in minutes, only to realize they're on page #2, bringing up old threads that haven't been touched in a week.

The other pet peeve of mine is those that act like they don't know how to use the quote feature and the basics of responding to a forum.  In most forums, they will call you out for taking each individual quote and responding to it separately, leaving a single person with 2-5 posts back to back when you're suppose to combine all the quotes and respond to them accordingly in ONE single post.  That's why there's a edit button.  (I just used it so I don't go spamming another new post after this one to increase my total count.)  I've even caught a veteran member doing this and have called him out many times but they seem to be obsessed with their post count totals, let alone those doing this for elite status.  Case in point, I just responded to a couple quotes in one response without spamming the forums and wanting to increase my total epeen, I mean total post count.

post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2017/04/30 01:21:21

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
redleader00
SSC Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/29 19:54:30 (permalink)
jdw715
redleader00
w0ng3r

+1

GTXJackBauer
I've already complained as I caught a few going bonkers for their post counts.  One person the other day went as far as entering into page #2 with only 1 min increments from each response in each thread.  They read the title or read a few of the last few posts and they made it somewhat "relevant" to the thread but sometimes it made no sense or it was just like coming in and saying "hi" to the post.  This obviously was not thought out by EVGA and a error on their part as I feel for the mods here trying to contain the forums, only to get bombarded with posts by those only with a 100 post end game.  Now the argument between relevant and irrelevant posts is a loose end but spamming on the other hand I think could have been implemented but that is a slippery slope as well.  Who goes on a forum and comments on more than 10+ threads in minutes, only to realize they're on page #2, bringing up old threads that haven't been touched in a week.

The other pet peeve of mine is those that act like they don't know how to use the quote feature and the basics of responding to a forum.  In most forums, they will call out you for taking each individual quote and responding to it, leaving a single person with 2-5 posts back to back when you're suppose to combine all the quotes and respond to them accordingly in ONE single post.  That's why there's a edit button.  (I just used it so I don't go spamming another new post after this one to increase my total count.)  I've even caught a veteran member doing this and have called him out many times but they seem to be obsessed with their post count totals, let alone those doing this for elite status.  Case in point, I responded to several quotes in one post without spamming the forums and wanting to increase my total epeen, I mean post total.

+1 again.
post edited by redleader00 - 2017/04/29 19:59:28

aschwenke
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/04/30 16:55:21 (permalink)
elite upgrades are still eligible for the free game of ghost recon or for honor from orignal pre order correct?
qrazy
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/05/01 04:30:03 (permalink)
aschwenke
elite upgrades are still eligible for the free game of ghost recon or for honor from orignal pre order correct?

That's a great question! I know it has been posted here the pre-orders would qualify. I upgraded mine to elite expecting the the free game was still part of my pre-order (as it is still a pre-order) while accepting a longer wait for the card. Hopefully Jacob can pop in and address this.
themightydude12
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/05/01 06:51:31 (permalink)
So quick question on all this.

I purchased an EVGA 1080 ti fe, and the original post on this thread said 1060 SC or above. Technically, the 1080 ti fe is above the 1060 sc, but I'm guessing the 1080 ti fe doesn't auto qualify me since it's not an aftermarket version of the 1080 ti like the SC/SC2 etc?

But if I purchase an EVGA power supply plus the 1080 ti fe I already registered, that would qualify me?
post edited by themightydude12 - 2017/05/01 06:53:32
redleader00
SSC Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/05/01 07:01:02 (permalink)
ipkha
redleader00

You don't get to change your existing selection. So, when it bills the evga bucks you originally selected will cone off before your credit card gets billed.

Thanks for the info.

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/05/01 09:22:37 (permalink)
redleader00
ipkha
redleader00

Thanks for the info.

This is not what EVGA has told me via support emails.
They flat out said that bucks cannot be applied toward elite pre-orders, even though I was told it was possible in the exact same email string.

Waiting on their reply...
post edited by Opolis - 2017/05/01 09:28:36

jfw06013
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 586
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/05/01 23:44:38 (permalink)
I changed my mind I want White.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/05/02 02:07:31 (permalink)
w0ng3r

That is normal on evga forums. 

Nemes1s89
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: EVGA ELITE Member Requirements 2017/05/02 13:57:12 (permalink)
If i had registered a 1080 ftw and then i sold it (and ofc i unregister the card) can i become an elite member?
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 24
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile